Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhh, so today was a bad day for my pouch! I started it fine had a shake in the morning, some pretzels for a snack...then I did something stupid. My mom had done Advocare around the time I was prepping for surgery. So I found a box of those little tiny bottles of energy shots. It said they were sugar free, natural supplements, lots of Vitamins in it. I didn't even think about the caffeine. So I was sitting in my car in the grocery store parking lot, decided to take a swig...not the whole thing, just a gulp. Tasted good, went down fine. So I'm preparing my coupons and all of a sudden I start sweating...them came the pouch pain, intestine twisting pain, nausea, heart racing, dry heaves, feeling like I was about to get diarrhea. I freaked, I got out of my car and just started walking laps around it lol, every 2 laps I'd stop and dry heave. People must have thought I was crazy, and when the cart guy asked if I was ok, I ALMOST responded with, yes I'm just dumping...lol glad I refrained cuz that word sounds so gross especially to an outsider lol. Finally got back in the car and put my head on my steering wheel and cried for a few min...then it started to subside. For 2 hrs after tho, I was seeing stars! So I was blah all day, I hadn't been able to eat anything. I got home finally and ate some pulled pork, and I think I ate way too fast, cuz I ended up throwing it up and was just nauseous for the last 2 hrs. Ayyyy!

@@Luna222

I know it's not so nice but I was laughing my head off when I read your post. I so could see you going through your horrible "dumping" and yes, I have been there with vomiting. Mine was at the HOA meeting. I arrive 5 minutes late because I had to loose my Cookies right in the parking lot. So glad it was dark but I felt like a drunk throwing up on the side of the road. Then, I get to the meeting and the only seat left is front row center. Blast! Then waves of nausea keep coming and burping which I cannot control. I then realize, if I don't find a bathroom pronto I will throw up right there. Run out of the meeting, run down the hall, can't find the bathroom, ask woman at front desk in urgent voice were is bathroom and of course she goes through the 2 lefts, next right, blah, blah blah. At that point I only need her to point and I'll run that way. Get to the bathroom just in time to make it but both of my hands are covering my mouth as I am already too far gone. Yeah, after 15 minutes in the bathroom, I realize I have to go back to the meeting because my coat and purse are still there. Needless to say everyone asked if I was okay, and I am like all cool with, "I think, I ate something that didn't agree with me." LOL. No freaking kidding, I rearranged all my insides a la Andy Warhol and this is my new life. It did get better but at that point, I thought life was going to be hell.

Yes, the life of a WLS patient sure is colorful. Have to take in stride and roll with the punches. No more energy shots for you Luna. No more baked salmon and/or green Beans for me.

@@Luna222

I know it's not so nice but I was laughing my head off when I read your post. I so could see you going through your horrible "dumping" and yes, I have been there with vomiting. Mine was at the HOA meeting. I arrive 5 minutes late because I had to loose my Cookies right in the parking lot. So glad it was dark but I felt like a drunk throwing up on the side of the road. Then, I get to the meeting and the only seat left is front row center. Blast! Then waves of nausea keep coming and burping which I cannot control. I then realize, if I don't find a bathroom pronto I will throw up right there. Run out of the meeting, run down the hall, can't find the bathroom, ask woman at front desk in urgent voice were is bathroom and of course she goes through the 2 lefts, next right, blah, blah blah. At that point I only need her to point and I'll run that way. Get to the bathroom just in time to make it but both of my hands are covering my mouth as I am already too far gone. Yeah, after 15 minutes in the bathroom, I realize I have to go back to the meeting because my coat and purse are still there. Needless to say everyone asked if I was okay, and I am like all cool with, "I think, I ate something that didn't agree with me." LOL. No freaking kidding, I rearranged all my insides a la Andy Warhol and this is my new life. It did get better but at that point, I thought life was going to be hell.

Yes, the life of a WLS patient sure is colorful. Have to take in stride and roll with the punches. No more energy shots for you Luna. No more baked salmon and/or green Beans for me.

Lol I love the Andy Warhol comparison! Omg, I would have died, I hate being front and center to begin with, let alone while I'm sick! Yea, we definitely have some crazy colorful moments now, that's for sure! I'm actually sort of happy in a way, that it happened...because I was starting to worry that I wasn't having any issues with anything. I haven't had too much nausea since month 2, unless I've eaten too fast or a little too much. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm sure we all feel it. You just want to be kept in check, like reminded that you DID just have your insides rearranged, no its NOT ok to eat this or that. I have been feeling so good lately that I forget sometimes. Except for my stall. That has thrown me back into old habits. Not so much eating, but lack of eating. I see the scale not moving and I automatically start to get depressed and guilty. Vicious cycle :(

For what it's worth, most folks who have RNY eventually have to "power through" the nausea from fatty or too sweet or too dry foods. They eat even smaller portions, and rely on Protein Shakes, etc. One other reason we progress through stages after surgery is so we can go back to one or more of those and know we'll still get some nourishment. Stay with it. Keep doing the program. Stay in touch with your surgeons group and us, and you'll succeed!

Yes and no, we should not be consuming foods that are too sweet or high in fat, so powering through is not a good idea, I know I'm sick of plain foods but I am not trying to power through so my pouch is like it used to be before surgery, we must learn to live without sugar and high fats. We don't want to and defeat the surgery and force our bodies back to where we started.

Luna, what a horrible experience! But, your experience has given me the insight to not try the energy shots.

Good thing you didnt tell the cart guy that you were dumping! That was funny! I do not miss vomiting or any of those side effects. I still eat too fast.. it's a behavior im still working on!

Beni.. great story! I totally envisioned myself in your story. Ive had thise experiences in restaurants, but no meeting/LOL. Keep doing you!

guys this is a before pic from may of last year, i was 20lbs heavier for surgery and i know i already shared my other pic but here it is again for comparison, i just cant believe it.

you look amazing. I've had a lot of stalls. What are you doing? I need to follow you twin. Lol

Well said!

I've been bad I've started keeping lollipops on me.

thanks, girl i think you're safer doing it your way. i don't eat and i said screw Protein too. i take a bite of my sons food and then i drink Water and juice mixed all day. im basically on a no nutrition liquid diet. yesterday for the first time in forever i made a concoction of oj with pulp and water with GENEPRO and it was ok, i just try to keep my fluids up. i had half a snack wrap for dinner one day and the other half for Breakfast, it didnt do anything to me so i guess il get another one tonight. i also had stew beef earlier today and i was nauseous so i know i wont do it again. amy, im almost 6ft lol

Thursday meal plan

B- premier Protein chocolate 6oz

S- none

L- spec k rice drips sea salt 14 spicy hummus 1/8 cup

S- 1oz lemon spicy peanuts

D- 2 small meatballs Italian armour not so good taste

S- smoothie carb master yogurt caramel spice cake unsweetened almond milk 4 oz 5 oz Premier Protein chocolate

15 week after RNY GBS

Omg I think we have all had funny dumping/ foaming stories lol!!!

Am crying so hard. I can't deal with this Hair loss. I'll be bald in a month if this keeps up. Aaaaaahhhh!!! My scalp literally hurts.

Edited by layknee

Yes and no, we should not be consuming foods that are too sweet or high in fat, so powering through is not a good idea, I know I'm sick of plain foods but I am not trying to power through so my pouch is like it used to be before surgery, we must learn to live without sugar and high fats. We don't want to and defeat the surgery and force our bodies back to where we started.

Hi. I think y'all know that I follow the Paleo way of eating. This means grass fed/finished beef, pasture raised chicken and eggs, pasture raised lamb and pork and only wild caught seafood. And veggies and a little fruit of course! I also eat a lot of fat. But the good fats. Coconut oil, avocado, butter from grass fed cows, etc. I honestly don't experience any dumping (except once when I ate too fast!) or any other issues that happen to us. There are a gazillion free paleo recipes on the Internet too. I haven't even tried anything with sugar or empty carbs at all. No bread, Pasta, rice, etc. I'm scared to!!! Fear is a great motivator! I am hoping to stay away from all the bad carbs. I HOPE this will last forever! But I'm also human so I have no idea where I'll end up on the eating journey. Just hoping I can continue the way I have been. If anyone wants more info, let me know. I love helping!

Happy Valentines :P

Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Sending you lots of love and "air chocolate kisses"

Happy Valentines :P

Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Sending you lots of love and "air chocolate kisses"

To you too Beni!!!!