Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weighed myself Thanksgiving morning and walked 2 miles before dinner. I made all the deserts a Rum Cake & 3 pies & yes I had a taste as I always do while I was making it. So I understand what @@amylynns is taking about " food" is the center of most family events. I'm a comfort food eater brings back so many memories of my Mother cooking deserts we would have homemade rolls & 10 deserts at the Holidays. Every success was celebrated with food.

So at dinner at a cousins I knew per my surgeon to get the. Dark meat on the Turkey as a former lover of white it was hard to bypass but I did. Then I added stuffing, greens, (mashed potatoes still unable to eat) & stayed away from the Mac & cheese & rolls. It all added up to about cup of food & I waited to drink 30 mins after I was not going to get sick. Funny how all. The conversations stop & the room goes quiet when everyone is eating Thanksgiving dinner.

And yes later I had a taste of desert a silver of cake & pie but I left some on the plate couldn't finish it my pouch was full.

I felt like I wasn't relaxed until after everyone had eaten and we all sat back & talked about our usual whose doing what.

I didn't like that feeling at all BUT I also was amazed to sit across a distant cousin who had heaped food over every inch of her plate and had a fit waiting for our hostess to give the Ok that I could cut a piece of my famous cake for her. They just wanted to clear the table & she age 75 didn't want to wait. Now mind you she's diabetic walks with a cane & yes overweight.

All the things I did this surgery to avoid. Her son kept reminding her to watch her portions but she couldn't resist. Her decision right. Oh how I remember leaving the holiday table feeling so full I wanted to or did unbutton my pants. Or ate smaller portions at dinner but take plenty of leftovers & ate again when I got home.

I used to make 2 cakes for the dinner & one for the house. Not this year. I took no leftovers home & my husband took 2 slices of cake home & a plate for him and called it a day.

Today when I weighed I had gone up 8 ounces. I call that a win! So in a week I've lost another 3.5 lbs the week for a total of 22 lbs since my surgery in Oct and 42 LBS from my highest in August. The loss is slow & steady plus I'm learning to appreciate my body. I love walking again & I'am up to 3 miles most days even in cold temps of 28 degrees although I'll probably join the seniors I. Mall walking soon????

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday weekend I've got much to be thankful for better health No more CPAC and my blood pressure reading was back to My Normal at my 1 month Followup last week 120/80. Yeah!

That is so true. While I had about 1/2C of food on my plate my sister had 2 plates and a bowl (greens were in the bowl). She is overweight for her height but she is no where near I was and am now. I'm slowly getting down there but now with my smaller stomach I just can't look at the portions the same.

Edited by AuriP

So I think Thanksgiving was a success...I started the day with a headache and then I got super nauseous, but I went to my room, took a zofran and laid down..I was bummed cuz I really didn't think I'd be able to eat dinner. But luckily I was, I had some turkey, a tiny bit of stuffing to satisfy my craving lol, some of my low fat yummy veggie casserole, and some mashed potatoes but not too much. I didn't finish my little plate, I got full and stopped myself. No rolls even tho I wanted it so bad. Then I tried a chocolate covered strawberry and my pouch was fine, so I had a couple more a little while later. And for some reason, I was craving olives all day lol. Weird. I did get a little ahead of myself later on, I wasn't really thinking and I had some tostitos with velveeta and 2% milk, it's something my mom has always made that my family loves, and it was just out of habit that I ate a few...my tummy hurt soon after, like I had to use the bathroom kind of tummy ache. Live and learn tho right!?

food can still be the center, but it'll start not bothering you. I think I started focusing on food more since prepping for the surgery. I start watching more food network shows. Learning recipes. Buying organic , free range , and high end foods. More open to trying things because I know I can't eat much. It's almost like the show "the taste" where all the flavor has to fit on a single spoon. Some things that I used to love, taste awful to me. I think because before I would just wolf it down. I seem to taste things more clearly and it has fine tuned my pallet to where junk food has no place.

The real question is:

Does purée have to be bland?

LOL

Layknee is right about everything here in her comment. And even though this is a sleevers thread, this is true from my experience as one who had an RNY last year. (My wife just had sleeve surgery last Tuesday, 11/25/14. So I'm pointing her to this and the other sleavers threads.) Life gets better. It REALLY does. ;-)

I have to say, it was definitely strange having such a small plate in front of me with such tiny portions. My aunt asked me later if I was still hungry, I said no...she was like omg I couldn't ever do it. People really don't GET that we have a little pouch and we CAN'T eat alot. It was also weird not wanting every dessert on the table lol. Red velvet cake?? 2 months ago I'd be all over that! But honestly all I wanted was the chocolate covered strawberries. I'm liking it!

Layknee is right about everything here in her comment. And even though this is a sleevers thread, this is true from my experience as one who had an RNY last year. (My wife just had sleeve surgery last Tuesday, 11/25/14. So I'm pointing her to this and the other sleavers threads.) Life gets better. It REALLY does. ;-)

this is actually a RNY thread. Lol we had a another thread for pre op then we all moved over here for post op. But sleevers are welcome. Lol

Had surgery on Oct 29th... Found this forum late... But glad I did ????????

I've gained 5 lbs since last weekend! Dr told me at my follow up that it's normal to stall and normal to gain a pound or two...she said I wasn't eating enough. So now I'm on solids and I up what I'm eating, and I gain another THREE lbs since Wednesday? I'm soooo confused and sooo depressed now :( idk what else to do

October 28th :(

Thanksgiving. Lived through it!

Made a feast for my family and was not a bit taken aback with all the cooking. My own meal was baked salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing. I must add that the entire thing was 1/2 cup of food total and I didn't finish it. So we are talking a tablespoon each of the sides. Tiny, tiny meal. I ate very slow and did all that I should. About 10 minutes after my meal I started to feel unwell and for about an hour I couldn't stop burping and spiting. After the full hour, the nausea got the better of me and I threw up. This was my first nausea episode (1 month post surgery). What came up was a tiny amount but I felt better instantly. Now I know an extra teaspoon can take me over the edge. It was horrible. I am back to mashed food and only 1/4 cup. I cannot handle that again. I am thinking maybe the fish way too dry or I ate a tiny bit too much. But then I'm thinking maybe my pouch is too small. How come I can only handle a 1/4 cup of food at a time? Is that what everyone is eating?

Edited by Beni

Made a feast for my family and was not a bit taken aback with all the cooking. My own meal was baked salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing. I must add that the entire thing was 1/2 cup of food total and I didn't finish it. So we are talking a tablespoon each of the sides. Tiny, tiny meal. I ate very slow and did all that I should. About 10 minutes after my meal I started to feel unwell and for about an hour I couldn't stop burping and spiting. After the full hour, the nausea got the better of me and I threw up. This was my first nausea episode (1 month post surgery). What came up was a tiny amount but I felt better instantly. Now I know an extra teaspoon can take me over the edge. It was horrible. I am back to mashed food and only 1/4 cup. I cannot handle that again. I am thinking maybe the fish way too dry or I ate a tiny bit too much. But then I'm thinking maybe my pouch is too small. How come I can only handle a 1/4 cup of food at a time? Is that what everyone is eating?

I'm further out than you, my date was Oct. 8th. I'm eating a half cup. Keep in mind I can't always finish it but that's the goal.

Congratulations on surviving Thanksgiving.

I measure my waist (bend to the side to find your natural waist), my belly button area, my hips (typically 8" below waist), each thigh, each bicep area, my bust and my neck.

Edited by brown eyed gal

I'm up to about 2.7 oz. I need to get to 3. Should be at 4 by Christmas. That's what my nutritionist wants me to do. I go very slowly when increasing amounts. Our pouches do stretch but I was advised to increase slowly. Sometimes I look at my 2.7 oz. and wonder how the heck am I going to eat "all that food"! What a mind blower that is!

Hey my loves! I just got discharged woo hoo! My blood count is 7 now, they want it at 12 but geez let me tell you I can feel the difference. In total I received 5 units of blood which made a world of a difference. I'm no longer out of breath and I feel a burst of energy! Let me not gynx myself lol. Thank you for your well wishes and prayers! It sure worked. Now I can maybe redeem myself at school with all these doctors notes, I've been doing so bad because I couldn't even get up from bed. I missed thanksgiving but I did get a bite of turkey and pernil in :)! I just signed my son and I up for mommy and me swimming classes in hopes that I will feel this good for the next coming weeks. I hope you ladies and gents are doing good! I love you :-*