Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes exactly @@amylynns! My best friend even had it done and even she didn't mention the struggle lol. I mean she said sometimes you'll have bad days etc, but man! I think I'm just staying away from eggs for a little bit too. Since I haven't been having the Protein Powder, I haven't had any pains all week, which is great. I ended up getting a baked potato from Wendy's last night, and a side of cheese sauce, and that sat very well with me. It's all I wanted. My bf's sis made tacos for dinner and I tried to have a little of the meat, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it. I'm so over puree :( I have another appt next week, 2 days before thanksgiving, and I hoping they tell me I can eat some turkey and stuffing! The nutritionist in the hospital said I probably will be able to by then, but to make sure I eat my meat first because the stuffing will make me full. We'll see! I do have a few other concerns too, my calves have been cramping up all week...if I'm sitting and I stand up it almost feels like I'm about to get a Charlie horse but not quite there. And my calves were very hard muscle before surgery, now they are smooshy :-/ and my knee is killing me again. It's been awesome since I came home...now I can hardly walk on it. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I've been off my meds since I can't have nsaids. My surgeon says I can have methotrexate...my primary says no I can't, and my rheumatologist doesn't know either way. Idk what to do :-/ move to Florida away from icy NY? Lol

So I'm down another couple of pounds, I'm now 220. Come on, 1 more pound and I can be out of the 220's forever! Since I'm now 220, I've dropped 30 lbs! I'm so hoping I can be out of the 200's by New years eve, or even the End of Janurary. I figured we have a little over 10 weeks until New Years Day, if I can lose 2 lbs a week for the next 10 weeks I'll be out of the 200's by then.Here's to hoping.

Edited by AuriP

Yes exactly @@amylynns! My best friend even had it done and even she didn't mention the struggle lol. I mean she said sometimes you'll have bad days etc, but man! I think I'm just staying away from eggs for a little bit too. Since I haven't been having the Protein powder, I haven't had any pains all week, which is great. I ended up getting a baked potato from Wendy's last night, and a side of cheese sauce, and that sat very well with me. It's all I wanted. My bf's sis made tacos for dinner and I tried to have a little of the meat, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it. I'm so over puree :( I have another appt next week, 2 days before thanksgiving, and I hoping they tell me I can eat some turkey and stuffing! The nutritionist in the hospital said I probably will be able to by then, but to make sure I eat my meat first because the stuffing will make me full. We'll see! I do have a few other concerns too, my calves have been cramping up all week...if I'm sitting and I stand up it almost feels like I'm about to get a Charlie horse but not quite there. And my calves were very hard muscle before surgery, now they are smooshy :-/ and my knee is killing me again. It's been awesome since I came home...now I can hardly walk on it. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I've been off my meds since I can't have nsaids. My surgeon says I can have methotrexate...my primary says no I can't, and my rheumatologist doesn't know either way. Idk what to do :-/ move to Florida away from icy NY? Lol

I just wish I knew what was causing it so I could stop whatever it is! I called the Dr. Office today and my favorite nurse ever said if 1/2 thing of yogurt made you sick, try 1/4 of it next time. lunch was veggie Soup, 4 bites down is all I got. Dinner was Tomato bisque soup. Super yummy. Ate 1/4 of a cup. Nausea. Had a popsicle. That did well. Maybe I'll just live on popsicles!

I will puree Turkey and stuffing if I need to! I can't wait for it!!

Your cramping calves...is that a sign of not enough Water? I know I'm having a heck of a time getting mine all in.

When I had my lap band I was able to take liquid methotrexate. I had to use a syringe to get it out of the bottle then just squirt it in a little water and drink it.

So I'm down another couple of pounds, I'm now 220. Come on, 1 more pound and I can be out of the 220's forever! Since I'm now 220, I've dropped 30 lbs! I'm so hoping I can be out of the 200's by New years eve, or even the End of Janurary. I figured we have a little over 10 weeks until New Years Day, if I can lose 2 lbs a week for the next 10 weeks I'll be out of the 200's by then.Here's to hoping.

Way to go AuriP. I am right behind ya by 2 pounds. That's a good way to think about it. New Year's would be so Happy under 200. Have not seen that in over 20 years!!!!

i wasn't paying much attention to my weight lately, but today i noticed i've been on a stall for almost 2 weeks. dang this does suck lol. i've been looking at post of people who stalled way before and they ended up losing a lot later on so i guess i'm not too upset. i can't wait until it passes because I can see myself getting depressed if i'm doing everything right and still not losing. anyways today i had baked chicken (not pureed) im not cleared for it yet and i can see why, i chewed it very well and i had that foaming effect you guys were talking about and i gagged and gagged and only a little came up then i had to sleep off my nausea. i am going right back to puree and cheese lol. also anybody have bad gas? like burning hot when it passes? it doesn't hurt but it smells so bad like i need to be alone in the house because no one can tolerate the smell. this cant be normal, my farts were always smelly but god this is bad, i cant even stand the smell, it smells like a new persons fart and not my own that i was so usto.

Yes exactly @@amylynns! My best friend even had it done and even she didn't mention the struggle lol. I mean she said sometimes you'll have bad days etc, but man! I think I'm just staying away from eggs for a little bit too. Since I haven't been having the Protein powder, I haven't had any pains all week, which is great. I ended up getting a baked potato from Wendy's last night, and a side of cheese sauce, and that sat very well with me. It's all I wanted. My bf's sis made tacos for dinner and I tried to have a little of the meat, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it. I'm so over puree :( I have another appt next week, 2 days before thanksgiving, and I hoping they tell me I can eat some turkey and stuffing! The nutritionist in the hospital said I probably will be able to by then, but to make sure I eat my meat first because the stuffing will make me full. We'll see! I do have a few other concerns too, my calves have been cramping up all week...if I'm sitting and I stand up it almost feels like I'm about to get a Charlie horse but not quite there. And my calves were very hard muscle before surgery, now they are smooshy :-/ and my knee is killing me again. It's been awesome since I came home...now I can hardly walk on it. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I've been off my meds since I can't have nsaids. My surgeon says I can have methotrexate...my primary says no I can't, and my rheumatologist doesn't know either way. Idk what to do :-/ move to Florida away from icy NY? Lol

@Luna222. The legs cramps likely mean your dehydrated. Drink drink drink Water, crystal light, green tea what ever you can get down. You don't want to end up in the ER.

i am completely baffled by this weight stall. I am only 3 weeks past surgery and 11 days with no weight loss. I calculated this morning what I am eating and it's about 300-350 cals per day and 20 gr of Protein. How can you not lose weight with this kind of diet. SO STRANGE!

i wasn't paying much attention to my weight lately, but today i noticed i've been on a stall for almost 2 weeks. dang this does suck lol. i've been looking at post of people who stalled way before and they ended up losing a lot later on so i guess i'm not too upset. i can't wait until it passes because I can see myself getting depressed if i'm doing everything right and still not losing. anyways today i had baked chicken (not pureed) im not cleared for it yet and i can see why, i chewed it very well and i had that foaming effect you guys were talking about and i gagged and gagged and only a little came up then i had to sleep off my nausea. i am going right back to puree and cheese lol. also anybody have bad gas? like burning hot when it passes? it doesn't hurt but it smells so bad like i need to be alone in the house because no one can tolerate the smell. this cant be normal, my farts were always smelly but god this is bad, i cant even stand the smell, it smells like a new persons fart and not my own that i was so usto.

Stick to those pureed friend!! You don't want to hurt your pouch. :-) I had that foaming thing all day yesterday! So weird and SO uncomfortable! And I barely ate anything all day! I'm trying to get down an scrambled egg right now. I'm taking itty bitty little bites and chewing chewing chewing, and yet my tummy is already getting upset after 3 bites. So frustrating!

I do not have bad gas. I was warned by a couple people who'd had the surgery that I probably would have BAD smelling gas. But so far, I'm clear! ;-)

@@laceykp

What date was your surgery? Mine was oct 28th.

i am completely baffled by this weight stall. I am only 3 weeks past surgery and 11 days with no weight loss. I calculated this morning what I am eating and it's about 300-350 cals per day and 20 gr of Protein. How can you not lose weight with this kind of diet. SO STRANGE!

My surgeon says to get 60g of protein. (although it's REALLY hard at this stage) But they said the more protein, the more you lose.

And maybe a call to your Dr.'s office/ nutritionist might be the next step. Maybe they can give some suggestions. 3 weeks seems like a long time with no loss!

Whoohoo Auri!!!

@@amylynns I have a suggestion regarding your egg. This is what the RN told me (not the NUT) and it worked.

I take 1 egg and mix it very well with about 1/8 cup of Lactaid, salt and pepper. I have a small nonstick pan with just enough oil to take a paper towel and rub it to coat the pan. On low heat, I stir my egg almost constantly as it cooks with a wooden spoon or small silicone spatula. I don't let it overcook. I place it on my plate and mush it some more with a fork and create ridges where the entire egg is divided into 25 tiny piles of egg. Each pile is the size of a human nail.

I set my timer for 30 minutes. I place each one of those piles in my mouth when a minute is up. I wait for a 28 for the next bite, 27 for the next, and so forth. It helps that my timer has seconds so I know to chew almost 30 to 45 seconds before swallowing. This way I cannot eat too fast. I am not allowing myself to place a bite in my mouth before the minute is up. If at anytime I feel any fullness i try to burp or wait a couple minutes before trying the next bite. I do the 30 minutes because I have a couple two minute breaks built in should I need them but I am usually done in 25 minutes. Sometimes I cannot finish the last 3 or 4 bites. Then I set my timer again for 30 minutes and that's the signal to start drinking again.

Hope it helps.

The extra moisture in the egg and the very disciplined bite size and timing are key. I had some issue with egg before but not anymore after trying it this way

@Beni--Thanks!! I'll have to get some of that lactaid. I don't mix milk with mine now. And it is actually a little over cooked. Maybe that's the problem.

Oh--and I'm sure I had too much coconut oil in the pan.

And I put a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheese. (probably about 1tsp)

Now I'll be sick to my stomach for the next 3 hours. And all I took were 4 little bites. Probably the size of my thumb nail.