Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 3 weeks post op. I've lost 25lbs. And no one has noticed the weight loss!! Wow. I must be super obese that 25lbs is not noticeable. Go figure!

I only had about 70 pounds of excess weight to lose and it took me hitting the 50 pound mark before people really started commenting. Went from a size 16 to a 6 jeans and THEN they start commenting??? I think some people are just afraid to say anything and, just like in high school, we worry about what they are thinking when in reality most people are so consumed with themselves they don't notice a lot about people around them.

People didn't really notice untill i lost about 38lbs... But once they noticed, they would comment all the time it, saying things like " don't lose anymore or you will disappear" or "you don't need to lose" or "you're getting too skinny", etc. it really gets on my nerves so be happy for now because when they do start, it will eventually get on your nerves too

Oy Vay! It's a crazy world we live in. I have a sister who doesn't talk to me about the surgery instead she God's to our younger sister and complains that it's not fair that I will eventually lose weight and be thin. Imagine how I feel knowing my sister took comfort in knowing I was always larger than her. It hurts????

I didn't get any comments until I hit around the 50 pound mark. I'm now down 80 pounds and get many more comments. Of course, I'm still way too big but I'm doing great and am proud of what I have done so far. And I FEEL great!!! But, yeah, it was a little disturbing that nobody noticed such a big weight loss! Once I started buying new clothes, that made it more obvious. Especially now that I'm out of the plus sizes. The regular sizes leg width is smaller so my legs now look thinner. And, they actually are thinner which really helps--I'm starting to find my "chicken legs" that I used to have and am excited about it! lol

No one seemed to notice until I lost 60 pounds.

So I'm 3 weeks post op. I've lost 25lbs. And no one has noticed the weight loss!! Wow. I must be super obese that 25lbs is not noticeable. Go figure!

I think it depends on your shape and where you carry your weight most....and possibly where you lose it from.

I think it really depends on the people who you're around as far as when they may or may not notice your progress.

I know my family and coworkers didn't notice enough to say anything until I'd dropped a ton of weight.

But those in my support groups noticed each and every meeting as they didn't see me daily, so the change wasn't gradual to them. And then when I visited some of the remote offices I hadn't been to in a while, they all REALLY noticed.

It gets interesting when people that you know, walk by you and do not recognize you anymore.

It took about 40 lbs for people to start really noticing. I also think they are embarrassed to say anything because they don't want you to think they thought you were heavy. I laugh and tell them...it's OK I was really heavy! But even now each day they notice something different. Even though I haven't lost any weight for a few days I think we loose inches even if the scale doesn't change and that makes a difference also.

I think some people don't know if they should comment. I've lost 30 and not many gave commented. But know what? That's 1/3 done!

My friends and family noticed my weight loss before i did...lol I had been the big girl for so ong i always saw that image whenever i looked in the mirror. But wut is strange now is my Bestfriend talked about how she could never have this type of surgery and she is happy with her size. Well now im smaller than her she is making up every excuse to explain why she is now trying to start the program, Wow!!! I really dont know how i should feel about this but as of now it truly doesnt sit right with me???? i believe the only reason she is going to great lengths is because she doesn't want me to look better than her (In her eyes). That's crazy. We have been friends for almost 30yrs....im just a little unsettled about it all!

My friends and family noticed my weight loss before i did...lol I had been the big girl for so ong i always saw that image whenever i looked in the mirror. But wut is strange now is my Bestfriend talked about how she could never have this type of surgery and she is happy with her size. Well now im smaller than her she is making up every excuse to explain why she is now trying to start the program, Wow!!! I really dont know how i should feel about this but as of now it truly doesnt sit right with me???? i believe the only reason she is going to great lengths is because she doesn't want me to look better than her (In her eyes). That's crazy. We have been friends for almost 30yrs....im just a little unsettled about it all!

Wow!

Watch her...and watch her closely.

i had a few people say to me later, that they didnt say anything, in case i was ill, or had some disease!!!