Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

just a quick update on my hairloss. I was very devestated a few months ago, my hair was falling out by the handfulls, and nothing helped. It started to fall out at 3 months out.

Well, as sudden as it started it stopped. I still lose some but it's almost back to normal at this point. It stopped 5 months out. I cut back on washing my hair to once a week and used dry Shampoo in between. I also opted for a shorter hairstyle. I changed nothing on my diet and I did not take Biotin either. (well I tried but it did not work so I stopped)

So cheer up ladies and gentlemen, there is light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Mine is still falling out but has slowed some and I will be 8 mos the 26th. The surgeon said sometimes it does not stop till about 8 mos. I have taken Biotin since wayyy before surgery but it is not to prevnt loss but rather to help speed regrowth. I have new hair coming in everywhere. I almost lost all my bangs but I have an inch or more of new hair there

Mine started falling out at about the 4th month and it stopped about a couple of weeks ago (I'm 7 months out). I was sooo happy. I was able to wear my hair down and style it again! I do use Nioxin Shampoo which is helping it grow back.

My Hair loss started way early, at about 6 weeks! Hate it but I know it is temporary. I am 3 1/2 months now. hair still falling out, but it has slowed a bit. I can really see it thinning, but keep telling myself it is worth the sacrifice. I also notice the difference in texture. Now very fine and limp! I used to take great pride in my very thick hair. Ooohh I miss it!

Ever hear of hair falling out before surgery, I have been losing for about a month and a half and surgery is not til 10/14. I did lose 50 over the last six months on the preop diet. Very stressed and menopausal to boot. Hoping my stopping point will be sooner because of it, but doubt it.

I am so worried about this as my hair was already thinning due to genetics. Does it grow back? I am 56, one month out, trying hard to get nutrition and am on a lot of Vitamins my Nut recommended.

I also lost 50 pounds pre-op and had thinning hair. The good news is that after the surgery I had very little additional Hair loss.< /p>

I also lost 50 pounds pre-op and had thinning hair. The good news is that after the surgery I had very little additional Hair loss.< /p>

You just made my day, gave me a little hope. @@Mbstas, when did you notice the regrowth start.

My hairstylist noticed lots of new Hair growth at my appointment last month. I was 5 months post-op at that time.

My hairstylist told me to have my hubby massage my scalp! She said it brings blood to the scalp and will help generate new growth. First I have ever heard of that but will try anything! Besides it feels good. ????

My hairstylist noticed lots of new Hair growth at my appointment last month. I was 5 months post-op at that time.

hey another question, at what point did you start taking Biotin, or what did you do for the Hair loss.

hey another question, at what point did you start taking Biotin, or what did you do for the Hair loss.< /p>

According to my doctor only one thing will stop your hair when it's falling - the floor :D

I know, not funny, but so true. I took Biotin but it did not help, I tried to up my Protein, no result, it just will stop. As sudden as it starts it stops.

I was shocked when I first noticed my Hair loss. I was in the shower and noticed my drain was clogged with my hair! I was only 6 or 7 weeks out when it started. I had heard it was to start much later. Anyway, I lost hair for several weeks. It was only noticeable where I part my hair. I did cut my hair very short to make it all less noticeable. I am now a little over 4 months out and I have noticed my hair is no longer falling out in chunks! Yeah! I expect the next thing will be dealing with the whispies as it grows back. I did not take Biotin or any other Hair growth product. I also struggle getting in required Protein so that may have lead to my early hair departure! I just hope it is behind me now.