Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Navy let me exchange a dress. I said it has a defect.....and was too big. They let me just swap it out 0:-) just one small white lie

Oh, for crying out loud!!

I wore a different, NEW, skirt (long, maxi type skirt) today and it's falling down too!!

Geesh!!! One of my lady customers came in while I was pulling it up and she says, "I have that same skirt! It's falling down, isn't it?!" She said she had to buy a size smaller than she normally wears with these type of skirts.

Good to know! I of course tossed the tags and receipt...duh. Maybe I can have someone take it in a bit.

Ok so today I have officially lost half ot my starting weight, I started at 225, now weigh 112.4 holy cow, there used to be two of me.

@smiley922---Whoohooo!!!! Awesome job!! That is just amazing!!

@PinkPolkadot619--I might try that! It's getting more loose as the day goes on! Bad, stretched out fabric! WOW!

I had a little bit of an episode yesterday, it scared the crap out of me. My surgeon told me before surgery, that I can go back to all of my meds after, except of course the nsaids. She said they'd all be fine. Luckily I haven't needed any of them at all, so I've been off of everything for 8 months now. Except lately I've been feeling a little down...so my primary Dr told me I could start back up on the citalopram. I took my first one yesterday while at work. I started to feel warm, and I thought it was just because we didn't have the air on...but then I got cold sweats. My face was dripping sweat, and then my heart started racing..my chest and heart hurt, felt like it was being squeezed...my stomach and intestines felt like they were being twisted hard. I was shaking and pale white. I started dry heaving. I felt like I was going to die or pass out. One of the guys saw me and said wow, she's not ok! So he had me drink a Vitamin Water and sat me in front of a fan for a little bit...it started to slowly go away, but I still feel a little queasy. So the PA told me today she didn't know why that happened, but it could have been the dose..which is the lowest one they have...or if it was extended release. She said bypass patients should never take extended release anything, because of the way it gets absorbed. It was so scary tho! It was dumping, but from a tiny pill!

@Luna222--Oh my gosh!! So scary!!! So glad you're ok! So now what? No more pills?

When I started back on my meds, my head felt like I was in a fish bowl for a few days, but that's about it. I think mine is a time release one too! But if I miss a dose, it's not a good deal! I get very anxious and my stomach does flip flips, gets nauseous. It took me a while once to figure out that I had missed a dose and that's what was happening.

Damn meds!

Decided to do my first 5k and boy was it a blast! Everyone should do it at some point! Keep going all! Stay healthy and happy ❤️post-227578-14354078881054_thumb.jpg post-227578-14354079029538_thumb.jpg post-227578-14354079194051_thumb.jpg post-227578-14354079340805_thumb.jpg post-227578-14354079482019_thumb.jpg

Trying a new look, what do you think?

post-217122-14354293337221_thumb.jpg

@Luna222--Oh my gosh!! So scary!!! So glad you're ok! So now what? No more pills?

When I started back on my meds, my head felt like I was in a fish bowl for a few days, but that's about it. I think mine is a time release one too! But if I miss a dose, it's not a good deal! I get very anxious and my stomach does flip flips, gets nauseous. It took me a while once to figure out that I had missed a dose and that's what was happening.

Damn meds!

Lol definitely no more pills for me! It's so strange how my body handles these things now!

Hello everyone,

Loved the photos and updates. So many news from everyone.

I got sick last night for the first time in over a month. Had an hamburger patty with cheese. Well, had a 1/3 of a patty. Added 4 fries and I think those did it. Usually I am a single french fire girl. Perhaps I ate too fast but it was not good. Any one still gets sick out there?

Sorry about your dumping @@Luna 222. That does sound scary. I had Nyquil the other day because for two weeks I woke up at 3:00 AM and wouldn't go back to sleep. It usually knocks me down for the night. I was not doing well with sleep deprivation (a bit of a bear) and 10 minutes after taking it I was sweaty and shaky. Meds do act differently with RNY.

@@smiley922 Wild girl you!

You have to look at the sugar of the mess too, I know liquid NyQuil has sugar.

@dc0520--Way to go on your 5K! You look great!!!! :D

@smiley922---Look at you! Hot Mama!!! :P

@Beni--Fries have done it for me too. ;) I always pick 3-4 of the crispiest I can find, which helps, but best for me to just skip them. :wacko:

For sleep help--I always recommend Melatonin. All natural. I get it at Wal-mart. I get the cherry or strawberry flavor, 5mg. They just dissolve in your mouth. I've taken them for years, after being on Ambien CR for 2 years and hating the morning grogginess from it. I had a therapist recommend the melatonin. I take the 2, get in bed, read for about 20 minutes and I'm out. My biggest problem was falling asleep and staying asleep once I finally did fall asleep, LOL! This stuff works like a champ!! Once in a while I'll wake up during the night and need to read for 5 or 10 minutes. But that's if I have some major stuff on my brain. And NO grogginess in the morning. I've even taken another one at 2 or 3:00 in the morning and still had no problems in the morning.

Wow, what a lazy weekend we had! I'm pretty much ticked at myself for being as lazy as I was!! We didn't even get a walk in!? WTH?

Oh--I guess Saturday we went wedding dress shopping with Brett's daughter. (Her wedding in June 2016) So that was fun!! She didn't say yes to a dress yet, but she's getting closer!! I was keeping my eye open for dresses that I like for me too.. ;) We actually like some of the same styles, but then again--I have NO clue what will look good on this new body of mine!!? Guess I'll just have to end up trying some on at some point to see what looks good. :)

I have been oddly exhausted since we got home from Hawaii. Not really sure why??? It's been 3 weeks (seems longer than that) and I feel like I could sleep all day if I had the chance! I've been very careful about getting my Protein and Vitamins in. Haven't been journaling 100%, but I eat a lot of the same meals, and I know how much Protein is in them. I'm going to be extra good about journaling this week and see if I'm missing something. I also haven't lost ONE pound since being home. I've been stuck right at 158/159. I feel like it's a bit of a mind thing!? Like 160 was my goal in my head, and now my body doesn't want to go lower!

I also wondered if my Vit D. level could be low? I got SO Much natural Vit D in Hawaii and I haven't really been out enjoying the sun much since we've been home. I still take my Vit D pills, but maybe my body is just going through withdrawl of the natural stuff. I had tanned before we went to Hawaii (just twice a week for about 3 weeks--I KNOW, tanning beds are SO BAD) just to get a base tan so I didn't fry in Hawaii. I was thinking maybe I should try going once a week to see if that would even help? I have a friend who's Dr. recommended a tanning bed for Vit D therapy? I had never heard of that!?

Anyway---I'm all by my lonesome this morning at work. Brett woke up at 3AM with horrible stomach and body aches. I was sweating and he was FREEZING! He wasn't hot with a fever, his body was COLD!? So weird! He snuggled up next to me, which felt good to be since I was hot. He told me this morning that he had extreme pain from his breast line all the way down his legs for about 2 hours. No clue what that would be??

He's staying home today. :(

I suppose I should get some work done.....

@@Beni I still get sick as well. I hadn't been getting sick for a while, but this past 2 weeks I have noticed some nausea. This weekend, I couldn't really eat without either having it come back up, or being nauseous and having to lay down. It sucks too cuz I made an awesome turkey dinner yesterday!

@@Luna222

I wonder why we are getting sick again? Last night, I was sick for the second day in a row. I had two slices of homemade pizza with mostly veggies and good stuff. Not sure why I am so sensitive all of a sudden. I don't even know what I should eat. I try to stick to yogurt and other easy food but my Protein intake is not enough. I had a Protein Bar (16 gr) and some milk with my tea but that's it for today. I am not hungry at all. Last night was not fun. The nausea was horrible. Blast. I think it's harder for me to do dinner because I am sitting down with my family and eat faster then I do during the day. I tend to snack on my meal. One bite, then I do something, a few minutes later I take another bite and so on. dinner is all at the same time. I chew very well but I think my stomach can't handle that much food at once. It's only like 1/2 cup but It's still too much.

I actually lost a bunch of weight this week. No idea why since I didn't do anything all that different. I have been outdoors a lot: waterpark with the boys, etc. I guess all the heat has re-ved up my metabolism. I am 1 pound away from 100 lbs lost. I suppose I should be happy, and I am.

@@amylynns

Perhaps you are still in Hawaii time (slower and lazier). Also, if Brett has a bug you may also be developing one of those summer colds. That will drain your energy.

Aren't fries the devil? I cannot handle more then one or two. Not sure if it gets stuck or it's the fat. Fried food is certainly not good. However, I can eat chickpeas with olive oil and balsamic vinegar without a problem. A good tablespoon of olive oil and I am fine. Perhaps it's the kind of fat. I am not organized enough to figure it out. I figure fries are not great for you so my family will just have to have less of them.

It's going to be so fun shopping for a wedding dress. What styles do you like? You probably will have to try all sorts because with your new shape it's like you are another person. What looked good before my not anymore. We are literally new people. Even my mother can't begin to understand how this is possible.