Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a little encouragement.

I'm 7 weeks out and eating LESS than 600 cal a day (not always on purpose: I have 4 jobs which are night AND day jobs so my sleep sched is always messy so I sometimes forget to eat after coffee) and I'm stuck on 30 lbs. not complaining. I'm trusting the process...it's just that I can barely get the 600 cal in as is and I'm working out at least 3-6 days a week. Am I crazy? Isn't it supposed to be coming off faster? Total time with pre op shake diet is almost 9 weeks. Anyone else experience a slow weight loss (in "sleeve weight loss time")?

Meeeeee. I'm 7 weeks out tomorrow and I can barely get in 300-400 cals a day. I've lost 27lbs since surgery, but I feel like it should be more. I am not getting all my Protein in even though I'm trying my best. I work out daily as well.

I was sleeved 7 weeks ago tomorrow (close to you) and also had a 2-week surgeon-ordered pre-op diet.

So far, the only exercise I'm doing is walking the dog 30 minutes a day.

And I almost always get in 60 grams Protein and between 600-800 calories a day.

Oh, and I'm 68 years old.

Here are my stats (might make you feel better):

June 3 - 235 lbs. (went on my own diet)

August 4 - 224 lbs. (started surgeon's pre-op diet)

August 18 - 216 lbs. (surgery day)

October 5 (today) - 198 lbs.

Since early June I've lost 37 pounds (including the 11 I lost on my own before the surgeon-ordered pre-op diet).

Since I started the surgeon's pre-op diet, I've lost 26 pounds.

Since surgery, I've lost 18 pounds.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Thank you for your replies. I know that my age (42) has a little bit to do with it so thanks for the heads up on that (I did this once before and lost over 100 lbs on my own thru diet and crazy amounts of exercise but I was 32-33) it just feels like I'm eating SO little; I was probably up to about 2000 cal a day before. I'm just venting because if I knew the proper solution to accelerate my loss, I'd apply it!

One thing to remember - if you graph your weight loss, it won't be linear, it's going to look more like a stair step. Lose, plateau, lose, plateau.

I think I was at week 5 or 6 when I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks.

The only things you can control is what you put in your mouth and how much move your body. Your body is going to lose weight at its own pace...

Your still at the healing stage. Your body is still trying to figure out what the "H" you did to it. And even though the meds have been mostly flushed from your body. You are still swollen and sore.

You should not be weighing yourself so much. I weighed myself at Doctors appointments only during my weight loss time. I never had a gain, stall or a disappointment. It is not about numbers, it is about healthy life style changes and well being.

The scale only sets you back by making you second guess what you are doing. You know the drill. You know what to do. Follow the plan and it will happen. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but you will get there.

This is a life long change. Not a sprint or a race. It's a war one battle at a time! :)

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to hear. Especially having done this before... I need people to remind me about the marathon...I'm innately a "sprinter" :)