Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Glorious Gladiators!

I haven't posted in awhile, but ive veen reading the posts to keep abreast of you fabulous and fearless lifestyle changers!

Just like most of us, I've been stuck in 'stall' mode. So far, I have lost 111lbs from presurg to post surg. I feel good, and I finally see the change. For months, all I could see was fat on my body.. even tho I was losing wt, I could only see fat. Now, I see a lovely transformation. I'm between 14-16. Its just nice to be able to shop in regular stores, and enjoy the vast selection of choices! Now, thats utterely exciting! I'm going to Miami next week, so to be able to wear shorts, sundress, and not to be embarrassed in a bathing suit is refreshing and a joy!

There have been countless winters where I promised myself I would lose wt so I can look better in the summer. Well, that manifested into many many disappointments and failures. Now, we can ALL say, we have succeeded for this summer!

Keep sharing, so we can all feel encouraged everyday when we log onto to read each others posts!

Have a marvelous week!

Fun, indeed! Let's remember tho catch a glimpse, on a full mirror, of our new shape and stop to smell the flowers. Perfection was not achieved without effort. This is our version of perfection. Yes, with all the battle scars included, we are still victorious GLADIATORS!

Hi Everyone... Glad to see everyone is moving forward. I'm back in Philly for a few days for doctor's appointments... Lab work is great. They even dropped my thyroid meds. On June 15, redoing a sleep study... I haven't used my CPAP in a month. Hopefully we can get rid of it.... Got to do as many doctors appointments as I can before my COBRA kicks in in August. When that happens, I'll probably switch to a cheap insurance which doesn't cover much.

Hi Everyone... Glad to see everyone is moving forward. I'm back in Philly for a few days for doctor's appointments... Lab work is great. They even dropped my thyroid meds. On June 15, redoing a sleep study... I haven't used my CPAP in a month. Hopefully we can get rid of it.... Got to do as many doctors appointments as I can before my COBRA kicks in in August. When that happens, I'll probably switch to a cheap insurance which doesn't cover much.

I haven't been using my CPAP every night and I sure would like to get rid of it but I don't want to go through the sleep study again! I have two insurance polices but the deductibles have both risen so much that I'm paying out the wazoo for that machine. Glad your blood work is good and they dropped your thyroid. I had blood drawn yesterday and go back next Friday for checkup. My weight loss has slowed way down so I'm trying to get stick again, I can eat most things just not a lot of it! We've had so much rain, I haven't walked outside in forever, I hate to use my treadmill....

My pulmonologist told me I didnt have to use my cpap anymore. I have quit snoring & am well rested. He said there is no need for it.

@@LisaCO So you didn't have to do another sleep study? Did you just make an appointment with your pulmonologist. I'm assuming your surgery was in October since you are in this group? How long were you on a CPAP. I got mine a few months before my surgery, had to prove I was using it.

I had 2 sons graduate. One from college & the other from high school. Of course I ordered them custom made cakes and they were both so good. The first graduation I gained 8 pounds which I think had something to do with the bloody marys (v8 juice). Then the next week 2nd graduation I had lost 5 of the 8 lbs I gained but loved the cake. I almost wished I would have gotten sick so I would of quit eating it. Finally got rid of the rest of the cake and am now going to get back on track. I am so dang close to the one hundred & something. Its so easy to go back into the bad habits. Scary...

I totally know what you mean, I've been struggling with my sweet tooth lately! :-(

@@LisaCO

Congrats on losing the Cpap. That's a huge one. World's most uncomfortable device. Hate it with a passion!

I am not using mine every night as the pressure really annoys me and wakes me up but it's already at the lowest setting possible. My doctor wants me to do another sleep study but I wanted to lose another 10 lbs before I did that. Didn't want to miss the "you don't need it anymore" by a hair like last time and have to redo it it a month later. Unfortunately, losing another 10 lbs is taking an eternity. I have not gained except for a pound but usually the next day I am back at the same weight. A bit of yo-yo with the same pound is going on with every pound I lose. Not sure why because I eat right. I suppose my body is fighting this losing anymore weight really hard. But after a 93 lbs loss, I should be grateful for what I have accomplished. We should all be as we are all doing great.

Good morning all. I went to Gulf shores over the weekend and had tons of pictures taken of me and didn't cringe when I saw them. That's a first.

I'm down two pounds I think due to increased exercise and tracking my food religiously. Energy level is still not where it should be but I'm okay until the evening. I'm ready for bed at 7.

Hope you are all doing well.

Thanks everyone! I had to put this picture up the day I dropped off my oxygen tank. It was such an awesome feeling! I used oxygen at night on occassion with my cpap. I was on cpap for 2 years. I had my surgery on October 1st. I saw my pulmonologist during my 6 month follow up appointment in Denver. I was also under the impression that I had to redo a sleep study. My Dr. said it is not necessary plus he knew I was planning to lose more weight. He said it would be a waste of time because then we would just have to repeat it. I was in the 110% on my breathing test. I think mostly was that my husband could tell a huge difference when I slept at night. Presurgery he used to hear me quit breathing then gasp for air. Losing 130 pounds has changed my life. I am so thankful!

post-216398-14329491343451_thumb.jpg

post-216398-14329491593507_thumb.jpg

I really think everyone should know this. I ran into a couple friends today who had the mini gastric bypass (mgp) in Henderson NV. First I ever heard of it. Any how one friend has done ok 5 years out & lost 85 pounds. The other friend is malnourished, a smoker, heavy drinker, non compliant with her Vitamins & Calcium. She now weighs 100 pounds & has a feeding tube. She was walking the other day & her leg broke above her knee from being calcium deficient. She is now going to have a reversal surgery. This is serious maintaining our health & taking our vitamins/calcium on a daily basis. Pretty sad when you see it with your own eyes.

Hey all! It looks like I have a ton of reading to do! I missed checking in but I spent the last few weeks virtually technology free traveling Germany and Paris. It was amazing to disconnect outside of talking with my kids. You don't realize how being busy affects your success until you actually relax. I'm happy everyone is moving forward. I'm pretty content with where I'm at. Started at 248 - currently 159. I'm sitting comfortably in a 10/12 but can fit into a 8! Amazing! I think I have some more to go but if I don't get there I'm happy still. I can't believe I was so heavy for so long. Hiking was amazing in the Alps and I actually could do it without dying! Best part is I got used to walking everywhere and completing 10-20 miles per day that it's nothing to complete my exercise goals back at home. Thought I'd post some progress photos too. Looking forward to catching up ❤post-227578-14330305852819_thumb.jpg post-227578-14330305996568_thumb.jpg

Edited by dc0520

@@LisaCO

Thank you for sharing your friends' stores with the mini bypass. Indeed, this surgery is serious stuff. We have to comply with our Vitamins and supplements or we will get in trouble. I think I have posted before, if I somehow forget to take my pills during the day, I end up having to catch up with two hour intervals at the end of the day. However, there where a few times there were not enough hours left in the day and I had to set an alarm for 2:00 AM to take the Calcium. It's super annoying to have to wake up in the middle of the night but I have to take my pills. I feel so sorry for the one who has to have a reversal surgery. It sounds like she has to. But at the same time some of her choices have not been the best. Let's be careful Gladiators. The margin of error is much smaller for us. We can't afford to deviate from the track too much. We had this amazing surgery to improve our lives, both physically and mentally, it would be such a waste/shame if we don't try to be the best we can be. I feel like I have a second chance and I am so grateful.

Wow--That is such a scary story!! I'm doing a lot better lately with my Vitamins.

Beni--Tell me again which Multi-Vitamin you're taking? The ones I started with, optisource, is a 4 times a day Vitamin and I was having a REALLY hard time getting those all in! I got desperate and have been using Flinstones chewables, along with Vit D, and my Calcium. I had picked the Flinstones because they have the zinc amount my Dr. was suggesting when I was losing hair. (Which I'm not anymore, thank goodness) My labs were all perfect, but I don't want to be doing something that's going to cause issues and I'm not realizing it....

I need to go update my ticker, but I am ONE POUND away from my main goal of 160! So crazy!! I would ideally like to get lower, but to be at 161 right now is just astonishing to me. I NEVER thought I'd actually get here....SO crazy thankful I've had this surgery. And I can now say the first 6 months of hell were worth it.

My hip is finally showing some better improvement. My physical therapist is doing a last ditch effort using this patch thingy that has meds on it, and is then hooked up to electrodes. It stays on and does its thing for about 10 mins. Seems to be doing more than anything else my physical therapist has tried for the last 3 months!

We leave for Hawaii on Wednesday!! I cannot wait!!!

6 days of sun and fun and lots of relaxation!! (Hopefully! Our boys have a lot of excursions they want to do, LOL)

My 21yr old daughter and I went shopping Friday night so I could get more clothes. I fought her all the way into the dressing room with crazy things she was having me try on, LOL! But of course I ended up buying most of what she had me try on!!