Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CAN'T HILD DOWN THE FOODS THE BOOK TELLS ME TO EAT!

I TRIED SOFT SCRAMBLED eggs THE OTHER DAY ONLY ABOUT TWO SPOON FULLS. LATER I THREW UP ALL OF THEM LIKE THEY WOULD NOT DIGEST. HOE LING IS IT NORMally UNTIL I CAN EAT A REGULAR DIET?? LIKE A COUPLE BITES OF pizza OR salad? I'VE SEEN SOME PEOPLE SAY IT TOOK THEM TWO YEARS??? IS THAT TRUE??

Breehuskins, when was your surgery? Someone described this as having a baby's stomach all over again, and you have to go through the stages again. A baby can not handle eggs right after being born and your stomach is the same way. If you are not tolerating the foods or liquids, you hould talk to your NUT or doctor, not try solid or even pureed right after surgery. I realize how hard this must be, desperate to get something down, anything down, but eating foods to soon could cause damage to the stomach. Please be careful. My plan wont allow pureed foods for two full weeks, so beginning of week three for something more than liquid.

Edited by smiley922

Definitely talk to your Dr and nut ...I am 1 month post op and get very nauseous with many things..I don't throw up...but sometimes I feel like I'm almost at that point. It can be rough and frustrating.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

But what gets me is that it's on my list. Foods that can be mashed with a fork. I feel better today.

All foods I eat are appropriate ...I don't eat anything I'm not supposed to. I just moved from pureed yesterday. Just because it's on the list doesn't mean it wont bother you. I love eggs but since surgery I have only been able to eat them 1 time without issues. It's a sucky feeling :/

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

I haven't had my surgery yet but I keep reading what my NUT handed out, there is always a statement under each phase and tge foods you can eat saying if you cant tolerate stop and try again in another few days or week. This tells me each one of us is different and although allowed they may not be tolerated yet and to be patient. Of course this is alot easier then it sounds and I'm sure after October 7th I will have a whole new opinion lol.

I am 9 weeks post op and still can't eat eggs. I tried again this morning and - ugh -... I just keep experimenting with different foods. The nutritionist said to keep trying, but just the thought of eggs makes me gag now. There are plenty of other options besides eggs. You just gotta figure out what your body can handle.

Everyone is different. Just because a food is on the lust doesn't mean your system will tolerate it. I'm 6 weeks out and mostly still on soft foods. It feels like I will never eat out again! My husband had RNY 2 yes ago & he had to go back to liquids approximately 5 times as he tried to progress to real foods. If your goal is pizza or salad, you might be waiting a while. Maybe set more realistic goals for yourself to keep from being frustrated.