Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just bought a new scale on groupon that measure your muscle, bone and fat percentages. That way instead of me looking at just the weight I can see the progress with my walking and exercise.

Edited by layknee

Whats the name of the scale? ?

I met the mile stone of 100 pounds lost 3 days ago. I am very happy about this. Plus I took a bath and realized my body dont touch the sides of the bathtub. The little things in life. :) I hope every one is continuing to rock there journey!

Whats the name of the scale? ?

weighmax post-234841-14244743642823_thumb.jpg

Finally broke my stall! I was 206.8 last night, I've been sick all night and all day today and now I'm 203.4...sooo close! Lol I hate being sick, but I think it's what I needed!

Had my 3 month check up and blood test. Here's "the skinny."

1. Most of us lose between 2 to 4 pounds a week in the first 3 months. I clocked in 4.65 per week. That's better then most. Well done I was told but don't push it. In other words I should eat a bit more. Was told that I could not skip my afternoon snack. Never in my entire life was I told I needed to eat more, lol.

2. My blood work came out fantastic. All the markers are great. But because I am a detail oriented person i did realize my red blood cell differential was slightly elevated:

RDW was 15.8 and the normal range is (12.3 to 15.4)

Of course that's a very small up from the normal range but I decided to investigate. I think this means there is a larger variance in the size of my red blood cells. When they are formed in the bone marrow they are smaller and they mature over their 120 day life span to a larger size. I am not sure how they take the actual sample nor does it matter because my MCV 82 is normal (79-87). Anemia is not suspected at this point. The most common reason for normal MCV and higher RDW is a recent hemorrhage. I did have surgery 3 months ago but I am not sure if that's too long ago to matter. Iron and folate are key in all this. At the 6 month check up I will investigate further if there is still an issue. Certainly I can't expect picture perfect at this point. I am a work in progress and I am getting there.

3. My Vitamin B12 was elevated as well 1279 (211-946 is the normal range). So, I will take one less drop of my sublingual B12 drops. Because I didn't want to take yet one more pill I got a liquid. But the only one I could find had a higher concentration so I calculated 3 drops per day was a little more then the required amount. Well, I am reducing it to 2 drops instead.

4. I was also told that I have to get my timer back out and eat my 3 meals a day over a 20 to 25 minute time. She said it doesn't matter if I eat 1/2 cup or 1 and 1/2 cups as long as I take my time. This is crucial because as hunger returns WLS patients are at a greater risk of snacking. This causes a situation of being hungry all day and snacking all day. This is how you put on weight later. If I eat slowly I will be able to eat more and get sick less and everything will be better overall. Okay, I will pay more attention to time. For me I think this will mean I have to engage in an activity while I eat or I will naturally go too fast because I want to move on.

5. 48 ounces of liquid per day is fine. So happy, because I have not been able to go much higher then that. Obviously, if I exercise a lot or if I am out in hot weather I will have to increase it. But for my current winter indoors life, I'm good.

Pretty good so far. So very grateful for my surgery, my successful journey and the abundant hope I have for the future. Things have not looked this good in my life in a long time.

Edited by Beni

@@Beni, awesome info on the blood work, my doctor does not do blood work until 6 months, anxiously waiting...

after And before picture

found this picture the other day, I actually think I was over 230 in the before picture here. Had to share it.

@@smiley922

Not even a year later and look at you, a total babe.

Lots of doctors don't do the blood test until 6 months. Just don't forget to take your Multivitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and Calcium. There are different combinations for these pills depending on the doctor but you do want to be as consistent as possible because if adjustments are needed then you have a good base to up or down a dose. It's much harder if you have a moving target. So many WLS patients forget of decide not to take their supplements. Then the doctor won't know how to adjust. It would be a yo-yo of trial and error.

I know it's obvious but I cannot tell you how many posts I have read of people who don't follow the supplement regimen.

An interesting development is in regards to shoes. All my shoes are enormous and I fall right out of them. In fact, I had a major wipe out a couple weeks ago because of that. I went from size 9 1/2 Wide to size 9 or even 8 and 1/2 in some styles. I cannot wear my old shoes or I am putting my life on the line, lol!

My ring size is also a whole size smaller. The 7 1/2 inch bracelets fit again, as well as, the necklaces that were too tight. I am revisiting all sorts of stuff I had at the back of the drawer. Fun!

This is freaking awesome. Why isn't everyone running to the hospital for weight loss surgery?

I saw this lady Friday huffing and puffing getting her groceries to the car and she was a very large lady. Bigger then I was. I so wanted to tell her, you can live a better life, really, it doesn't have to be this way.

I get my Vitamins in probably 95 percent of the time. I have a problem with the evening multi Vitamin, I always have been bad about the nighttime pills.

I take a chewable flintstones multi Vitamin morning and night

3 Calcium citrate chews from Bariatric Advantage w/ Vitamin D, 500 mg of Calcium in each chew. the Peanut Butter chocolate is yummy.

5000 mg of Biotin

2500 mcg of B12 per day

I decided if I was going to do this, I was going to do it to the best of my ability to follow doctors plan.

That's awesome Beni! I was told the same thing, don't push it.

Yesterday I went to the movies, and the theater I went to is one that I've avoided for a while, because the seats were just so small..or rather, my butt was just too big lol. It was always so uncomfortable, and I was too big to cross my legs too. We'll yesterday, I sat in the seat and I had plenty of room on both sides AND I sat comfortably with my legs crossed. It was awesome! My best friend was with me, and she also had surgery, a couple of yrs ago, and it was her first time back too lol. We were bouncing around in our chairs all giggly like little kids lol! It's all those little NSV's that matter most! Like the towel thing. I can finally use a regular bath towel, and not a bath SHEET lol. Loving it!

@@Beni I agree, you see people and you see yourself in them and you just want to tell them about WLS. I saw a very large woman walking around the mall yesterday, and she was very winded, she just looked so uncomfortable. A little while later I saw her again, sitting on a bench, she looked like she just left the gym. I thought to myself, that was me 6 months ago, and it made me so grateful for this second chance at life. It really is an amazing opportunity to change your entire life around. A year ago, I was so unhappy, so sad with myself, I couldn't look in the mirror, I wanted to cry. I couldn't walk without being in pain, I couldn't do anything without pain and being winded. I was so scared to take that next step and go to the WLS seminar, not just because I was scared for myself, but I was afraid of what everyone else would say or think if I did it. I didn't want people to criticize me because of it. Then one day I just stopped caring what they thought. I said I'm doing this, you all can say what you will, but you've never walked a day in my life, so you don't know. And I've not looked back, I have no regrets. So happy with my decision!

One thing that sucks though, is getting tipsy from nyquil lol! I took some last night and I was all woozy, couldn't stop laughing at myself. Oh the life lol.

@@Luna222

Your experience at the movies sounds wonderful. It is all about those simple pleasures everyone takes for granted but we know it is not for everyone. Even though WLS surgery is on the rise there are still so may patients that really need it and don't. Fear is such a devastating emotion. It causes paralysis. When I could have been living for the past 13 years I was feeling sorry for myself and getting ever more desperate in my Quest for weight loss. I wasted 13 years. If I was to give any advice to people thinking about this surgery, I would say.

1. If you have a BMI of 35 with illnesses related to weight or a BMI over 40. In other words, if you qualify for insurance coverage for this surgery

2. You have given losing weight a serious try and you have not been able to succeed

3. DO NOT WAIT ANOTHER SECOND. In fact, I would say get those 3 nutritionist appointments done even if all you are doing is thinking about it because you can go through the decision process as you do them. All you lose is the $20 copays. This would give you 2 months to decide.

Hi Everyone,

I love this group. Although I am a Nov Sleever, I often peak in to see how you are all doing... you have such a positive vibe and I love your stories! And, since you are a month ahead of me, it helps me see what my future will bring! Congrats to everyone!

I've started playing this very cool sport called "Pickleball"... google it! It is a combination of tennis, badminton and Ping-Pong. It's lots of fun. Besides actually PLAYING a sport again, I had a NSV yesterday. It didn't even hit me until I got home. While playing, one of my sneakers got untied. I bent over. Tied the laces. Then, continued to play pickleball. And, because I could tie them without sitting down and pulling my leg up, the bows were perfectly centered! It's those little things!

Hope you are all doing well!

im happy to see everyone moving along smoothly. I'm proud to say eating is becoming easier as is exercising for me. I'm having more digestion issues than I'd like but that's what gas x is for I suppose lol. It doesn't even compare to the ibs crap I dealt with before surgery. Thought I'd post a pic from month 2 compared to month 4 - I'm the weight I was when I met my husband 10 years ago so it's a celebration moment for sure. I'm thinking I have 40 more to get to goal. Disregard the no makeup and thinning hairstyle I'm sporting these days - one day that will align with how I feel. Happy losing everyone !!!post-227578-14247298064021_thumb.jpg post-227578-14247298199436_thumb.jpg