Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date November 20th

I'm so excited so ready and at the same time all mix emotions

Aww you u be hope everything goes well sweets

WifeyMaterial I hope so fingers cross and praying????????

Edited by Meme713

I'm November 4! I can't believe it's less than a month away.

Edited by briefs199

I'm being banded 7th November so ready for this, currently doing a liver shrinking diet before my op, find it ok 1000cal a day.

I see most people are from the USA on here, I'm from England looking forward to talking to you x jo

Jodaggers. Wow that is soon. How are you doing on the pre op diet?

Went to a cocktail party for my son's school tonight. I had seltzer to drink. Only. Then I hit the veggie plate and had that and a tbsp of dip. I was going to have a pig in the blanket but ended up having 3 chips with a teaspoon of guacamole. I was proud of myself. I have been very compliant and put it all in MFP.

Hiya briefs199, I know it so soon I've only just started the pre op diet, finding it ok, I'm all excited so coping well, I'm sticking to shakes mainly and Soups to shrink my liver.

Well done on sticking to plan when you was out at the party, I've got a few things going on like pre Christmas meals and drinks, I'm just gonna say I'm not well and can't go cause I don't trust myself yet, which will be hard because only two friend and my partner know what I'm having done.

All the best and ever you need a chat message me xx

Me too. I'm going to pass on most Christmas parties this year as well. I miss alcohol the most!!!

Me too guys I'm passing all social event this year will be focusing on the new life changes but like @@briefs199 said I will miss alcohol the most ;););)

I'm November 4! I can't believe it's less than a month away.

I'll be doing my final pre op dr appointment on the 4th and I will keep you in my thoughts

The dude

How are you doing now???

The dude

How are you doing now???

Its been a pretty rough ride but I will give a quick rundown on the turn of events.(note that I am feeling much better now)

Days 1 - 5:

I was unable to take down more than 8 oz of fluids per day. Had to even be put on a feeding tube to try to force some down. I was extremely tight(inflamed). During this time whatever I consumed would come out in my sleep. Another issue I had was hypersalivation which prevented me from sleeping at all and extreme dehydration.

Day 6: At this point band rejection had me very scared but all of the sudden in the mid after noon of day 6 it felt like a bathtub cork was pulled in my stomach and all of my fluids drained into the intestines. So what I am thinking is the anesthesia still partly had my stomach shut down where it would not pump the contents of my stomach into my intestines. Magically my stomach started working with fluids and my inflammation around the band started going down dramatically. A few hours later my stomach started to get really tight as I was heading to town. Again I started thinking "great now it'll quit working" but after I made it over the mountain pass 8,600ft or so the tension eased. Interesting thing is when this happened I was starving! So I had my first bit of solid food(jello). Since that point I've been working broth and yogurt. I've had my ups and downs but I feel 100 times better than I did the first few days. The only issue I've really had sense was I am having issues with night coughing.

Overall its been a 1 day at a time recovery. I've lost more weight than I wanted to just short of time out of post op but I'll live.

@the dude - so glad you're feeling better!

How are all you guys after yall procedures