Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a coworker gave me a size 2 the other day (I am most comfortable in a 4) BUT THE 2 FIT!!! I am scared I am going to disappear!! I am not getting rid of my 6 or 8s yet. I know sometimes we go lower and then balance out.

@PinkPolkadot619---Holy Buckets girl!!! You're only about 1" shorter than me, I can't imagine wearing a size 4 even!! I'm tickled that my measurements said I wear a size 12 swimsuit, LOL! I still don't believe that's going to fit me, guess we'll see when it gets here.

@@Bronxmerci you look fab!!! and your tummy looks flawless! I tend to wear a medium rise jean so it gives me better shape and holds in my jiggle tummy hahahaha

@@amylynns I had no idea that I have a small build until now! I actually have petite bones, I always told people I was big boned 8-) I am shocked every time something new fits! My torso is longer and legs are pretty short so some clothes just don't work.

I have never been smaller than a 13 EVER! even I think middle school

@PinkPolkadot619--I've always considered myself big-boned also. I feel like I still am, LOL...

At my thinnest, as a high school senior, I was a size 7/8, and weighed about 125-130. People thought I was anorexic. I wasn't, LOL. I graduated in 1991, got married in 1992, had my first baby in 1993--weighing in at 200 pounds. WOW! And I've been heavy ever since.

So I suppose there's potential for me to be smaller, but I figure with having 4 babies, my hips are wide forever. :P

I have not had babies yet, so I know my body will forever be changing

@@PinkPolkadot619 :) Yes, having babies done make some changes. But there are those lucky ones out there that still look amazing after having them!

I just wasn't one of those lucky ones, LOL!

My hope is that having babies after getting my body healthy and strong I will have a better chance of staying that way during and after babies

Thanks ladies! I had a ten pound baby so my tummy isnt great but i havent really tried to work at it with the gym so who knows. Im just happy to not be this huge Amazon anymore, im tall so being tall and fat was so hard on me. Now i feel better and think i look younger. I went to my 7 month post op, they didnt see me for a while because i was going through a lot and wanted to forget them. Well they sent me for blood work and an upper gi, i get this done then go back for my 8 month follow up. My doctor wanted me at 199 so hes impressed but they stressed the fact that i barely eat, i only eat fruits and bites here and there.

They also wanted me to seek counseling because i am truly scared of gaining the weight back

@@Bronxmerci

are you getting your Protein from other sources like shakes or anything?

I would follow up with the counseling. I know my fear has bordered the mind set of my previous eating disorder days. The goal is health and that includes our mental health and emotional health.

@Bronxmerci--I'm wondering too how you get your Protein?

I am going to counseling for that exact reason! It's really helping a lot! So I definitely recommend it!

I needed to figure out how to love myself, as I am, for who I am--and not based on my weight. It is a super hard struggle, as you all know. But I just really try to focus on the things I can be positive about and when I'm feeling negative about something, purposely changing that thought to something positive. It's hard, really hard. But it is by far easier than 7 months ago!

I was really teying before even making snack wraps and then idk what happened towards march i stopped trying id just get fruits and Water and go on and i usto take my Vitamins and a month ago i also stopped. I started trying again after my appointment so im back with the shakes. I want to seek counseling but its hard to find one without a 3 month waiting list. Im going to keep trying to eat i also got discouraged because i would burp up my food before. Then i got obsessed with watching the scale go down and only focused on water. Another thing i noticed was that fresh food like fruits and salad went down great so i stuck to it

@Bronxmerci--Can you add meats to your salads? I typically add grilled chicken, tuna, black Beans, or turkey to mine. I used to have a problem eating salads, and I was SO sad because I LOVE them. I don't have any issues with them now.

But your body needs the Protein to build muscle and repair. If you don't eat meat, or don't like it--then for sure try and get some shakes in.

I've slacked on vitamins...I know, bad! BUT...all my levels are good, so I figure I'm alright. I was taking the Opti source bariatric Vitamin. It's a chewable horse pill, and it's FOUR times a day. ICK. I'm doing well with Flinstones now, LOL. And I do take my Vit D and Calcium still. Just not the big honking one, LOL.

Be very carful with not taking Vitamins, there is more and more research showing long term damage due to not taking Vitamins for us. I also did a lot of reading about taking Flintstones and or non bariatric vitamins and I decided the potential risks out weigh any convince. I take mine and shakes like my life depends on it. I also get my food in because I know that is important too. Balance and new normal is a constant adjustment. I want healthy habits to be formed now so I can be a good example to my future children.