Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, so what's going on? Not losing.

I lost 30 pounds in total after my pre and 4 weeks after surgery. It has now been 6 weeks and I haven't lost a pound. I'm starving all of the time. Still getting shoulder pain on occasion. What gives?? Any ideas??

Thanks

You might be "starving " if you haven't had a fill, its called Bandster Hell for a reason. You might try tracking your food, Water and exercise on Myfitnesspal.com. It will really break down what you're eating and might help you see where you can improve. Good luck !

I hate to tell you this but it is not going to get any easier. I am 3 months post-op and today I found myself so hungry. I have had 3 very small fills, and even though I am able to eat a little, I usually get hungry 1-2 hrs after meals. I really try not to snack, but it can be hard. The band does not stop us from eating. It does not restrict anything. What it will do, when we reach the green zone is keep us from getting hungry 4-5 hours between meals. Allowing us to only eat 3 meals with no Snacks. All we can do until then is watch what we eat and exercise. We'll get to the green zone. It just may take more than a few fills. Hang in there. I am :)

Edited by catlover602

if you are losing *inches*......aka current clothes getting bigger on you or having to buy smaller clothes, then you ARE losing regardless of what a stupid scale says or does not say

keep doing what you are doing

eating, drinking, moving/exercising

as its working..its not a rush to the finish line

living life will never end until our last breath

enjoy the trip but keep reality in your sights

it did not take us overnight to be so large to need WLS

the weight wont disappear in a days time...it takes time

sounds like you are doing great

that is what gives to me.

The way I see it ...... I gained 5 to 6 pounds a year for 30 years...... I am THRILLED to lose 5 to 6 pounds a month..... And you are averaging better than that. I quit weighing altogether at home. I only weigh at my doctor's office. I have hit two stalls or plateaus. I can feel your frustration. But, I have noticed, that once the stall breaks, the weight starts rolling off again. I was banded in August of 2013, so the year before you. I'm guessing you are not in the GREEN zine yet. It took me over seven months to get there, and that elusive zone has left me twice once I though I achieved it. The band needs constant readjustment for some people; others never need a fill and are in the GREEN from day one. Another way I kick start weight loss after a stall is by changing up something in my exercise routine or my eating routine. It does seem to work. Best wishes.

Edited by HealthyNewMe

The band won't work it's magic till it's adjusted properly.

Till then, "it's just another diet"...B-52

@@Darlyn Dwan Rottkamp DeVoe This far out from surgery you should not be having that shoulder pain. Perhaps there is some gas trapped and you could try using a heating pad under you back shoulder to help things move along. If you are still having that discomfort I would give the Dr. a call and let them know, it could be something unrelated to the surgery.

As for being hungry, I'm sorry to report what others have said above is true. Once your band is properly adjusted you will start to have less and less feelings of hunger. There are some who the band has worked with no fills, and then others who need to have a high fill level.

I am struggling right along with you these days as I have had most of my fill removed due to a dilated pouch which happened due to medications that were irritating my stomach.

I'm more hungry then I was, and I can eat much quicker and take larger bites then I could before...but I don't do that. I still take those 20 minutes to eat and then put my utensils down. I don't shovel the food in and I still cut things up and make them band sized bites and chew chew chew.

This is the time to work on those band eating mechanics that will serve you very well as you move forward on the journey to your optimal band restriction level. So practice practice practice and you won't regret it. Also focusing on all those things while eating helps to distract you from being hungry.

Add in some exercise if you haven't already and when your feeling true hunger eat. Manage the portion and practice good mechanics. If your not sure if your hungry or perhaps just bored get up and take a walk or do something that you enjoy to take your mind off of it until it's time to eat.

You got this!