Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curiosity. .how long is everyone's 1st phase

My doctor says I can go on puree week 2....

I was on full liquids for 4 weeks. After week 2, I emailed my nurse and asked if I could progress. She said no.

I thought I would eat my arm. I didn't cheat once tho. So terrified of a leak. I planned my first soft meal for a week. I had refried Beans, sour cream, taco sauce, with a pinch of melted cheese. You'da thought I was eating steak and lobster. Best meal ever.

If ur dr approves purees week 2, ur a lucky girl! had no pre op diet so my dr punished me afterwards instead! Just kidding. No punishment involved (at least thats what he would say)...

Good luck!

Hi...thanks for your reply...I'm going to go over all my material again...I have an app with my NUT this coming Thursday. .I don't want a leak issue and I'm sort of nervous about starting next phase. I'm home from work 2 more weeks! Need to keep myself real busy I guess:)

Also that meal you spoke about is the meal I'm dreaming about...lol

I was on liquid for two days in the hospital. Then purees immediately upon getting home. Total time for purees was about a week. Then I was on soft solids for a month, then okayed for general diet after that. Purees were the worst. Everything pureed was awful. I also was not hungry at all the first three weeks. But that changed on soft solids.

3 days Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full, 2 weeks pureed and 2 weeks soft fir me. In week 2 of pureed.

My first phase was a month long, which included liquids, purees/mushes and soft proteins; after that, anything was fair game as tolerated with the general rule throughout being to test new foods for tolerance one at a time.

Came home third day on full liquids. At week 11/2 I started purees. At 2 1/2 went to soft foods, and at four weeks started cautiously on well-chewed regular foods. My first normal food was Wendy's Chili on the way home from the doctor's office for my one-month visit. There have been no problems.

Three days on Clear Liquids followed by two weeks on full liquids. After that comes soft solids until I'm advanced at my three month post-op appointment. My plan dropped the puree stage because apparently nobody was following it.

Came home third day on full liquids. At week 11/2 I started purees. At 2 1/2 went to soft foods, and at four weeks started cautiously on well-chewed regular foods. My first normal food was Wendy's Chili on the way home from the doctor's office for my one-month visit. There have been no problems.

I tell you that chilli is like a dream coming true

My phase 1 was 48 hrs...went home on phase 2..was on phase 2 for 2 wks..an so on...

My initial instructions said liquid diet post-op for 2 weeks.

At my 10-day post-op meeting, the P.A. advanced me to purees and said to experiement slowly with soft foods "as tolerated."

Tomorrow I'll be four weeks post-op, and I'm now eating lots of purees and some soft foods, e.g., chicken salad, refried Beans, cheese, omelettes, steamed salmon, beef chili, yogurt, a Protein shake a day, a few small bites of veggies occasionally, some toast (with chicken salad) and even had half a little sausage last night.

The volume of food tolerated at a sitting ranges from 2 to 4 ounces, depending on the food and "just how my tummy feels at the moment."

I haven't thrown up even once. I'm eating 3 meals and 1 snack a day. Am getting close to 80 grams of Protein in at this point.

Onward and downward. :)

I'm on liquids only for three weeks. Technically 3 weeks 4 days since that's when my follow-up appointment is. Then I'll be moved to soft foods. I skip the puree phase but spend a long time on liquids and my liquid phase does not include Jello or even Popsicles, it's strictly shakes, broth and zero calorie drinks. BUT I get to have coffee which it seems like most people don't. It's so crazy how different the pre and post-op diets are across the country!

Two week full liquid pre-op. Two week clear liquid post-op. (Surgery was 9/10.) Two more weeks pureed, then I think it's a month of soft. I have had no desire for food until today. Now I can't stop thinking of fried chicken :( Gotta cut that out!

I'm on liquid for 3 weeks then puree food for 2 weeks then slowly add in soft foods. Doing ok on liquid better than just shakes have those in between meals.