Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I need motivation! :(

You can do this! We are the same post op and it has been a struggle today for me with energy and just getting moving. Try strained cream of chicken with milk ...this seems to help fill be up when I feel really hungry. You got this!

I'm 4 weeks post-op and have lost 18 lbs since surgery yay! The only issue I'm having is that I constantly burp. Is anyone else having this problem? The nurse said I'm taking in too much air, but I'm not sure how to prevent this.

My nieces and nephews love having burping contests with me even more. Now I'm constantly belching! I swear I swallow too much air when I drink out of a bottle but I'm fine when I used to use a straw...I can't wait to use straws again!

I was sleeved September 4. My recovery has been smooth once I was discharged. It was supposed to be overnight, but when my surgeon did rounds the next morning, he said, "Nope. You're definitely not going home today." I must have looked pretty bad. I was tired. Respiratory therapy woke me up every 3 hrs around the clock for a breathing treatment. Necessary, I know, but still made me grouchy. They were giving me Morphine for the pain so I didn't wake easily & had a hard time staying awake. I'm making good progress. Already weaning off some of my meds. Down 46 lbs & am loosing inches. I wish I would have measured before surgery.

Hi Sharon...I was sleeved on 9/8 and doing pretty well....I'm down 30 lbs which Includes the 2 week pre- op...I'm back to work and having issues with the same incision site... not all the time but it's an awful pulling. Burning..ripping apart sensation..I'm did have a Tummy Tuck about 9 years ago and had a few other stomach surgeries. .but never experienced this discomfort.....I'm seeing my doc this week..I'm to did call office they said it could be scar tissue...hope you feel better soon...

Hi , All,

I was sleeved Sept 9. I am down 34lbs but feels like it should be more since I lost a lot on the preop diet. I am having terrible acid reflux the past few weeks. Waiting to see the doctor on Friday for my month checkup. Does anyone else still have reflux? I am taking a lot of Tums, but they only help a little.

I am still on a pureed diet until my appointment this week. I would love to hear what everyone is eating? I have Soup, Protein Shakes, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, etc. I try to eat 6 times each day. One of these choices,about 1/2 cup. Other than that everything else I have tried leaves me feeling really nauseous. Can't imagine what else I can eat when my doctor changes me to "soft foods" this week. What are you all eating and how often?

Three and a half weeks plug-in, and I'm feeling good. However, I am always nauseous - even the thought of Water can make me feel sick. Anyone else in this position??

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post-op for me. Today was the first day I felt normal EXCEPT any time I tried to put anything in my mouth. I get nausea all the time, but usually it's because I "forget" about my sleeve and eat/drink too quickly. This happens. Every. Freaking. Day. You'd think I would have learned by now! So, I think it's normal...unless you are actually vomiting, then dehydration is a real concern and you need to call your surgeon.

My nieces and nephews love having burping contests with me even more. Now I'm constantly belching! I swear I swallow too much air when I drink out of a bottle but I'm fine when I used to use a straw...I can't wait to use straws again!

my doctor told me that Sleeve patients should never use straws because we swallow too much air with them, you should check. I'm curious to see what ur doctor says. They seem to have quite different rules across the country.

Hi , All,

I was sleeved Sept 9. I am down 34lbs but feels like it should be more since I lost a lot on the preop diet. I am having terrible acid reflux the past few weeks. Waiting to see the doctor on Friday for my month checkup. Does anyone else still have reflux? I am taking a lot of Tums, but they only help a little.

I am still on a pureed diet until my appointment this week. I would love to hear what everyone is eating? I have Soup, Protein Shakes, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, etc. I try to eat 6 times each day. One of these choices,about 1/2 cup. Other than that everything else I have tried leaves me feeling really nauseous. Can't imagine what else I can eat when my doctor changes me to "soft foods" this week. What are you all eating and how often?

my doc put me on an antacid for 30 days post surgery . They recommend Prilosec, Prevacid , Protonix , Nexium, Dexilant or AcipHex. I am crushing a Prilosec every morning and in the late afternoon/ evening I eat 2 Tums for Calcium n haven't had any issues.

my doctor told me that Sleeve patients should never use straws because we swallow too much air with them, you should check. I'm curious to see what ur doctor says. They seem to have quite different rules across the country.

I had the straw conversation with my surgeon he is anti straw as well. But my argument is no matter what you do when you eat and drink you take air in, and in a narrow straw I will take less air in than drinking a drink out of a cup. In addition the straw prevents me from gulping liquids which for a lot of patients who aren't used to the sipping culture is a problem. With a straw I am limited on how much I drink much more than a cup does.

I won my surgeon over with my argument holding up a straw and saying this much air over unlimited air gulping what is better?

Hi everyone! Okay so I was sleeved on 9/23 . The first few days were horrible I was in so much pain, then on day 3 it was like a miracle and I felt so much better. My question/concern tho is ....I'm still on liquids, I can go to purees on thurs after I see my surgeon. The first week I was not hungry at all and had to struggle to get 1 Protein Shake in a day! But now I notice I feel hungry more! And idk if that's normal?! I have been exercising and I don't eat anything solid so I'm just thinking maybe the swelling in my tummy has gone down and once i start purees and get more solid things in my tummy I'll feel full longer. I can only eat 2-4 ounces at a time , but I read that some can barely get 2! And I can usually Get 4! I'm just nervous it didn't work or something lol. Thanks in advance!

I had the straw conversation with my surgeon he is anti straw as well. But my argument is no matter what you do when you eat and drink you take air in, and in a narrow straw I will take less air in than drinking a drink out of a cup. In addition the straw prevents me from gulping liquids which for a lot of patients who aren't used to the sipping culture is a problem. With a straw I am limited on how much I drink much more than a cup does.

I won my surgeon over with my argument holding up a straw and saying this much air over unlimited air gulping what is better?

I agree that you argued you point wonderfully ! You convinced me... Lol

Hi everyone! Okay so I was sleeved on 9/23 . The first few days were horrible I was in so much pain, then on day 3 it was like a miracle and I felt so much better. My question/concern tho is ....I'm still on liquids, I can go to purees on thurs after I see my surgeon. The first week I was not hungry at all and had to struggle to get 1 Protein Shake in a day! But now I notice I feel hungry more! And idk if that's normal?! I have been exercising and I don't eat anything solid so I'm just thinking maybe the swelling in my tummy has gone down and once i start purees and get more solid things in my tummy I'll feel full longer. I can only eat 2-4 ounces at a time , but I read that some can barely get 2! And I can usually Get 4! I'm just nervous it didn't work or something lol. Thanks in advance!

I was also sleeved 9/23. I was clear liquids for a week after and literally thought I might be dying a slow death. When I called my surgeon they moved me to full liquid a day early and I felt so much better. Now I am on puréed or soft food and trust me you will feel full!!! Hang in there!!

Thank u so much for the reassurance! I Just needed to feel like I wasn't alone! Lol

I was also sleeved 9/23. I was Clear Liquids for a week after and literally thought I might be dying a slow death. When I called my surgeon they moved me to full liquid a day early and I felt so much better. Now I am on puréed or soft food and trust me you will feel full!!! Hang in there!!