Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill and able to eat a lot

I had my surgery on 3/19/07 weighing in at 244 :cry . I am now down 15 pounds. I had a fill on May 3rd which did not change the amount of food I can eat. :cry I am happy about the weight loss but I thought I would have loss more. I wanted a bagel the other day and had no problem eating it. I was full band satisfied. But I thought with the band our stomach could not hold that much food. :help:

i also had a fill on thursday and cannot tell a difference . my doc only put in half a cc. what about yours? i've heard of people that can't tell that they have had a fill for weeks i hope i;m not one of them

i had my first fill last wed...and it took about 4-5 days to feel much different. Now I have afair amount of restriction, but i was able to eat two tacos tonight which is more than the 1/2-1 cup of food that i am supposed to be eating. I go back in 4 weeks for another fill. But i did feel the gettting stuck feeling and it was no fun..no more pizza for moi

I know what you mean, I was banded on Feb 14th and I have only had one fill. I Had Blood clots a week after and was in the hospital and then a nursing home for another 3 weeks. That is why I have had only one fill. I am due another one in a couple of weeks and I hope it helps more than the first one. I can still eat just about anything I want and any amount. I do try to eat right and a smaller amount. Due to everything that happened to me health wise, and being in the bed for about a month I have only lost around 11 or 12 pounds. I am so not happy about this. So I hope this fill helps me out this time.

Debbie

I was banded on March 8, 2007 and recently had my first fill on April 28th on my 5cc band they filled me to a 2cc. Seeing that most ppl aren't banded that much on their first fill yet feel restriction I too am now concerned something is wrong. I don't feel a bit of restriction unless I eat too fast and have only lost 12lbs but that was prior to me first fill. Since my fill I've lost 0lbs and am now a bit confused. I did have a lower BMI to begin with but still thought that I would feel somewhat of restriction?? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

I'm guess I'm glad to see some of the same issues that I'm having. I was banded Mar 20th and had my first fill Apr 30th. I feel like my appetite has increased. However, last night is the first time I really felt like I had eaten either too much or too fast. No sickness, but very uncomfortable.

But I'm still able to drink tons of Water.

Usually you don't get much, if any, restriction after your first fill. After you have your second and third, you will definitely feel a difference. I was able to eat everything and anything after my first fill but not after my second - it was a whole different ball game. Enjoy what you can eat now, because after the second or third fill, you will be saying "if only I could have a slice of pizza" ;)

I had little to no restriction after my first fill..... I could eat bread, anything and just about how much I wanted. It was less than before but still a lot..... NOW with my 2nd fill that I've had for three weeks.... WOW! I won't even touch a pc of bread.... scared.... The restriction feels good..... I've lost 12 lbs in three weeks on my second fill..... Just hang in there.... Sometimes it even takes the third fill to have restriction.... IT WILL COME>>>> ENJOY BEING ABLE TO EAT WHILE YOU CAN>>> JUST DON'T EAT TOO MUCH>> I think it's all a process the 1st fill starts cutting you back to prepare for the next one.....

It can take several fills to get to restriction. My first fill worked for about a month, my second fill was the same and I even have one of the smaller bands that holds 4ccs of Fluid.

My third fill has finally hit the right spot and I've been able to eat 1/2 cup or less at each meal since then. Also, my 3rd fill was in mid-February and it is still working just as well today.

Hang in there, once you find the right spot you'll know it :-)

Hi late I had 4cc put in on thursday and I'm still able to eat more than i'm suppose to I read a lot of other peoples intake on being able to sill eat after the first fill I just hope after my second on May 31st I'll have more restriction. But with my now 15 pound weight loss I do have more energy and I also joined curves. Which I love