Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very nervous and excited.

This is my first post. I went to my initial consultation yesterday. I was told my insurance which is BCBSTx does not require any weight loss visits anymore. Thank God!! It was 12. I am 37 years old 5ft and 210 #'s. My bmi was 41.6. The only requirements are meeting with nutritionist and psychological evaluation. And I am scheduled for that next week. My insurance advocate called today to say once they get my psy eval which is normally a week they can submit to my insurance. Hopefully I will be approved. Does anyone have this insurance? How long did it take for your approval. I knew to all of this. Very nervous. I am so ready to live a healthy life. I feel as though this will give me a new beginning. Any suggestions by post op sleevers would be greatly appreciated.

Healthychoice2014

Good luck, hope all goes well with the insurance.

You asked for suggestions from post sleevers. I am a bit older than you but our starting stats are similar. Can i offer advice rather than suggestions - beginning with whatever happens, be kind to yourself and always remember that, whatever is happening, this too shall pass.

I am 18 months out and the world is a great place to be after many years of being morbidly obese. How I feel as a normal sized human being is indescribable -it's like the excitement of waiting for Christmas as a child. Every day holds the prospect of something wonderful happening, And more often than not it does because I am open to it - my weight no longer acts as a barrier between me and the world.

I don't hide any more, I go to parties, I go clothes shopping in normal stores, I fit inside the seat in a plane, i show off my legs, I can walk for miles, I am not a sweaty blob - and I can run. The freedom increase with every pound lost.

So be nervous, it would be strange if you weren't . But get ready to embrace a new life you probably can't even begin to imagine is possible. I had no idea where this would go when I got sleeved - I just knew I couldn't go on as I was. It's not easy, especially in the early days, so have faith, it gets better. Anyway, nothing worth having is easy.... Best of luck, hang in there when the day comes and you won't look back!

Hi, I too have BCBSTx. I was thrilled to see their requirements, as compared to other insurance companies. I am scheduled for Monday the 29th, but do not have a time yet. I am excited but terrified the closer I get. I think it will be a long weekend for me. When is your date?

Indigo 1991 thank you very much for the words of encouragement. I really need them. As if the whole process isnt enough to deal with, my boyfriend of eight years isnt really as supportive as I would have hoped for. But I refuse to let anyone else make my decision for me. Im not asking anyone for help in paying for what my insurance doesnt so therefore I feel like they should not have a say. His concern is that the people he has seen that have had gastric bypass look sickly. And he says he doesn't want me to get like that. But I been dealing with being overweight for far too long. Ive tried diets,pills, and everything else associated to dieting and have not been successful. So for that...I am on my journey with or without him.