Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting 5:2 and no scale this week

This is why I only weigh on Fridays and that's after one of my fasting days and I never way over the weekend or just the day after the weekend.

@ just watch me I hear you , I have gained & lost & gained since I have been off of work since July do to medical issues but the clothes sizes are still coming off , I am starting back to work so I will be doing this & not even think about it because I don't have time to do anything when I am working I usually eat once a day when I am working , so back on track we go.

i think it's normal to have some gains on this journey i think we all need to remind ourselves this is our lifestyle now not a diet and letting go once in a while is good for the soul... i spent a week in Ireland eating/drinking.. and then went out also over this last weekend. i have a gain but i'm not going to let it define me the way i used to.

I have the tools now and knowledge to remedy it back on the 5.2 it's going to be a long Monday while my body remembers the new norm happy Monday :D

Well I am happy to report that I did my 5:2 diet today and I survived LOL!!! It was not bad at all , definitely I will do it again Thursday,I counted my calories and drink my Water , I did not eat until 2 pm I drink a shake and at 6 I eat my dinner tilapia and garden salad, I also drink tea without sugar, hopefully will start loosing again, time will tell !!!!!:))

Today wasn't as difficult for me as I expected. I had no head hunger at all and just mild normal hunger late this evening. Having my lunch on fasting days at 1pm helps. Tomorrow is a band check with my surgeon's office. This will be the first time I'm not getting a fill since my fills began. I believe I'm in the green zone. With the 5:2 program I notice more pronounced restriction after fasting days. I'm interpreting that as a good fill level.

This Monday and Thursday "reset" is working for me. I feel good the following morning and not ravenous as I would have expected.

I'll see what my NP has to say tomorrow. And hopefully a pound or two of my weekend gain will have come off by then as well.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Full disclosure. I weighed today. I wanted to see if that weekend gain dropped a bit before heading into the doctor's office this afternoon. Also, my doctor's scale and mine are always half a pound apart and I wanted to know what today looked like before I went in. So I lost three of the four I gained over the happy weekend. I'll take it. Hopefully by the end of this week the rest will be gone as well as some progress. I really want to see Onederland ! One of my daughters told me she's not coming home for fall break after all. That bummed me out yesterday. But my older daughter is coming home and we will have a little time together between her other commitments over those four days. That's a week and a half away. I wanted to be at my mini goal by then.

That's it for now. Have a great day, everyone!

It seems to be working with me being back at work, , I already lost 3 more lbs I'll take that if it keeps going that way( down) , then I will make it to goal but with my thyroid you never know .

wish i'd foun@@JustWatchMe where do you get the shake packets? i've been looking for soemthing like this for a while now. and with a 14hr flight coming up on my badaversay i want to be able to take some shakes with me for it but was worried about how crazy i would look with power in zip log bags.. hadn't quite figure out how to explain that one :)

Hi! This might be a crazy thought but when i read this i couldnt help thinking of babies formula dividers.. They are like little storage pots with divided sections on the inside so that you can have single portions of baby (or Protein? !?! Lol) powder in them and easily pour into your Water on the go :-)

Edited by F_it

Good morning everyone

Today is Thursday fasting day, ready with my 500 calories starting at 2 pm :), thanks munchfun bacause I saw you post for this site and because of that It help me to go back on track , my hunger and my cravings calm down a lot and I already lost 2 pounds it is more easy for us with our band good luck everyone with your fasting today :)))

Good morning everyone

Today is Thursday fasting day, ready with my 500 calories starting at 2 pm :), thanks munchfun bacause I saw you post for this site and because of that It help me to go back on track , my hunger and my cravings calm down a lot and I already lost 2 pounds it is more easy for us with our band good luck everyone with your fasting today :)))

I agree. Seems like this interval fasting lifestyle fits very well with we Bandster lifestyles. It's basically missing Breakfast 2-3 times a week and a Protein Shake for lunch. Many of us have been doing this for months or years already. So tweaking it just a little was easy for me.

One more item? I'd also encourage people to exercise or walk sometime between breakfast and lunch. Our bodies have probably used up it's storage of glucose(carbs for energy), so the exercise should cause our bodies to burn fat for this energy. Also, if you do exercise most of us will have at least one hour of anorexia(no hunger) which is a bonus. Consuming a Protein shake as or with your lunch will also insure that your body won't turn on and burn muscle as fuel.

tmf

Just a note. I told my fill nurse about 5:2 and she had not heard of it. But she said it sounds ok the way I'm doing it and if it's working for me keep going. I didn't get a fill this time because I think I'm in the green. I'll see her next on December 2.

I agree with tmf and I will try to get in some extra walking on my fasting days.

Thanks for all the info, im going to be doing some reading and prepping to try this strategy out!

ahh i forgot my shakes i'm sitting here at work not yet hungry - but i can feel it creeping up on my any suggestions on what to do i want this to be a good fast day. i stopped eating at 8.30 yesterday so it's already been 14plus hrs and wanted to have a shake at lunch then a small egg white omelet when i got home to finish up the day.

i'd go buy a pre made shake at walgreens but they are never chilled there and i have to drink mine cold :(......

ok sob over back to work perhaps i can just make it till it get home.

@@intelirish maybe just grab a pk of almonds somewhere eat a few & hopefully it tides you over for a while.