Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guess I've been lucky...haven't had any of the tiredness or nausea since I got home. Only 5 days out and I feel fine. Only issues I'm having is occassional gurgling noises, & some gas "bubbles" (like I need to belch). The one thing I am getting is some cramping...feels like a severe hunger pang. Anyone else getting that or know what it's from? My 1wk f/u appt is Tues, so I'll ask about, but I was just curious if anyone else felt that?

I'm almost 4 weeks out and I get nauseous from smells, moving around, heat, humidity, hot flashes, and everything in between. I try to take my nauseous pill first thing in the morning. Brushing my teeth makes me dry heave. It's really upsetting because I never had morning sickness with my 2 kids(28yrs. old and 26yrs old) Bummer! Also my scalp itches and has little sores. anyone else have this problem?

Just tried my first Protein shake since it hurt my gut so much one week ago. Still a NO go. Just such an easy way to get my Protein in. Any other suggestions for a quick 30g punch to my Proteins?

It seems every time I eat...I'm getting sick with stomach pains. What gives? It's making me scared to eat anything...even just a few bites

I'm almost 4 weeks out and I get nauseous from smells, moving around, heat, humidity, hot flashes, and everything in between. I try to take my nauseous pill first thing in the morning. Brushing my teeth makes me dry heave. It's really upsetting because I never had morning sickness with my 2 kids(28yrs. old and 26yrs old) Bummer! Also my scalp itches and has little sores. anyone else have this problem?

The scalp itch and sores sounds a lot like hives! You may be having an allergic reaction to something or a physiological response to stress- I also get hives on my scalp and swollen itchy hands when I'm stressed past a certain threshold.

I find my pouch can be a little touchy. Something goes down well one day but not the next. I just try to take it slowly and keep trying.

Hi I had surgery 9/5, I am having trouble with Constipation anyone help with this. I take stool softener and Miralax doesn't alway work. Having a bm about every 4 days. In pain the rest of the time.

Hi I had surgery 9/5, I am having trouble with Constipation anyone help with this. I take stool softener and miralax doesn't alway work. Having a bm about every 4 days. In pain the rest of the time.

I ran into this problem. It was a terrible affliction. What worked for me was eating one apple a day just before bedtime. But you must eat the skin of the apple also. There was a thread on this issue a couple weeks ago. Some of the other recommendations were:

Smooth Move Herbal Tea

Prune juice (warmed)

Prunes (4 in the morning and 4 at night)

Haribo sugar free Gummy Bears

Low fat brand muffins

Insoluble fibers (Garden of Life Raw Fiber or Renew Life Triple Fiber)

I know exactly what everyone above is dealing with. I became suddenly lactose intolerant about 4 weeks after my surgery. What worked for me was switching to almond milk sugar free for a couple months and things have resolved themselves on their own. Other options would be soy milk, coconut Water, or just using Water. Be sure whatever option you choose that it is relatively low to no sugar as this could cause dumping syndrome. The other thing I found that worked well for me was switching from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, which the bariatric nutritionist recommended for me, to Isopure Zero Carb. They have these in premade bottles or just a regular powder. They have the traditional chocolate, vanilla, strawberry flavors which I find like most brands that have these flavors taste better with milk or almond milk. The real gem with Isopure is the non-traditional flavors. Early morning my stomach sometimes cant handle the heavy chocolate of vanilla, so I reach for my go to flavors or pineapple orange banana or peach mango. Both of these still taste amazing mixed with just water!

I know that dealing with the stomach distress is a pain and can be very discouraging. I want to encourage you to talk to your nutritionist and also start experimenting with various Protein drinks and combinations. Every one is different and no two weight loss journeys are the same. I want to encourage you to keep forging ahead and if there is anything I can do for all of your or if any of you has questions, feel free to contact me at one of the links below and I will do what I can to help.

Jonathan

@Fat2FitBlue

Blog: http://wakingupfromh...s.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook...ealjonathanblue