Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November Sleevers?

So far I feel like I am doing ok. I dont regret it but its definitely hard.i can only take 2-3 sips of anything before I feel the heartburn.Then I have to make myself burp before it stops. I finally today started with the gas. I do know there is absolutely no way possible I can get in all the Protein and fluids that they are requesting. I can already tell that my taste have changed.I tried some blended cream of chicken Soup today and it tasted yuck. Popsicles are my best friend.

Yeah i feel the same way about the popsicles. I start Protein Drinks and yogurt tomorrow. Two days post op. Getting better with the pain.

3 days post-op, I am off the pain medicine but all I really want is apple flavored water. I wasn't even a Apple fan before the surgery. Getting the recommended Protein down seems impossible. I have no desire for food smelling it is the only thing that gives me nausea. No regrets!

today i start my pre-op liquid diet (only 4 days...i'm scheduled for 11/18) and last night was very emotional for me. i had a few somber moments as i recognized that as of that night, my relationship with food has changed forever. it was a heavy moment.

i'm looking forward to being on the other side of surgery!

Good luck tomorrow I bet it will go great

Thanks!

Tomorrow Is my big day. I can't wait , I'm so excited I hope I can sleep tonight. See y'all on the losers bench!

Good luck! I had surgery yesterday. Other than the dreaded gas pains I feel pretty good. Definitely trying to stay ahead on the pain meds.

I was sleeved nov 7 everyday is better but the big cut is killing meee :( sometimes i feel down because some people are pain free but im not going to lie.. it hurts :( thank God gas was not a problem for me..

Yeah I feel like you. I was hoping in was one of many that didn't have many issues post op but the pain in my side is killing me. I was doing better a couple days ago but a spit bubble went down the wrong pipe the other day and caused a violent coughing fit which irritated my insides and made pain unbearable for last day or so. Little better this morning and same thing happened again so now pain even worse. Nausea had been better since got Zofran but as I type this its the absolute worst. Feel so I'll and everything's spinning. Which means of course I am way behind getting my fluids in. 7 days post op and not nota good day today

I hope everyone who is having issues began to feel the terrific part about having this surgery. May blessings be with you.

I was wondering what everyone's post-op diet consists of. I am on full liquids for 21days.

Strained/puréed Soups, broths, diluted fruit juice, Protein Drinks, skim milk, and sugar free Popsicles and drink mixes.

My surgery was the 11th. The day of surgery and the day after was Clear Liquids only. Then began full liquids which I am on for 7 days. I can have popsicles, thinned yogurt, Protein drinks, broths, thinned cream Soups, milk, Water. Then starts pureed stage. At that point i can have refried Beans, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese.... pretty much any beed with gravy as long as i throw it threw a blender. Ill be on that for a week and then I start soft foods for a week.

I stay on the full liquids for a week and then pureed for three weeks.

Tomorrow is my big day! We spent the day traveling from Texas to Tijuana so I am POOPED. And can I tell you all that I've never been so excited to see a bowl of chicken broth in all my life, once we settled in to the hotel! Our layover was too short to be able to grab anything between flights. ???? being hungry makes for a grumpy girl!

Anyway... As I sit here, I'm overcome with thoughts and emotions. I KNOW I'm doing the right thing, but whew, this is a LOT of life changes. Sadly all centered around food. I never realized how much of my life was centered around food till the past couple of weeks, with my pre-op diet. Almost every 'outing' or get together, is all centered around food somehow it seems.

Guess my friends will have to start meeting me at the gym!

Anyway... Congrats to all you who have gone before me! I wish you all much success in your healing process!

See you all on the losers bench! ????

We are rooting for you. I know the changes seem overwhelming now but you deserve this and your life after will be much better because of it.

Y'all are so lucky I am full liquids for 3 whole weeks. I guess this is the price I have to pay since my pre-op diet was not all liquid.

Good luck to you. Let us know your progress.