Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Looks like we have all been busy like bees. I have thought of you all and often wonder how you are all doing. For the rest of my life I am sure I will cherish having you all as my WLS pals.

This has been a good week. 100lbs lost milestone. What a dream! I can hardly believe I could lose that kind of weight. A total miracle. I have more energy then I did 10 years ago and feel awesome.

Love,

Beni

Hello Gladiators! I am proud to report.. i have made it to onederland!! 198!! Getting closer to my goal of 160lbs. Since ive been having drops of sudden low blood sugar. My surgeon wants me to follow the Wholegrain council diet.

Has.anyone heard of this or has anyone been told to follow this diet. It consists of No meats, No dairy, No white flour stuff. So, basically I'm to eat legumes, fresh fruits and veggies, and whatever goodies i can find. This diet is not easy. He is also sending me to an Endocrinologist. We're trying to avoid pancreatic surgery.

is anyone else going thru this?

Beni!!! I, too, hit 100 pounds lost! What a difference a year makes!

I hope everyone is doing well! Miss you. Been busy.

@Beni--That is awesome Beni!!! I feel the same way--cannot believe I've lost this weight!

I also can't believe it's been almost 9 months!!?? Really?? Seems like just a couple months ago we were all going in for surgery!!!

I am still at 158/159. I haven't really lost since we got home from Hawaii. Not sure why--although I've still had a lot of exhaustion, so I haven't worked out like I need to. I am just whipped by 8PM. I've gone to the pool a few evenings with my 9yr old. But I don't really swim, just hang out with her in the Water, LOL. My boys (15 and 18) were surprisingly upset when I was taking her to the pool! They both said, "Wow...you never went with us to the pool, Mom." I had to explain to them that when they were that age, I was very obese, and I wasn't comfortable going to the pool. I apologized for not being able to do the things with them I SO wanted to do! :( Makes me so sad what I missed out with them...

We went to Wisconsin Dells last week for 4 days with ALL 7 kids. Whew! It was a bit stressful with all the kids, LOL, but we had a blast. I felt totally comfortable walking around in my swimsuit. We played ALOT of volleyball at the resort we stayed at. (It was on the "quiet" side of the lake at the Dells, SO nice!) It was so nice not wanting to sit out while the family did fun things. We rented a pontoon and pulled a tube behind it. I wasn't going to do it because Brett's main goal was to get whoever was on it, OFF of it! :P But the kids talked me into it---it was fun, but I didn't last nearly as long as the kids did on it! I have ZERO arm strength! Couldn't hold onto the handles long at all.

@joankrie--I've never heard of that diet? Are you getting plenty of Protein? I know I get really "shakey" if I don't. That's odd, I've never heard of that happening with someone who's had the surgery. Did your surgeon say what causes this? What kind of surgery would you be having if they had to?

@Shadow427---Whoohoo!!! Great job!!!

@@amylynns

Perhaps you are still in Hawaii time (slower and lazier). Also, if Brett has a bug you may also be developing one of those summer colds. That will drain your energy.

Aren't fries the devil? I cannot handle more then one or two. Not sure if it gets stuck or it's the fat. Fried food is certainly not good. However, I can eat chickpeas with olive oil and balsamic vinegar without a problem. A good tablespoon of olive oil and I am fine. Perhaps it's the kind of fat. I am not organized enough to figure it out. I figure fries are not great for you so my family will just have to have less of them.

It's going to be so fun shopping for a wedding dress. What styles do you like? You probably will have to try all sorts because with your new shape it's like you are another person. What looked good before my not anymore. We are literally new people. Even my mother can't begin to understand how this is possible.

Ooops! I see I never answered this post!

Wedding dresses....I have NO clue!! I see dresses I like, but I just don't have a clue what my new body will look good in! We went dress shopping with my step daughter (to be..) and I LOVED the ones she was picking! But I can't do the same thing!! ;) They were to me, what I'd call, classic? I'll try and find a picture of something I'm drawn to. Lace is what I'm liking, which is totally different than when I got married the 1st time, way back in 1992! LOL! I wanted the big ball type gown then. But I want something more sleek, simpler this time. Especially since it's my 2nd marriage I guess. :)

This is very close to the one my step daughter is getting: http://www.allurebridals.com/products/9220

I don't think I could do something quite that fitted....I don't know. But I love the lace and the open back.

I had a moment of panic the other day. We picked a wedding date of May 20th, 2017. ( I know...a long way away, but I love the month of May, not too hot/cold) and we can't do 2016 because my step daughter is getting married June 2016 and we don't want to have ours before hers. SO anyway....I was thinking 2017 is so far away---"What if I'm fat again by then!" Ugh....had to talk through that with my therapist yesterday! I'm going to sabotage myself if I think like that! I've proven to myself already that I CAN do this, as long as I DO what I'm supposed to do!!

I need to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts! So I decided I'm going to start saving $$ and if all goes well, I will treat myself to a breast lift BEFORE my wedding!! :P So a good goal to keep in mind!!

Hey all, I had a plastic surgery consult and am looking at doing surgery 10/15 to get rid of the excess belly skin. Woot woot

Congrats on everyones successes.

So many posts to answer, can't wait and don't even know who to start with first. It won't be in order because my little brain can't remember who was first, so I'll go backwards.

@ smiley922

One year on and plastic surgery. That's a great goal to have. How much is it going to cost, if you don't mind me asking? I have read on BP that sometimes people can get insurance to pay but I am not sure if that really happens. I am actually wearing my girdle today, trying to hold everything in. It is a lot of extra skin to deal with and I end up having this little pouch. I look pregnant. Well, I did before as well when I was 270 lbs but somehow it bothers me more now. Keeps us in the loop. We would love to hear all about it.

@@amylynns

Love the dress your step daughter picked. You are right very classic and timeless. That's the kind of dress that looks great on pictures forever. I too was married in the 80's, not a good decade at all for wedding dresses. We all looked like poufs of white and the hair didn't help either.

I don't think May 2017 is that far off. It makes sense because of your step daughter and you if want May, there is really no other way. I too want a boob job so bad but I have all the kids Colleges to deal with. I may have to come up with a plan for it to happen. I have developed this weird pain in my breast. When I bend down and I am not wearing a bra. It feels like my breast is ripping from my body. It is a very sharp pain. I fired out it was due to the fact that to fit into my bra all the skin gets stuffed in and it creates a fold under the arm pit. So, I have to do a lot of adjusting or wear a sports bra. Not a good look because I look likely breasts are around the belly button. I am exaggerating but still not a good look.

I am at 169, so 101 lbs lost. I actually am trying to slow down because I feel like I am looking a little too thin around my shoulders and hips. Bones are sticking out and I am so afraid of looking like a skeleton with skin draped over it.

I have taken my boys to the pool a few times and I had a great time playing which was totally embarrassing for my teenagers. They grew up with mom lounging in the chair and are totally confused by this woman who wants to go tubbing. They are the slouches now, I have way more energy then they do. I wish I was this energetic when they were younger. We would have had a blast.

@@Shadow427

Congratulations on 100 lbs lost. It feels like a dream. I fixed a dress I loved and had to take in 2 inches from the width on each side. That's 8 inches. Holly cow. Have been shopping a bit and it still takes forever to find something I like because i am picky. I love that shoes fit so nicely now. Before it was a struggle to find something that didn't look like my foot was getting strangled. I could seriously become a shoe hoarder.

Are you in Cape May for the summer?

@@joankrie

Congratulations on achieving wonderland. What wonderful feeling.

No, never heard of that diet. I too get a little light headed if I don't eat. Sometimes I forget but I can manage my blood sugar with 3 meals and 2 Snacks. I have done well lately with it. I do get a little tummy ache here and there from either eating too fast or perhaps a bite too much. I had Protein oatmeal the other day and I think it was too hot. Boy did I get a tummy ache. Now I only have a half portion and I wait until it is completely cool.

How are you supposed to have the required Protein without having meats? I hope you don't mind me asking but what is the relationship with the pancreas? I am one of those medically curious people. I aa always researching medical stuff.

@@Luna222

Are you feeling a little better? Has the nausea gotten better? I feel a bit better but I do get tummy aches now. I almost called my doctor this morning. I wonder if I need to go on Protonix again. After my cup of coffee this morning wow, my tummy hurt. I had some crackers and a sip of milk. It settled down. It was like a hunger pain X 100. I have been drinking coffee with lots of milk for several months. It's a latte, really. It never bothered me before. But I have noticed that same pain when I don't eat for a while. After 3 hours without food it is bothersome.

How is your dating life going? I feel like I never did get to respond to your post a while back. I ask in part because it has been a while since you were in the dating picture at this size. Any differences worth mentioning? Now that you are even more gorgeous and healthier, that is.

Beni - I struggle with shopping, too. I need new clothes, but, I still have lots to loose.

I'm on Cape Cod... Helping a friend open a restaurant. So far, its going great. It's a lot of hours, but, lots of fun. I'm on my feet at least 12 hours a day. I guess you could say its built in exercise.

Everyone sounds like you are all doing well. It's nice to know you are all out there.

@Beni-- The time of "the poof" was a great time though! I love the 80's and 90's!!

Oh, I hear you on the boob pain! I never expected this I guess! I still have a lot of breast tissue...it's just deflated! LOL! I went from about a 40/42 DDD to a 32/34 DDD. Can't believe I'm still a DDD, but there's so much tissue I have to tuck in!

Brett just told me the other night my shoulder area is skin & bones. We were just laying in bed and he was rubbing my shoulder/arm and said, "Babe, do me a favor? Start lifting the arm weights we have here. I'm concerned how your bones just stick out." Sweetheart....worried, but I'm like, "Yes! I have bones! Not fat!" :P

But I do agree and know I need to build up some muscle. I don't want to look the other extreme, anorexic. (although I surely don't think I'm at that point!)

I love that you embarrassed your boys! Haha!! :P I agree, we could have had such a blast if we were this fit when they were younger. :( At least my Hannah is getting to enjoy my fit self! ;)

@@amylynns

Hurray for Hannah, she gets a more energetic mom and the rest of the family too. I too have the bones sticking out in the shoulder area. I do lift weights but it doesn't help much. It's like gravity melted the fat away. It's hard to build muscle with what we eat but I am sure it would be worse if I didn't try to keep what I have in the muscle department.

It feels funny to stuff all the breast tissue into a bra. I so want a breast lift. I can't be without a bra even when I sleep. It hurts too bad when I turn around. I have been wearing cotton loose sports bras to bed for the support. This is not something I expecting out of WLS, lol. I guess because as the fat left the skin distended causing the breast tissue to get pulled by gravity. It seriously hurts. It's worst if I bend forward, ouch. But otherwise, I feel fantastic.

Of course making sure I eat right is always a challenge and I do mess up once in a while.

I have a funny one. I decided to have a Margarita last Saturday night. I got roaring drunk with a single Margarita. I had to strip my clothes off as I was perspiring profusely and had to go to bed pronto. The sugar in the drink also may have caused it but I had not been this drunk since college. Good to know, I'll have to have a single sip from now on.