Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was sleeved on 9/24 At my heaviest I am down 177 pounds and since surgery 75 pounds. Would have been more but I have not made many good choices this summer. Now that summer is over and hopefully weather cooler I need to walk more and make better food choices. At least I haven't gained weight.

Wow!!????

One year anniversary today!! Still trying to lose about 20 more but very happy! Congrats everyone!!post-224387-14414205684097_thumb.jpg

was sleeved on 9/24 At my heaviest I am down 177 pounds and since surgery 75 pounds. Would have been more but I have not made many good choices this summer. Now that summer is over and hopefully weather cooler I need to walk more and make better food choices. At least I haven't gained weight.

Oops I meant 107 pounds, probably should have checked first. Wish it was 177 pounds

1 year post op today!!! down 125lbs. a few more to get to my original goal. life is great. new lease on life!!!

What a journey! Not saying it has been easy but it has definitely been worth it!

Here is my one year anniversary before and afters. Total loss 107 lbs.

post-235701-0-74509900-1442087238_thumb.jpg

post-235701-0-18772800-1442087246_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3Pugaliers

So today is my one year "surgiversary." I am a tad disappointed as I didn't reach my goal weight of 150, but I'm still down 125 from the morning of my surgery! I am hoping to hit goal by Christmas. I am overall ecstatic with my results so far, but I have a couple unexpected complaints that I'm wondering if anyone else has:

I can't carry anything heavy on my shoulders like a heavy purse or bag because I have absolutely no fat padding on my shoulders anymore. If you were to look at me from the waist up (not including the arms/breasts because of the excess skin), I look like I'm anorexic, but if you see my hips and thighs, I still look over weight. Gravity has not been kind to me during this process, LOL ;)

And; this may be TMI, so don't read this paragraph if you are squeamish, but when I sit, I feel like I am sitting on something, like rolled up towels. It took me forever to figure out why I get this feeling because I keep checking and I'm never sitting on anything. It's the excess skin on my butt! LOL Also, and this is really TMI, but it's actually harder to clean my bottom because of it. I do want to eventually get a lower body lift, but I want to see if I can hit my goal and maintain it a while first.

Overall, I am overjoyed with the results I have attained and am so glad that I got the surgery done!

Good to hear how well everyone has done over the past year. I have lost 129lb since my heaviest and am feeling great. My quality of life is so much better now. I still have a little way to get to goaL, but I had my 12 month check-up with my bariatric practitioner and he advised me not to lose too much more. In fact he said if I lost more than another 10lb over the next six months to go back and talk to them about it. He also said that the excess skin kind of causes the BMI to be overstated in terms of an indicator of health and that losing a lot of weight too fast can put a strain on your heart (I am coming up to 65 and have other health issues). I would like to lose that much though as I have some very nice coats and jackets that I can nearly get back into!

S.w248 c.w 165. 5'2 I was sleeved on 9/24/15

Sleeved 9/23 , have lost 100lbs , don't know if I'm doing the pics correct..

post-232750-14432492272217_thumb.jpg

post-232750-14432493090259_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, Hard to believe it has been a year since my surgery. Starting wt 295 current wt 175. I too would like to lose about 15 more pounds, but as my surgeon said that I only lost 120 lbs. He told me not to lose much more. Now it is the skin issue. I have had breast cancer and had bilateral mastectomy and need to have some fine tuning of the implants. The plastic surgeon and I talked about skin removal., now comes the battle with insurance. The sleeve was the best decision I ever made for myself. I bought a pair of skinny jeans yesterday a size 14 L. I have not been in a 14 for I don't know how long. I love the end of the month sale at Dillards when you get an additional 40% sale items. God luck everyone

Had Surgery Sept 2014 lost 70 pounds have 25 pounds to go and it's very hard I've been at my same weight for 3 months

Anyone else excited about our two year mark?