Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

This is a program written by my doc at Center for Weight Lose Success. I've attached the link below where you can see options for joining. I don't know how it's offered to long distance members but you can read. Or you may find something with your own doctor.

Where do we find Weight Loss University?

Thanks

http://cfwls.com/non-surgical-weight-loss/weight-management-university/

It's expensive--I paid $997 for the year and I'm frugal enough to get my money's worth out of this.

The CFWLS also has a store that sells Protein products. You're not required or coached to buy from them other than an introduction and a good handfull of samples in the surgery orientation session. I researched their pricing vs Amazon and found them comparable. I've been glad to have the samples, found some good and bad stuff. As a good customer I have no issue with asking for additional samples.

Edited by Pictou

Had surgery on September 4th. Just had my one month follow-up today (albeit, 4 days shy of 30 days) and I'm down 32 pounds.

For anyone who had surgery around my time frame what are you eating now?

@@champ72 I had surgery the same day. I'm starting real food. Had some shredded roast beef today (my dad had knee surgery today and want eating his food). I only had a few bites, but I chewed it forever. It was great!

Sleeved on 9/24 and after 1st night feeling fine. Did 60g of Protein and about 32oz of liquids today Have follow-up doctors appointment tomorrow. Hoping to move beyond Clear Liquids

What's up friends. Glad to find this forum. I have to say, I'm sort of rockin' this whole thing so far. Wounds healing great, down 10 pounds since surgery morning (28 since deciding to do it). My surgery was a week ago today, and I'm hitting the Soups and yogurt, even though I'm still not quite hitting the Protein goals. Coming close. Stopped all pain meds, walking at least a mile a day, and feeling pretty awesome. Missing food for sure, but it's mostly mental. Hard to see pizza commercials during football games and not want some!

Definitely watching this forum and others for soft food ideas. I travel for work a lot, so I need to start recognizing food possibilities. Can't live on yogurt alone on the road, or I'll be miserable.

Hoping the best for each of you.

I had surgery on 9/10. Whenever I eat or drink I get a pretty decent cramp in my stomach. It passes as I eat or drink, but it is very unpleasant. Anyone else get this or know how long I will be going through it??

@@ColoradoTJS you sound like me! Though idk how much I've lost so far...I don't weigh myself. I didn't take any pain meds after I left recovery in the hospital. I feel bad for those that are having such a tough time. ..

@@mamaofmatthew yes I have pain every time I eat or drink. It's very discouraging and nope doesn't last long but it's uncomfortable for a little bit. I just keep hoping it will get better.

Edited by nikkycoly

Now that I just jinxed myself. I am having an issue eating cauliflower. It has made me nauseous 3 times now, and this time I got sick. Ugh!

I was sleeved 9/10 and I've been doing really good. Going to the gym going to start walking at lunch since the fire is contained and I can breathe. Haven't weighed myself yet but getting into old clothes. Get to start puree foods this week. I didn't have any gas pain. Did have one dumping ate oatmeal from cafe down stairs at work won't do that again.

Hello fellow sleevers???? so i was just wondering i know many are checking the scale daily. What are some of you doing? Myself just waiting for my appts and in the interim ive been doing measurements and going by clothes getting bigger. I just dont want to become obsessed with the scale. After all, all of this work is ultimately for a healthier me. Yet of course its nice to see the scale going down????????????

Back at work today. Chair is not great... A little pain but nothing too bad. Every day gets a bit better. :)

Hey guys..

I was sleeved in 9/11 .. And I have question .

How to know if my surgeon cut enough portion of my stomach?

I drink a lot of fluids and I don't feel full!! Also today I ate 6 tablespoons of rice and I was feeling good .

Anybody know anything about this?

Well, I've never posted to a blog before, but this was a tough day for me. It have felt depressed, wondering if I done the right thing. I remember waking up after surgery last Tuesday thinking the same thing. I did great on my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I actually lost 8 lbs. the most difficult thing is getting in the Protein. Between sf Popsicles, Jello, Water, and broth, I'm good on liquids. Just trying to hang in there until Wednesday. I am able to progress to full liquids/puréed foods. I feel sure protein won't be an issue then. I am still having feelings of fullness. I need to walk more tomorrow. This should help. I must say, this surgery was much harder than I anticipated. Thought it might be like gallbladder removal. Not the case. Well, enough rambling. I enjoy reading everyone's experiences. Take care!

Sleeved on 9-18. I feel blessed. The roughest part for me was being nauseous. It lasted over 24 hours. I’m in my forties and I am taking it very slow. I figure that the more time I give my stomach to heal the better off I’ll be. So I am still on full fluids. It can’t hurt anything. But I expect to be on pureed foods after I see my Doctor on Wednesday. I have the good fortune to be able to work some from home. So I have rested as much as I can. This has been my “vacation”. Because work sees this as an elective surgery they did not allow sick time to be taken. This will eventually work to their favor anyway. But I’m not complaining. I love my job and the majority of my surgery was picked up by insurance. I feel like a winner over all.

AngelaAM, I don't think depression is an unusual emotion. I remember my mother and father telling my at different times to hang in there. I guess they could hear the depression in my voice. Hang in there. If it doesn't get better soon bring it up with your doctor. They can help. :-)