Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my Thanksgiving Day was great. Even if I did throw up for the first time since surgery October 21. ....of course I did it myself. One bite too much and an al dente' green bean. But I felt better immediately. After nearly three years of throwing up after my lap band from 2009 -2013, this was great.

I am smarter this time and I am slowly but surely losing weight. I like reading the stories of everyone's journey. Wish we all had learned these lessons without surgery but I am thankful that we have this opportunity to heal! Lose and find our new path.

Good wishes to all!

I haven't been on here in a few days. I've gotten really behind on posts,but @@Bronxmerci, I'm so glad you're doing better!! Your pics look amazing!! I know it's been such a struggle for you since the beginning though. I'll pray for smooth sailing from here on out for you!!

I've lost a total of 40 now. But I would trade some of those pounds to be feeling better. I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and I can still only eat soft/ pureed food. Otherwise I'm sick. And 1/4 cup or less per meal, or I'm sick. My surgeon wants to do one more test tomorrow. The Upper GI with small bowel follow through. they said it'll take about 4 hours. I'm really anxious about drinking the barium since I've only had one decent bowel movement in a week. I really feel the test will come back normal. I think my pouch is just snarky!

I'm really, really tired of eating what I'm eating though!!

I need to catch up on posts!

I am 7 weeks out and have not tried any meat other than fish, and I just now started trying a few steamed veggies. Is any one else still at this phase 7 weeks out?

30 lbs down today! Thought it was never going to happen.

Hey Pink! Im about 7 weeks out. My comfort zone are soft foods. Beef/steak is nit a fun experience. However ground beef, turkey goes down well in small bites. My stomach did not like the steamed veggies today. So, just go slow and your body will let you know.

Best,

Joan

I just went to the bathroom and had bright red blood in my number 2 and there was more blood than anything in the toilet, I don't want to go back :( idk what to do. What do you guys think? I'm so scared and sad. It was so scary like a period and I even checked to see if I had my period and nope it came from the rear, there was a lot of blood on the toilet paper too. Is bright red blood a cause for concern? I really don't want to go back :'(. I called my doctors hotline to see if they will tell me its okay.

Go to hospital now better to be safe than sorry. Please go, I would. Let me know you are okay!

I just went to the bathroom and had bright red blood in my number 2 and there was more blood than anything in the toilet, I don't want to go back :( idk what to do. What do you guys think? I'm so scared and sad. It was so scary like a period and I even checked to see if I had my period and nope it came from the rear, there was a lot of blood on the toilet paper too. Is bright red blood a cause for concern? I really don't want to go back :'(. I called my doctors hotline to see if they will tell me its okay.

@@Bronxmerci Go to Hospital. You need some tests to determine source of blood and measure output. Don't wait for your call back. Take their number with you.

@@Bronxmerci, go to the ER now, please. This could be serious.

I'm so sick of feeling sick :( it's like my tummy doesn't agree with anything substantial. I had some homemade turkey Soup the other day and I was so nauseous. I had a boneless pork chop and got nauseous. Today I had some chicken sausage with peppers and onions and I'm still feeling sick and nauseous 6 hrs later. Of course I was perfectly fine when I had a few m&ms, I was fine when I tried a snickerdoodle the other day. My mother in law made beef stew which was surprisingly fine in my belly, even the beef. The only thing my belly really wants tho is popsicles and grapes. On top of all that, I had my flu shot today and had 14 vials of blood drawn so my arm is killing me. I have severe pain in my knees from my RA. It just sux :(

@@Bronxmerci Please go to the ER! I hope you are ok!

Luna, I feel your pain! Thru this adjustment time our bellies are still healing. Theres inflamed tissue at the pouch that is angry. So for awhile its just going to challenging. Sugarfree Ice pops are my new best friend too!

Keep your eyes on the prize.. feeling good and looking good.

Poor broxmerci! I hope they find out what the bleeding is from- it sounds really terrifying.

2 months out and I've lost about 40lbs! Still struggling to get all my Water but doing really well with food and Protein. Still foaming occasionally if I don't chew enough but overall feeling pretty great.

Frustrated that 40lbs lost is only 1 size smaller! I feel like I should be smaller.