Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

hello was sleeved on 9/3 very slow going still on full liquids

slept on my stomach last night for first time

@theblissfulnatural. I was sleeved 9/15/14 and I had a horrible first two weeks. Gassy, couldn't take the Protein well and always tired. Today I feel better even though I still feel achy and tired but nothing like the first few days. .I've read about people who hardly go through anything after surgery. I was not so lucky but it does get a lot better. Just follow your MDs instructions. Good luck!

I gained 3 lbs wtf lol I haven't weighed myself since first getting out of the hospital and wth so frustrating. I'm not gonna think about it too much but only taking in 300 to 400 calories a day it should be shedding off.

Finally went out and bought some gas x...it helped so much. May be my new staple for awhile. Still sore here and there but much less that a few days ago. I tire easily

@@nikkycoly fear not!!! follow your plan and you will see that scale soon enough. when did you get sleeved?

9/22! I know and thanks for the reassurance. You know what they say...one day at a time ;) lol

@@vluciano93 congrats on your upcoming wedding! exercises depend on which area you fear will get loose skin! personally I would rather be down 40-50lbs on my wedding day with loose skin that tight skin +50lbs. wedding dress.... I bet you are worried about your bare arms??? (just assuming) bicep curls, tricep pull downs, check these out .

@@Rovobay thank you! :) I'm hoping my stomach loses the most weight so I want to make sure I don't have excess skin. I'm not so worried about my arms, but I'll def do some of the arm ones!! I was told I'll be losing 40lbs by the wedding

9/22! I know and thanks for the reassurance. You know what they say...one day at a time ;) lol

You might still be retaining fluids from the IV. It took me 3 days to lose the 3lbs of IV fluids I was given. So fret not! Lol

Does anyone know of some exercises to make sure I don't end up with excess skin? I think that's my worst fear!!! I'm getting married in 3 months! I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm down 19.8lbs, I'm just super worried about having excess skin!

hate to say but there is NO WAY you will be able to avoid the excess skin- and certainly not by your wedding.

you have to do months to years of weight training and muscle building in order to fill in A) the tissue under the fat and skin and B) to rebuild the stripping of muscle that occurs with this type of rapid weight loss.

anyone who has this type of rapid weight loss needs to know that you may be burning off fat but you are certainly stripping muscle that will need to be rebuilt later.

The current calorie restriction is so severe that you would be unable to realistically add muscle until you are closer to your goal weight- then add calories and start doing heavy muscle building lifting. this will take months to years and you will be unable to achieve this is 3 months and certainly not while you are in a phase of rapid weight loss with severe calorie restriction.

the only truly effective way to get rid of the excess skin will be upon reaching your goal weight and being stable and adding back some muscle- get plastic surgery- pannectomy, abdominoplasty, arm or thigh lift- whatever you need at the time

congratulations onyour upcoming wedding! Enjoy!

@@RBS thank you for your input!! I appreciate it!!! :)

Well, tomorrow is my day - will be in surgery for my sleeve at noon. To say that I am still having second thoughts is an understatement but no matter how often I review the list of plus and minuses, the POSSIBILITY of my well controlled diabetes becoming almost no diabetes still tilts the scale to having the surgery, not to mention my sleep apnea and HBP.

Of course none of those things going away is guaranteed but I have a shot at it happening as well as the surgery helping me go the rest of the way to my weight loss.

I am tired of fighting the obesity battle, and this type will arm myself with every tool I can. I know that I will be back here tomorrow or the next day asking you all, WHY DID I DO THIS?. I am counting on you all to remind me of what I said right here tonight.

Sorry, wrong thread, I guess, by about 24 hours : (

Three weeks out as of Wed and doing really well. Am eating solid but mushy moist food with no problems of any kind....poached egg and cheese, tuna and mayo and egg, turkey meatball with cooked cottage cheese. Teeny tiny bites! Feeling almost normal! Back to work tomorrow. Last hurdle: want to sleep on my stomach! :)

Secrets, God bless you tomorrow! It won't be fun at all but just sip that Water and sleep all you can! Sleep, sleep, sleep! Take those pain meds! You will get through it and be happy! I am down almost 30 pounds between pre op and post op. Congratulations!! :)