Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change?

Nope. :D

It only works if you keep marking it "read"

The moment someone comes along and posts.. its "fresh" again

True. But it is a possible solution. And it is better than making everyone who is happy with the way things are go out of their way to read a few threads.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this thread is in the Rants and Raves forum?

lol. nope. but the poll was moved to The Lounge, wasn't it?

lol. nope. but the poll was moved to The Lounge, wasn't it?
I wish they were combined. I can't remember where I've posted certain posts. I'm getting internet whiplash.

Anyone else unable to see the New Posts? I click on it and it just tells me this page cannot be displayed.

I asked this same question a few months ago Neal.... never really go an answer.

I agree that this board has become more about ranting and raving than it has been a lap-band support board.

Hey drew, I would disagree on this. There are 17 sections on this board related to lap band topics and support including the local area support sections. There are 2 off topic sections.

Susannah

<p>I can't even find the New Posts to click on it! Where is it?</p>

Never mind, I swear to my higher power that I have not seen it for over a week and a half. After I posted the above comment and clicked home. WAA LAA! there it was! Jeesh!

Anyone else unable to see the New Posts? I click on it and it just tells me this page cannot be displayed.

Yep, I am suffering from some kind of weirdness. I cannot access any posts from my email anymore. I click, wait and then I am told that this page cannot be displayed. Because of some kind of error or whatever.............?;)

While I am slightly back to this forum, I have to say that my visitations lately have brought me to the conclusion that I fall on both sides of the fence here. While i agree that the RnR and lounge area should not be a part of the top 5, which it is very easy to make that change in the software, I also agree that this is a privately owned site. It is soley up to the decision of Alex as to whether or not this happens. Seeing as how the advertisements will be plentiful soon I am betting that the RnR section gets removed from the top 5, or removed all together, because no advertiser in their right mind would want to advertise on a board that has such loose reins on a section that has nothing to do with the main topic, and is so political in state. I agree that the RnR section might be a good solution to the problem that came up with the big feud, but the it certainly is not something a band doctor would want to affiliate themselves with. As a business owner I know I would not personally give money to a site that allows boy-love and other abrasive threads that have nothing to do with the topic that I am advertising for.

Just my .02 cents.

Personally, I think the need to shove threads in people's faces with the line "Take it or leave it" is one sided. The suggestion that was brought up seems like a good comprimise. It does not censor anyone, but it leaves those who do not want to see the posts or their thread titles in peace. The software is setup for just this capability, as well as the ability to keep google and other search engines from spidering those threads. its a fairly simple change. On the other board that I belong to we even put the pray requests into a forum of its own, and removed it from the top 5, as well as the search engine spidering, so that people do not get offended. its all about making the forum comfortable for everyone. you can still post whatever you want, to a certain extent (PG-13 rating and all) but it does not fly in the face of people who do not wish to feel that they are having it shoved in their faces. I remember when the "prayer requests" were challenged on here. The same "group" of people were offended just by having the word "prayer" in the thread titles. Its funny how people groups will turn the tables to conform to their own agendas. ;)

While I am slightly back to this forum, I have to say that my visitations lately have brought me to the conclusion that I fall on both sides of the fence here. While i agree that the RnR and lounge area should not be a part of the top 5, which it is very easy to make that change in the software, I also agree that this is a privately owned site. It is soley up to the decision of Alex as to whether or not this happens. Seeing as how the advertisements will be plentiful soon I am betting that the RnR section gets removed from the top 5, or removed all together, because no advertiser in their right mind would want to advertise on a board that has such loose reins on a section that has nothing to do with the main topic, and is so political in state. I agree that the RnR section might be a good solution to the problem that came up with the big feud, but the it certainly is not something a band doctor would want to affiliate themselves with. As a business owner I know I would not personally give money to a site that allows boy-love and other abrasive threads that have nothing to do with the topic that I am advertising for.

Just my .02 cents.

Personally, I think the need to shove threads in people's faces with the line "Take it or leave it" is one sided. The suggestion that was brought up seems like a good comprimise. It does not censor anyone, but it leaves those who do not want to see the posts or their thread titles in peace. The software is setup for just this capability, as well as the ability to keep google and other search engines from spidering those threads. its a fairly simple change. On the other board that I belong to we even put the pray requests into a forum of its own, and removed it from the top 5, as well as the search engine spidering, so that people do not get offended. its all about making the forum comfortable for everyone. you can still post whatever you want, to a certain extent (PG-13 rating and all) but it does not fly in the face of people who do not wish to feel that they are having it shoved in their faces. I remember when the "prayer requests" were challenged on here. The same "group" of people were offended just by having the word "prayer" in the thread titles. Its funny how people groups will turn the tables to conform to their own agendas. ;)

Thank you FunnyDuddies. I really appreciate this post. :clap2:

Personally, I hope that LBT doesn't get the same sort of obnoxious advertising that OH has. To be honest, I think they really kind of take advantage of the members. All those ads for plastic surgery centers, jumbo-capacity toilets, and BO-reducing tablets are no better than the ads on TV or in magazines for the next fad diet.