Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change?

How do I add a poll to this htread, ot do I need to start e new one? I think the moderators would be shocked how much in the monority there are on this!

I think you need to start a new thread. I would link this one to it though and I would make the poll private (you might get more honest answers that way!).

Thanks Neal!

Suggestions:

I would like to see an option to 'hide' threads or topics I find offensive or no longer interest me.

I would like ALL new posts to display when I click the New Posts link; even if I find the topic offensive to me personally.

I believe ALL Rants/Raves or 'Adult' Topics should be segregrated completely.

And keeping it the way it is just to make fewer people happy makes sense?
The point I was making is that it won't be best for EVERYONE (which is what I believe you posted earlier).

I like the R&R section, and I use New Posts probably 97% of the time I spend navigating this site. But I would think that a compromise such as an ignore feature would be best for all. That way if you want to see R7R in your New Posts search, you can, if you don't want to see it, you don't have to.

I also think they shouldn't be included in the top 5, after all, it *is* a LAP BAND site, not a debate site.

Yes. and I love here at well and have since the week this board opened. I think it a bit unfair to suggest that anyone leave because their are no longer boundaries (as there once was) about how one faction can tear down another and get by with it.

But, you're right, many have left because of this recently adopted way of running the board.

Leatha, there have been no changes to the way this board is run. What are you referring to?

Again, Lapband board.

Abortion is not part of getting a lapband.

I like the R&R section. Give me a good reason why it has to be "shown off" though?????

The R&R section is only "shown off" because it's popular. The software isn't picking and choosing; it's only showing the threads with recent posts. Debates are more likely to have lots of posts, it seems, but it's not like anyone is highlighting them purposely.

How do I add a poll to this htread, ot do I need to start e new one? I think the moderators would be shocked how much in the monority there are on this!

The "moderators" don't have an opinion, as far as I know. What are we in the minority on?

------------------

The off-topic sections thrive because people who find entertainment there stick around, and post a lot more often than they might do otherwise. That's just the nature of an online message board. The display responds to activity. So, get more active in the other areas, and other threads will pop to the top. Voila!

As a user of RNR, what i wouldn't like about this is -- I use "new posts" all the time, and want to see all new posts, including RNR posts. Given a choice, I'd rather not have to make a special trip to the forum to find the messages. I access 98% of what I read via new posts.
The "moderators" don't have an opinion, as far as I know. What are we in the minority on?

That is one opinion. and my apologies, I forget laurend is not a moderator as I was counting her as well in the plural.

The software is not making choices, but the software can be made to make a choice.. show last post except that in R&R

My only comment on the topic is this....LBT is a privately owned/funded enterprise. We, the members, don't get to decide how it functions.

Alexandra offered the most constructive suggestion....post on the topics that interest you and THOSE will be the ones that show up "on top" because they will be the most active.

My only comment on the topic is this....LBT is a privately owned/funded enterprise. We, the members, don't get to decide how it functions.

Alexandra offered the most constructive suggestion....post on the topics that interest you and THOSE will be the ones that show up "on top" because they will be the most active.

Your right. But I love the compasionate "love it or leave it" mentality this place has become.

Your right. But I love the compasionate "love it or leave it" mentality this place has become.
If they tried to fill all requests that any member made, they'd be constantly making changes and no one would be happy. The fact is, no one is going to be 100% happy at any support site. There are always going to be people that think it should be run in a different way, offer different opportunities, have a different format, etc., etc. etc.

And there really isn't a "love it or leave it" mentality. There is, however, a "take responsibility for your own actions" mentality. If someone chooses to read or respond to a certain thread, that's what they choose. They weren't tricked or forced.

True. :D And I'm very saddened by this. There was a day when I invited everyone I knew considering banding to this board, but very honestly, I don't encourage a soul to come here anymore. :( I wouldn't have a total stranger subjected to some of the things said here over the past few months.

I have a sister in law who is banded, I have a brother who is being banded soon and there is no way I'd give them this link.

Someone said it very correctly, if you wouldn't say it to them in their own living room, you have no business saying it online either.

Hmmm... I find this post interesting. You appear quite offended yet you are here daily participating in the very same thing you are complaining about.

I'm not sure I understand your point.