Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 9/6/14 w/ Dr. Alejandro Lopez Tj, Mexico

Ok this was my experience: I had surgery in TJ Mexico (best decision ever for me)! On Friday 9/5/14 I arrived to San Diego and taken to TJ Marriott then later we did a group tour which was great and met post op patients, had surgery 9/6/14 with 2 others that day, it was at a med spa hospital wow very upscale and got VIP treatment even my husband loved the service (they spoiled him)! Had surgery around 9:30am and dont really know what time I got out my husband says about 1.5 hours and woke up with blankets on me in a recoop. area didn't really feel pain or anything just needed to cough (sore throat) a few hours later was put in a private room and asked if I wanted to walk or felt ready I did about 5 -10 min then sat down on bed a bit laid and walked around off and on that night but did feel like I want to vomit but it was actually gas (burps) what helped me was ice chips when I had little moister in mouth I burped and it helped. Next morning they took me to 2 level to be were my husband slept (look like a modern NY style hotel room) that whole day I walked sat out in the center entailment/lunch room with out patients and chatted a bit or watched movies but mainly walk or sit on my room watching tv on lounge chair. Nurses changed my bandages after my shower and had some good broths and juice, really taken care of and felt comfortable. Next day early 9am got my leak test and all was great! I felt little sore I won't deny that but no pain at all I could stand. We then by my request we taken back to San Diego were we rented a car and did tourist thing went to beaches and to a great Phò shop for my broth (yumm)! Flew back next morning to Dallas and I am now 7 days post op and feeling good although I did leave work early cause my office chair is hard to move in! Last night I walked 1 mile and night before also but felt lots of gas release which helped me sleep perfect all night for the first time since op.

Dr. Alejandro Lopez and team are so worth it even if a little (not much) pricier then the others but can't compare his new Med Spa location to anyone else's! Going back to this Med Spa for Mommy makeover for certain! I'm still on liquids but maybe mid week will phase off the next stage! I'm getting about 30-40 oz of Water and 40-50 of Protein! Taking liquid vitamins (iron, Calcium, multi, B and D). So wish I had done this years ago I'm just happy I stop believing I loved my self just as I was although inside me hated when I saw weight restrictions stopping me from enjoying fun with my son and husband! :-) post-233735-14105361596374_thumb.jpg

I'm so happy for you and a little envious at the same time. I've been on a roller coaster ride of appointments for one thing or another since June. I haven't got a surgery date yet...hopefully it'll be this year. My surgery will be here in California. I can't wait to become a loser...lol. The ten day pre op liquid diet scares me a little, but it's going to be worth it. Good luck on your new journey!

I have my appointment scheduled with Dr. Lopez in TJ on 11/3/14. I'm nervous and excited! Please keep us updated with your progress!

May I know what his price is ???

$4,500

FabNewMe, I too had Dr. Lopez but in Puerto Vallarta. The experience was amazing. I did have to got back into the hospital for fluids & pain relievers (Hiatus Hernia was painful, no pain related to the sleeve) but the way I way treated by all the staff was amazing ! you mentioned a "Mommy makeover" and going back to him, does he do plastic surgery??? I would go to him in a heartbeat for that if he did. Puerto Vallarta's hospital sounds a little older than TJ's but regardless it was clean and well looked after, I have no complaints. The hotel "sunset" Marriott was gorgeous !!

Glad to hear you are feeling so well !!! I too wish I had done this years & pounds ago !!

Cheers !

FabNewMe, I too had Dr. Lopez but in Puerto Vallarta. The experience was amazing. I did have to got back into the hospital for fluids & pain relievers (Hiatus Hernia was painful, no pain related to the sleeve) but the way I way treated by all the staff was amazing ! you mentioned a "Mommy makeover" and going back to him, does he do plastic surgery??? I would go to him in a heartbeat for that if he did. Puerto Vallarta's hospital sounds a little older than TJ's but regardless it was clean and well looked after, I have no complaints. The hotel "sunset" Marriott was gorgeous !!

Glad to hear you are feeling so well !!! I too wish I had done this years & pounds ago !!

Cheers !

Hi love, great to hear another Dr. Lopez patient is here! He doesn't do Plastic Surgery but at the new place he is OP from in TJ it is fabulous it's called Vida Med Spa or Vida Med Spa Hospital they have the best PS around I met a few repeat patience of the place and they gave me more confidence to go back there! How long ago did your have surgery?

Hey there, I had my surgery July 15th this year. It has been a real learning experience so far. It has had its ups & downs for sure. I think my hernia repair has caused most of the challenges I have experienced but I have learned the hard way that if I get my fluids in (first priority) then I feel much better. My record is 5 glasses of Water but I work at it everyday and it gets easier each day. Protein is another thing but I have also learned that when I eat 3 meals even if they are only 1-2 oz each I also feel better! So basically, old problems of not taking time to look after me (I used to not eat all day long) are still a problem but I am working each day on it........... I know plastic surgery is going to be in my future but not here in Canada as I don't have 10's of thousands of dollars lying around ! but I would go to Mexico in a heartbeat.

Sounds like you are doing great, keep at it !!!

Hey there, I had my surgery July 15th this year. It has been a real learning experience so far. It has had its ups & downs for sure. I think my hernia repair has caused most of the challenges I have experienced but I have learned the hard way that if I get my fluids in (first priority) then I feel much better. My record is 5 glasses of Water but I work at it everyday and it gets easier each day. Protein is another thing but I have also learned that when I eat 3 meals even if they are only 1-2 oz each I also feel better! So basically, old problems of not taking time to look after me (I used to not eat all day long) are still a problem but I am working each day on it........... I know plastic surgery is going to be in my future but not here in Canada as I don't have 10's of thousands of dollars lying around ! but I would go to Mexico in a heartbeat.

Hey SherriPark do you have a weilos account it's great and so inspiring and you can follow people! If you do look me up plz FabNewMe :-)

Hey SherriPark do you have a weilos account it's great and so inspiring and you can follow people! If you do look me up plz FabNewMe :-)