Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. Big day for me. My scale this morning says

230 lbs

I started at 270 lbs that means I have lost a 1/3 of the weight I need to lose to get to my goal of 150. That's 40 lbs gone baby, bye.

This certainly helps my state of mind because I have been having a hard time with food. I eat what I'm supposed to and very very slowly but I have thrown up a few times. I am back to week 2 foods because I am too scarred to eat more solid stuff. Yogurt is my best friend and broth. Will talk to the NUT today.

230 lbs

I started at 270 lbs that means I have lost a 1/3 of the weight I need to lose to get to my goal of 150. That's 40 lbs gone baby, bye.

This certainly helps my state of mind because I have been having a hard time with food. I eat what I'm supposed to and very very slowly but I have thrown up a few times. I am back to week 2 foods because I am too scarred to eat more solid stuff. Yogurt is my best friend and broth. Will talk to the NUT today.

Congrats Beni on the Weight Loss! Fantastic GONE. Hope you can move to solid and diverse foods soon. Have you added regular exercise? What type. I need to add weights per my surgeon but haven't yet still enjoying long 3-4 mile walks most of all.

@Luna222--When I had my lapband back in 2008 I took liquid methotrexate for RA.

It was ok with my surgeon. But I think that's a pretty mild med, not sure if it would help you? What were you taking?

I also did the injections of Humira and one other one, I can't remember the name of. The first one I had a reaction at the injection site and couldn't take it anymore and I pretty much quit the Humira on my own---I didn't see any improvement and I gained 17 pounds in the 4 months I took it.

Wanna hear the real kicker??? I had to switch rheumatologists because of insurance changes---the new one I saw was at a University Hospital, head of rheumatology. He ran a butt load of tests and said I DIDN'T HAVE, NEVER HAD RA!! So I was medicated for 7 years for it, and never had it!?

My RA factor was negative (my first rheumy said that happens sometimes) and the MRI's that the University Dr. did on my hands didn't show bone erosion. My first Dr. did 2 MRI's over the 7 years and he said it was consistent with RA damage. So WTH??!!

I stayed away from processed foods...NO artificial sweetners, using essential oils, and I am 99% pain free.

I hope you get some answers on your liver today!

And I pray your insurance will ok you to see a different Dr!! That is just insane!!!

Poor broxmerci! I hope they find out what the bleeding is from- it sounds really terrifying.

2 months out and I've lost about 40lbs! Still struggling to get all my Water but doing really well with food and Protein. Still foaming occasionally if I don't chew enough but overall feeling pretty great.

Frustrated that 40lbs lost is only 1 size smaller! I feel like I should be smaller.

We are at the same stats. It's maddening that 40 lbs is only one size for us! I think it'll progress faster the lower we go though. Congrats on the loss!

230 lbs

Awesome job Beni!!!! Whoohoo!!! :D

Hope you get some answers from your NUT today!!

Not really, I have tried several times. I don't seem to get going on a groove. Some days I do exercise, some I do not. I purchased stretch bands and a full set of hand weights. I also have a treadmill at home. However, I had planned to join a gym by week 4 when I was cleared for exercise. Well, this last Tuesday was 5 weeks and I am not signed up yet. I am afraid I may not have enough energy to go to the gym. I think I just need to set a deadline and stick with it. I just made my mind up while writing this post. At 6 weeks I will join a Gym or commit to 5 days of exercise of some sort. This week I will do 15 minutes a day because I need to build up my endurance again.

I have been so busy with Christmas shopping and decor. I also run out of steam by mid afternoon and have to take a nap. I have 2 kids at home and one in College. Still doing the run around to lessons and sports.

@Beni-- I haven't done much for exercise either Beni. By the time I get home from work, there's always one of the kids that needs picked up or delivered somewhere and I'm exhausted. And it's pretty much an impossibility for me to get up any earlier to do something in the morning. I've always been an evening work out kinda gal, LOL.

Now that I have 2 good days under my belt with no nausea, I am definitely seeing an increase in energy, so my plan is to start back at the gym next week. I think my incisions are good to go swimming too. I can't wait to tone up a bit.

Doing that 15 minutes a day will really help. My NUT said the other day even little 10 minutes bursts of some activity a day is really beneficial.

I try and do extra loops around the office when I'm up and about. But I'm anxious to really work out, LOL! :P

@@amylynns that's crazy! I know you mentioned the methotrexate before and I meant to ask you if it was for RA. You know, I am actually wondering if I am in the same boat. When I was first diagnosed, my factor was borderline. I had started on celebrex, mobic, stuff like that. I was only 16, so my mom was very hesitant to let the dr give me plaquenil and the like. So I never took it. I got a little better around 19/20 yrs old and then I got into a very bad relationship and needless to say, I didn't ever go to the drs out of fear and shame. That ended, I got my ducks in a row and went to this current Dr. He says that it's not actually RA, but it is very close and he isn't quite sure yet what it is. So he treats it as RA. Which I don't like. I know it is some sort of inflammatory something, because my knee fills with Fluid so bad that I can't walk. I had it drained yesterday and omg, I ran down the stairs today lol. But, the fact that he's not really testing and researching worries me. It's like he's just trying all these meds like I'm some sort of test subject. I took myself off of plaquenil, and my primary applauded that. He's trying to get me back on it! Right now I am not on anything for my "RA", except for just starting back up on taking turmeric and ginger. I don't like taking prescription meds, I have a weak tummy as it is. I'm curious to know what oils you use for pain?? I am an esthetician, and I'm starting to read up on them. My mom and I just got as membership for do-terra, and I have to order something by the 15th to get my discount lol. I've been trying peppermint oil for the Constipation, omg it works!

I just left the dr from the liver ultrasound, hopefully I'll get results soon!

On another note...does anyone know if Fluid in your knees can cause you to weigh more??? I gained last week, and that's when my knee started filling more. I was 228 yesterday before he drained me. This morning I was 225....so happy to see that number go down finally!

@@Beni, congrats on the loss. Keep it up.

I joined a gym this week, rode 4 mile the first day, then second day only 2 miles and got trained on the weight machines. Yesterday full work out, 4 miles and a full set on the weight machines.

Trying to decide if I should go today or weight until tomorrow... we shall decide later, nap right now as I left for work at 4 am. Sleepy girl.

Keep up the good work, and those that are struggling, it will get better, hang in there.

@Luna222--Plaquenil is another one I was on, I'd forgotten that. After Prednisone, Mobic, etc...

Yeah, I wonder if yours is something else?? I never had much swelling honestly...mine was 95% in my hands. They literally hurt every single day, even when I was on the meds. That's what I kept telling the first Dr. So he just kept trying new meds.

But there were times if I didn't get enough sleep or if I was sick, or if I'd eaten a lot of junk food (chocolate is a for sure pain trigger) ...it was literally pain in every single joint in my body, right down to my toe joints.

The Dr. at the University tested me for everything under the sun! Sent me to the endocrinology department too, and they did even more tests! I do have something auto-immune going on in my body. I have Graves Disease, which effects the thyroid (also causes joint pain) But I was able to slowly go off meds for that back in 2010 I believe. But I know food really plays a part in it all for me. The "cleaner" I eat, the better my body feels, which kind of makes sense for everyone I suppose! :-) I can't even remember all they tested me for, but I know one was celiac disease and lupus. All they could detect is the Graves Stuff.

I use Young Living Brand oils because you can ingest them. I'd use them topically also, but a lot of times I'd just make a little vegetable capsule with a concoction of oils and wow...what a difference! I have not ingested them since my surgery though. I'm sure it's still safe to, but I don't want anything making my picky little pouch angry. LOL! My main ones I use daily are, Valor, Panaway, Deep Relief, copaiba, and peppermint. I layer them, using coconut oil as a carrier oil. (just helps it go further) But for my hands I just rub it right in and I'm good!

Frankincense and Lavender are amazing for the skin! I wish I was near you, I'd come to you for skin care, LOL!

( I probably have at least 75 bottles of oil on my dresser at home, LOL--We're oil freaks at our house. :P )

This is my diffuser necklace. There's a little leather disc in it that you put oil on and then you can smell it all day. :-) today I have Peace & Calming oil in it. Shoot, I guess it's sideways. :-)

post-45670-14177103722763_thumb.jpg

230 lbs

@@Beni that's awesome about the weight loss! Good for you! I think I'm still stuck at 30 lbs. This is usually where I get hung up but I didn't think it would happen with the surgery! Good luck with the NUT!

Beni, congratulations!! What a big victory! Find the time to Celebrate and acknowledge this eenormous goal! Im so proud of you!! Do you feel the difference?

Hey dc0520! Im about 2 months post surg and have lost about 40lbs as well. Total loss of 67lbs. I just need to incorporate more exercise to expedite more wt loss. How are you doing with the exercise component?

Beni, i totally get it! Personally, inwas never a big fan of exercise, obviously! But, after im done..I love the feeling! But, what I have done is made a Vision Board to help me achieve my goals. Its nice to look at it everyday so I can live in my moment for my truth. I have lived for years in my fat world which I did not allow me to be my best, so losing this weight is helping me peel away the.layers of my issues. I hope this makes sense to you.. its a bit deep, but its where I am emotionally. I have to say joining this support group has been an enormous helpto me.. its wonderful to chat with people who understand. Family and friends are wonderfully supportive, but really dont get the full understanding as to what bariatric patients go thru! So to ALL you, thank you for your support and wisdom!