Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm back. Stuck at 175 lbs with Luna. Misery does love company, lol.

Loved Taci's comment on the boob thing. Smiley once referred to hers as tube socks. I still laugh when I think about it. Great imagery! My boob moment was when I wore a bra that had less coverage (demi) and when I bent over, my boobs spilled over the top. Then, I stood there (in line at a register at Maci's, I think) with this unaboob over the top of the bra and I could not fix it without getting hands in there. How horrible. Now, I know my bra has to fit well all around so the girls can't run away in any direction.

I lost my pants once, I was walking along and I felt this funny feeling, they were past my butt but because my shirt was long I didn't flash anyone but it was hilarious. I still try to wear clothes that fall off my body as I obviously don't learn. I wore this pair of crop pants the other day and I was out in the garden. After pulling them up for the 100th time, I stopped and said to myself, my pants are slowing me down, lol. Had to change them pronto. I have placed clothes shopping on hold for now because it's was such a waste. All 6 pairs of jeans I bought in the past 3 months are too big. It's so hard to find a pair that fits great and once you do, not being able to wear them is like losing an old friend. All my tops look like tents AGAIN. In fact, when I go in my closet, it's a fight finding something that fits.

Dumping for me is high fat or high sugar.

Fat: burping, uncomfortable, slight nausea but not enough to actually get sick, feeling tired, have to sit down because I am out of sorts.

Sugar: Sweating , elevated heart rate, exhaustion, have to lie down. Sometimes I even fall asleep for 10 - 20 minutes because the exhaustion is that overwhelming. It doesn't take much to reach that. Eating one banana too fast by itself can do it for me. I'm a half a banana girl!

Desert for me is: one single bite after food. Or I'l have to lie down after. NOT very convenient most of the time. In other words, I can eat more desert, if I'm prepared to waste an hour recovering after - NOT GOOD! It feels horrible. The other day, I had 1/2 a cupcake and I think the frosting was too rich and sweet. I had a hot flash within 5 minutes, my face was on fire and I could feel my neck getting wet. Then, my temples started to drip. I had to leave the party because I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. SOOOOO uncomfortable and so not worth it.

Hey, lets share our favorite tummy happy, Protein filled meals. My favorite is taco salad with a lot of ground beef but only a little lettuce and Tomato using the low fat cheese, sour cream and a dollop of salsa. I actually have some cooked ground beef in baggies in the freezer but I cannot have Taco salad every day. Any other ideas? I am so bored of eating chick peas. It's my go to when I can't think of anything else to eat.

I should write a cookbook: A Thousand ways of eating Chick Peas, or The Chick Pea Life Sentence because it's beginning to feel like a prison. But it's high Protein and I can season it in so many ways, it comes in a can and it's always waiting for me in the pantry. Alright, I'll stop my war against the lovely chick pea and go get something done even at 5 AM.

Have a lovely day Gladiators!

@Beni---Awwww, thank you Beni!! It was hard waiting, for sure--but so worth waiting for!! :P

I should get some of your chickpea recipes, LOL! I forget about them!!

My go to for a quick Protein fix (snack) are these new (to me) little Sargento snack packs.(7g of protein) They have a little portion of cheese cubes and then nuts/dried fruit. Love them. They're 180 calories, but if I'm getting that hungry feeling about 3pm, they do the trick! (although I try and choose Greek yogurt, since it has a lot more Protein, but I do get sick of that)

As far as meals, I am SO with you on the taco salad! When I fix the family tacos, I make extra meat and then for several days I'll even have it for breakfast!

My other favorite meal is salad. I add grilled chicken breast, black Beans, a sprinkle of a nut mixture I made up, cheese, and I found a yummy dressing. (Lite Asian toasted sesame) It's only 45 calories per serving.

Sometimes I eat that for lunch and dinner, LOL.

@@amylynns

The Sargento cheese sounds great. I will get some. The salad dressing also sounds good. Which brand do you like? The last 3 salad dressings I bought I hated. Overtime I go grocery shopping it seems like I spend an hour looking a salad dressings and always get something horrible. I think I was going with choices with too low calorie.

The dressing I mentioned is by Kraft. I'm a die hard Hidden Valley Ranch girl but....way too many calories. Once in a while I treat myself to it. But not often!

That is the same reason I chose RNY too @amylynns. I know many people struggle with the mixed drinks because they are often mixed with super sugary juices. I have not tried any alcohol yet, I don't know when I will feel ready.

@PinkPolkadot619---One of the main reasons I chose the gastric bypass over the sleeve is because I KNOW sweets are my weak area. And I needed something to help control that. A close friend of mine had the sleeve and the only thing she can't physically eat is oatmeal. (of all things?!) She can eat any dessert. I didn't "Want" to be able to eat them easily.

Now....I "can" eat a small amount of sweets if I'm really having a craving. Like, one bite of a cupcake. Or 3 pieces of snack size candy. I cannot do ice cream, well--maybe one bite, but it's too much of a temptation to eat more. And then I regret it. I tried just a baby size ice cream cone, and got very sick.

So for me, getting sick keeps me in line, I like that I get sick when I eat something I find I can't tolerate. Then I KNOW it's not worth it to eat it. I don't eat the sweets often at all. But once in a while I just crave a small treat. :P

I was happy to find out I could drink a Mai Tai in Hawaii, but I can only drink maybe 1/2 glass of wine. Then I get nauseous. (must be able to tolerate the hard liquor in the mixed drink?) But, I do get tipsy VERY quickly!! LOL! But my metabolism is so fast, that I don't stay tipsy long either, LOL!

@PinkPolkadot619-My Dr. actually said try not to drink any alcohol at all. But once in a great while is alright, depending how I tolerate it.

I was told no alcohol for a year, but I don't think I will be ready theme either. If I don't have any I don't care, but one day I might want a small glass of wine again....maybe lol

I ran my first chip timed 5k this weekend, I didn't think I could actually run the whole time but I did!! 34:08 :-)

I had been struggling with how to transition from the mindset of weight loss to the fact I am at goal and don't need to loose more......fitness goals are helping, and my fun Fitbit

post-208911-14349900201256_thumb.jpg post-208911-14349900331716_thumb.jpg post-208911-14349900476173_thumb.jpg post-208911-14349900590565_thumb.jpg post-208911-14349900670066_thumb.jpg

@PinkPolkadot619---Wine at dinner is what I was missing. The first time I tried anything, it burned my stomach. So it was a long time before I tried again. Then at Olive Garden one night I tried their little sample they give of wine. The sample lasted me throughout dinner. It was a perfect amount. Didn't get sick at all. :)

Way to go on your 5K!! That is awesome!! You look great!!! :D :D :D

Hello Gorgeous Gladiators!

Everytime I read the posts, its so awesome to read such progressive, positive feedback. I've been losing weight at a snail rate, but it doesn't bother me anymore! I'm one lb, to being classified as overwoverweight! How freakin' exciting, since for 20 yrs plus ive been morbidly obese. Ive lost 119lb, and 43 lb to go to my goal weight at 160lbs.

I'd love to post a pic of my progress, but I can't figure out how to do it!!

Is there any Gladiator who would like to post how to do this task!

Be well Gorgeous Gladiators!

Oh, for crying out loud!!

I wore a different, NEW, skirt (long, maxi type skirt) today and it's falling down too!!

Geesh!!! One of my lady customers came in while I was pulling it up and she says, "I have that same skirt! It's falling down, isn't it?!" She said she had to buy a size smaller than she normally wears with these type of skirts.

Good to know! I of course tossed the tags and receipt...duh. Maybe I can have someone take it in a bit.

Congrats amylynns! How was Hawaii?

Yes I am still stuck. I'm sitting at the surgeons office now waiting to schedule an upper gi, because I've been having pain in my back when swallowing. Iron is low still too. Ugh. The nurse said I'm probably just at a plateau with the weight loss and if I increase my exercise it might pick up.

I'm back in the dating game, scary! I met someone online not long ago, and I met him last week. It was sooooo nerve-wracking! The last time I did that, I was almost 100 lbs heavier...so naturally I had those same insecure feelings. But it turned out well, I think anyways.

Hope you're all doing well! Missed you all!