Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Howdy my fellow family! whats up? here's my status. sorry i dont post more but work is kickin my butt so i barely have time to post my lil quickies. i weighed last night... i'm down to 259. day before surgery i was at 266... when i started my pre op i was at 275. so i've lost 1 lb a day since surgery and a grand total of 16 lbs ! woooo hooo gone forever! :Banane30:

hope all is going well! i miss talking to you all.

Hey Peeps~

Yes, I am here. Still sick, but have been back to work since Tuesday. Being sick totally sucks, then the last 2 nights, I've had the no sleep...up all night coughing crap. I also started my online classes this week. I am teaching teachers getting their Master's degree. So I am doing my online teacher training stuff...which is lots of reading and activities.

Juli~ You are shrinking girl. My weight loss has not exceeded -30 pounds...and I am nearly frustrated. But then, I know, it is happening. I started jazzercise last week, I even went 5 days! But then got sick this week and haven't went once. Up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Then...get my period (sorry boys) and back up.

O well, gotta go for now. I'll be @ Susanne's this weekend!!!! I miss her bunches, didn't see her last weekend. I miss her pretty face!

Take care everyone!

xoxoxoxoxox

CaresaRN: Glad to see that you are doing well. You are right about all the differant in plans. Even our/and your doctor has changed his mind about the way he has it. He even told us we he needed to update his problem. We were allowed to eat scrambled eggs the 2nd week.

My wife is 5 weeks out and Iam 4 weeks and we have our first fill on Monday. We are both trying to figure out how much of a fill will get in the band since we have the new advance AP band. We really notice the differance about 3 weeks out, that we would need a fill. Glad to see everyone is doing well aslo.

Chris

Oh my goodness, this post was at the bottom of the page, can't have that. Just checking in, flying to Chicago tomorrow which I am looking forward too, in the past I always dreaded going because I knew I was spilling into someone else seat. I know I will not be because a few weeks ago I went to Six Flags and was able to ride all of the roller coasters. I was so excited, was so dizzy by the time I got off of them.

Ok, well enough of me, you all take care, and don't let this post sink to the bottom.

Thanks for jumping in there Dee! I check the thread every day because I don't always get notified of a new post. I hate posting something just for the sake of posting (I know, some of you think I always have something to say) but I'm always a little let down when everything is quiet, so I think I'll just bump the thread occasionally to remind everyone it's still around.

Soooo.....BUMP! :bump2:

Thanks for the bump you two! I was wondering where the gay people went to. I am swamped at work and life, but I keep checking in to see what is up!

Just came back from Jazzercise class...freakin love it. Kicks my butt, but I missed it last week when I was sick.

Have a great night. Off to watch Weeds and Californication!!!

xoxoxo

Hi my little happy gay people.

We are getting littler (no spell check) every day, right?!

I'm overwhelmed with life right now and not checking on here as much as I used to. But yes, I too come and see what's shaking. I'm always down for a good bump....

Bump...Bump...Do the hustle (insert music here)...

xoxoxoxoxo

Boy Pamela, I don't know which it worse - the fact that you pretty much just admitted that you're old enough to remember the Bump and the Hustle, or the fact that I just admitted that I'm old enough to remember them too!!

Shall we move on to Bad Seventies Gay Music for our next category?

:note2: At first I was afraid, I was petrified... :note2:

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry I haven't been keeping up, but things have been hectic. I work during the day and sometimes at night.

I am feeling great now that I am off all the meds. I am still losing weight, which is always a plus. It is kinda weird losing a lot of weight because I am seeing things and situations in a different way. I have a really positive attitude these days and try to spread that through my work team. I have also been eliminating a lot of negative people/situations out of my life for good. It has been a refreshing process. I am also in the process of creating a MySpace page that will serve as a blog for my lap-band journey. I will keep you posted on how that is turning out. I figured it would be a good way to keep up with photos.

I went back to the doctor today and he gave me my first fill. It was really awkward and it feels like there is a little lump in my throat. I am guessing I won't notice it in a few days. He made sure everything was okay and I could drink Water before I left his office. I go back in a month. I have kinda given myself a mini-goal to lose a total of 50 lbs by Christmas. I have more energy so, I am going to start working out. I hope it helps, but even if I don't reach that goal, I am really happy with what I have done so far.

BTW...ya'll are great and inspire so many of us. Eddie you are doing awesome and I think you will reach your goal before you know it.

sorry for not keeping up on the updating...but I'M STUCK!!! down 16 lbs since last wednesday and not a lb since!!!! every diet i've ever tried i'm able to lose 17 lbs never more... so here we go again. i just dont get it! i'm getting very frustrated. plus. i know i'm only 2 weeks out and i already feel like i need a fill. my food just isn't keeping me full for very long at all. :rolleyes:

FRUSTRATED SEEKING ENCOURAGEMENT OR SOMETHING.

I can eat almost anything. My hunger is the same as pre-op. I know I need a fill. I started feeling this way at 2 weeks also. Now I'm at 3, no more weight loss and still a week and a half from my first fill. I was frustrated last week but I am not anymore. Everything in good time. I don't want to hurt myself.

Breathe in and out and just know this is different than any other diet....you will lose weight. My DW has lost 60lbs in the past year and hasn't dieted at all. She eats shakes, ice cream and candy bars all the time. Oh yeah...and regular Pepsi. She say's she is going to diet with me. I haven't really started to really try yet. Kinda waiting for my first fill so I won't feel so hungry.

Caresa!

sorry for not keeping up on the updating...but I'M STUCK!!! down 16 lbs since last wednesday and not a lb since!!!! every diet i've ever tried i'm able to lose 17 lbs never more... so here we go again. i just dont get it! i'm getting very frustrated. plus. i know i'm only 2 weeks out and i already feel like i need a fill. my food just isn't keeping me full for very long at all. :rolleyes:

FRUSTRATED SEEKING ENCOURAGEMENT OR SOMETHING.

Ok girl, take a deep breath and a chill pill, in whatever order you desire. You're less than two weeks out and are probably still on either liquids or mushies, am I correct? Most of my mushies were high-carb stuff like grits, mashed potatoes, etc. Plus if you're drinking a lot of calories right now, they're not going to keep you full for long, and they may be increasing your caloric intake without you realizing it. Or on the flip side, you may be consuming way less calories than your body is accustomed to and you could be in a bit of starvation mode. Also, your body is still recovering and readjusting after what it considers a trauma. And if all that isn't enough information, your band is probably empty, so even if you are eating solids now you're not going to have much restriction.

And last but not least, stay away from the scale! Try to only weigh once a week. I know it's hard, but weighing too often and not seeing the scale move is only going to make you even more frustrated. Trust me, I've been there. And believe me, it doesn't help to see people that are losing 5 times as fast as you are. I live with one of them, remember? My body had finally settled into a sort of routine - I'll go for a week, maybe two without losing anything then all of a sudden I'm down 2, 3, even 4 pounds almost overnight. As my doc says, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You WILL be successful. This it not like any other time before. Besides, when before have you had such fabulous people supporting you?? :biggrin1:

I can eat almost anything. My hunger is the same as pre-op. I know I need a fill. I started feeling this way at 2 weeks also. Now I'm at 3, no more weight loss and still a week and a half from my first fill. I was frustrated last week but I am not anymore. Everything in good time. I don't want to hurt myself.

Breathe in and out and just know this is different than any other diet....you will lose weight. My DW has lost 60lbs in the past year and hasn't dieted at all. She eats shakes, ice cream and candy bars all the time. Oh yeah...and regular Pepsi. She say's she is going to diet with me. I haven't really started to really try yet. Kinda waiting for my first fill so I won't feel so hungry.

Caresa, your post hit as I was writing my earlier one. If you'd like, I can copy it and repost it with your name instead, or you could just pretend I wrote it for both of you. :guess

We will ALL do this...TOGETHER! I officially declare this our "Fat Stonewall!" Where we may have failed alone in the past, now that we're all standing together we will succeed!! <am I channelling a little too much drag queen? :moony:>