Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have always been obese and I feel being this way has prevented me from success. Its also made me a bit socially awkward. I never regretted anything life but as my Oct 1 surgery date approaches I regret not doing anything worthwhile. Why didnt I study nursing? Why didnt I join the army? Why cant I climb Mt. Everest?

I am married and a mother. My child is the best thing thats ever happened to me but I feel like such a loser lately. I want to use this life changing surgery for the best but its putting me on an emotional rollercoaster.

I just needed a place to rant and rave.

Hi you will see that once you have your surgery your feelings changes as well as your want and needs, I know that things that I have never tried I do now, I am a gym junkie now and who would ever have thought that. You can still pursue a new job rather it be nursing or something different . Congrats on your choice to be healthy. I know I am almost 4 months post opt and I went from a size 3x to a large, stay focus the new you is so worth it, good luck and keep us posted.

I do not know what age you are but as I got older my perspective as to what is worthwhile changed. When you look back on your life you will see what amazing things you did do , maybe not award worthy or what other's may consider spectacular but things that enriched your life. When you lose weight after your surgery you will be able to enjoy even more of these worthwhile but non spectacular things with your loved ones. Simple but enormous at the same time. Congratulate yourself for wanting to change and committing to a new life style but also embrace who you are now and what you have done.

I have always been obese and I feel being this way has prevented me from success. Its also made me a bit socially awkward. I never regretted anything life but as my Oct 1 surgery date approaches I regret not doing anything worthwhile. Why didnt I study nursing? Why didnt I join the army? Why cant I climb Mt. Everest?

I am married and a mother. My child is the best thing thats ever happened to me but I feel like such a loser lately. I want to use this life changing surgery for the best but its putting me on an emotional rollercoaster.

I just needed a place to rant and rave.

When I read this it brought a tear to my eye. I feel the same way! At least we are doing something worthwhile now by having WLS. The sky will be the limit and we will be the Captain's, so cheers and good luck!! Here is to the great wide open, I cant wait.

Its never too late to follow your dreams and everything you have accomplished and experienced up to now gives you a foundation for what lies ahead.

thank you for your warm thoughts folks. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

I cant wait to lose this fat suit. There are so many things Ive wanted to try and havent because of my weight and being too embarrassed.

Trying to stay positive. I cant wait to try indoor rock climbing, I can take my son too! http://www.climbhangar18.com/

Will keep u updated and upload photos soon

I'm 10 months out and doing things I never imagined I would go!

I went on an alpine slide this summer and i had to ride up on a ski lift! 70 pounds ago, I wouldn't have done it.

I work out a the gym and the other day someone asked me a health question. Seriously?

I talk to people I don't know. A year ago I was almost a shut-in. I rarely left the house and rarely spoke to people. I now strike up conversations with people at the grocery store and I find that people talk to me more now as well.

I go to a hot yoga class every day - if you would have told me a year ago I was even going to attempt hot yoga, I would have laughed.

A whole new world has opened up for me - this surgery and the subsequent weight loss is helping me become that person I was supposed to be. I have gained confidence, I have a better relationship with my husband and son, I have reacquainted myself with friends that I shut out over the years, I'm trying new things.

For me, this surgery was not only a life-changer, it was a life saver!

Your Life's Not Over Yet!...

Take it one day at a time, One step at a time.

Don't just put your hands down and call yourself defeated thing's will fall into place if you let them.

@@McButterpants now thats LIVING! thank you

Edited by mercy96

You and only you can place limitations on your life. It is never too late and it is time to fly. There's a small person in your life who will do what you do, not what you say. You can do this!

Btw, there's a huge nursing shortage and nurses are paid very well. If that's what you wanted to be when you "grew up", there's no time like present. =)

I have the same thoughts. I'm not married prob in part to my weight. Never felt secure even when thin, never pursued my education or my dream job... Never got to have a partner in life but I do have my wonderful son. Now I feel guilty that I couldn't do it for him any other way. What if something happens to me? How selfish ... But I have to for me so I can finally start to live and be happy !

It is never too late to do those things you regret not doing. I left a mean ol' rotten abuser in the Spring of 2005, and left that state. By the Fall, I had enrolled in college and went back to school to finish the business degree I left behind in 1972! In January 2009, I graduated with a 3.75 GPA and Bachelor's Degree in Business Management. I was age 57 when I finished.

If there is something you would like to do if you were happier and healthier, then you have taken the next right step by scheduling your surgry (I mean your new birthday). You have a cheering section here on the forum, so go for it!!!!!!!

@@BitterSweet* time to fly October 1st! I do wish to go back to school! Do you have a surgery date?

@@Miss Mac my new birthday...yes!

@@happymama2014 guilty for having surgery? No way, your son and your health are the reasons you and I are having this surgery!