Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

speaking of kids...

I came into my present relationship alone--my DW has FIVE children. The two girls live with her ex out of state and we are raising the three boys. The oldest boy is the only one I've had problems "meshing" with--It was a VERY rocky 1st year or so. But now things are much much better, except when he returns from visiting his other mother in CO. Tends to be stand-offish for a few days before he warms back up to me. I used to take it very personally, but I've tried to be more mature about the situation and try to see his POV.

My sweetie is his birth mother, the other 4 are adopted--3 from Guatemala, one from Ukraine.:help:

just thought i'd take a min to throw in an update. went to my 1st post op appt today and he said that i'm doing fine. i'm down to 255, which is a told of 19lbs lost. he said that its normal that i havent lost any in a week and a half and to calm down. he wont give me a fill for another 4 weeks and he said that i probably won't lose any more weight til the fill so i should just relax. he said my game hasn't even started until i get that first fill. so now i'm ecstatic!!!!!! and so relieved to know that i've not messed the whole thing up :mad: hehehe.

hope everyone is doing well... i'm pretty ok i suppose... not likin my job so much but ya know what can ya do.

can't wait for the weekend. i'm off fri sat sun me and my g/f and 2 other couples and 2 single folks are going to a haunted house. this ought to be interesting since all of us are terrified! hmmmmmmmmm.... whose gonna protect us. afterwards we are going to the club. i have decided that i LOVE not drinking. i have so much more fun at the club w/out alcohol! not that i was a big drinker but ya know. i love watchin all the drunk idiots make a fool of themselves!

Hi all. I will introduce myself. I am a bisexual women who is getting banded on 12/17. I am loving this sight and am so glad to have such a wonderful support system! I look forward to knowing all of you!

Howdy MissSac. Welcome.

You'll be in bandland soon.

Stevee-Sounds like your doctor is a keeper. Relax you'll be SKINNY this time next year. It will happen.

Flipper-That's a struggle. Being in a LDR is helpful for me because I feel like I can protect my daughter from the ups and downs of dating. Not that I've ever really did the flavor of the week kind of dating.

But it sounds like you all are way beyond that. I'm sure it's hurtful to have the boy be distant, but seems like you've it's resolving with time.

Raising kids is incredible. Raising kids as queer parents offers us some unique challenges but also it is very sweet. I look back just a generation or two where people would forego having children or would not be true to themselves to raise their kids and count myself lucky as hell.

Peace, y'all.

I don't know how you girls do the LDR thing (Juli, Pamela, Dana - did I miss anyone?). If I don't have Sean laying next to me at night I don't sleep. He's been out of town since Sunday and I won't get any real rest until he gets home tomorrow night. :tired

just thought i'd take a min to throw in an update. went to my 1st post op appt today and he said that i'm doing fine. i'm down to 255, which is a told of 19lbs lost. he said that its normal that i havent lost any in a week and a half and to calm down. he wont give me a fill for another 4 weeks and he said that i probably won't lose any more weight til the fill so i should just relax. he said my game hasn't even started until i get that first fill. so now i'm ecstatic!!!!!! and so relieved to know that i've not messed the whole thing up :o hehehe.

hope everyone is doing well... i'm pretty ok i suppose... not likin my job so much but ya know what can ya do.

can't wait for the weekend. i'm off fri sat sun me and my g/f and 2 other couples and 2 single folks are going to a haunted house. this ought to be interesting since all of us are terrified! hmmmmmmmmm.... whose gonna protect us. afterwards we are going to the club. i have decided that i LOVE not drinking. i have so much more fun at the club w/out alcohol! not that i was a big drinker but ya know. i love watchin all the drunk idiots make a fool of themselves!

Hey Stevee, I don't mean to say we told you so, but... :heh:

Hi all. I will introduce myself. I am a bisexual women who is getting banded on 12/17. I am loving this sight and am so glad to have such a wonderful support system! I look forward to knowing all of you!

Welcome aboard Kelly! Glad you found us. I think you'll feel very much at home here.

i know i know ya'll told me! hehehe oops!

Hey peeps,

Susanne surprised me today. I was translating a conference for my friend (in Spanish) and I happen to look up as she walked by. She was in full uniform so she was hard to miss. (So cute in her uniform). Anyway...what a nice surprise. Funny thing is the cleaning lady didn't come this morning (comes every Thursday) but will be here tomorrow. But the house is a mess. There are dishes in the sink, and I didn't make the bed. Susanne is a neat freak, and the house usually doesn't look like this when she is here (or when I know she is coming over). So I was busted! I think I even had cabinets open too, which I do alot and she hates. LOL...I guess the surprise was on her. She stayed at work w/ me tonight and helped me cut some bottles for our bottle biology project. It was fun and great to see her in my classroom. As far as work, I am "out". My principal is gay and work w/ other gay people too. Everyone at work really loves Susanne. My kids don't know anything about my personal life. Some people are out w/ students too...but I don't think it is the kids business. It was just great to see her (especially in her uniformwink.gifwink.gif)

Have a great night everyone!

Pamela

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

AWE..........

How sweet is that???? And Hubba hubba about the uniform. Why do I have visions of the end of "An Officer and a Gentleman" in my head?

I can imagine what a treat it would be to have your honey pop in where you work. Very nice...

Don't sweat the mess, it's not a deal breaker. The woman loves you.

Hey all!

I've been lurking around the threads for a while and decided to jump in! I'm a 37 year-old gay guy. I live in SC (yee haw!)

My band journey started this past summer when I decided that (after reaching a monumental weight of 275) that enough was enough. I am now down to 236 as of this morning!!!!

I am so excited to fit into old clothes that I thought were just never going to be worn again, and I'm starting to get comments like, "Hey, skinny!" It feels so good! I'm single and have put my life on hold for hold for *many* years because of my weight. I see a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Glad to find some friends of Dorothy around here!!

Welcome aboard scareDcat and misssac, as you have noticed you will get a lot of support here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, Chance's are that some one has gone through it or knows where you can find help.

Hey Pam what a nice surprise that your sweetie came to see you day early, bet you wont let her catch you with dishes in the sink again. lol kidding

Juli, any more marathon bike rides? I wish I could get motivated to get mine out of the shed and go.

Everyone have a good weekend. I got an extra day off, All the schools in our area have been closed due to the smoke from the wild fires, So I think I will go get the truck an oil change. That sounds like so much fun. My sweetie has to many appointments to sneak off to the movies today. Oh well.

It is what it is.

Take care all.

hi ScareDcat, WELCOME.

Dez, no more giant rides from what I can tell. I'm in Ohio and it's rainy and cold most of the time. Too bad. Those big rides helped get the weight off!

Looking for something else to keep me busy.

I'm totally with Stevee on the no drinking thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love alcohol and I still have one or 2 glasses of wine a week, but I don't down 5 margaritas at the bar anymore. And I actually feel SO much better the next day. I've been having a hard time losing since my last fill, but I have another fill in about a week or so. In the meantime, I've been working out hardcore -- lifting weights 3x a week and 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 5x a week. I've also cut out sugar and most carbs. I started this 4 weeks ago and the scale has only moved 3lbs, but I think I can see some changes and I feel better, so I'm sticking with it!

Anyway, hope all of you are well. Welcome to the newbies and congrats, Pamela, on your new oil change. I mean, car.

xoxo

Good morning family!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We took the MH down to Orlando and went to Sea World. Lots of walking, so hopefully I lost a poind or two! Juli, if it's any consolation, it's been very rainy down here too. We got soaked yesterday!

ScareDcat, glad you quit lurking! Welcome to our little place on LBT.

So, I've been keeping up with the Dumbledore is Gay (gasp!) thread in R&R. Ahh, so many homophobes, so little time. But there are actually some very GLBT-friendly folks posting too. Any of you guys HP fans? If so, were you surprised about the news? I have to admit I wasn't shocked, but was a little surprised. It certainly makes a lot of things in the books make more sense now. Anyway, while I'm on the subject, in the first HP movie (Sorcerer's Stone), does anyone else think Madame Hooch (the broomstick-flying teacher and Quidditch coach/referee) was a big dyke? Yeah, I know, the whole "all female PE teachers are Lesbians" stereotype, but I just couldn't resist... :heh:

I love dykie PE teachers.

They make my little heart flutter.

I'm not a huge HP fan, but the DD is just getting turned on to the series, so I'm sure we'll be coming into it. (I've seen the movies, or most of them....but see, not a huge fan.)

My weekend was BORING. I had huge papers to write.