Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just called Aetna. They received my paperwork last week and it was entered in their system today. Could take up to 15 days. I hope it's sooner. I'm supposed to start my 10 day liquid diet Monday. I don't want to start it for no reason and then again I don't want to delay things if I am approved. Ugh.

Def start it! You don't wanna be delayed if it is approved. Mine took the whole 15 days, but U never know! Keep calling and checking!

Fingers crossed that UR approved!

Keep us posted!

michellew1,

I am SO happy for you! I also have Aetna and have one more weigh-in to go. Following this thread has been extremely stressful for me as my final weigh-in gets closer and closer. A week after the weigh-in, I see the surgeon to make sure everything is done before it's sent to Aetna. After reading your story, I am very much toeing the line diet wise and will until the day of surgery! Good luck to you and hopefully I won't be too far behind you!

This insurance stuff is stressful!

Def start it! You don't wanna be delayed if it is approved. Mine took the whole 15 days, but U never know! Keep calling and checking!

Fingers crossed that UR approved!

Keep us posted!

My poor husband. I am stressed already waiting for the news from Aetna. Then add hunger and stress of a strict liquid diet. He might have to hide!

My poor husband. I am stressed already waiting for the news from Aetna. Then add hunger and stress of a strict liquid diet. He might have to hide!

Lol yeahhhh, it's gonna be tough, but U got this!! Keep ur head up and stay positive!! And just take deep breaths lol it'll all be good!

Lol yeahhhh, it's gonna be tough, but U got this!! Keep ur head up and stay positive!! And just take deep breaths lol it'll all be good!

Thank you :-)

Just called Aetna...APPROVED!!!

I started the 10 day liquid diet today. Surgery next Thursday the 13th.

This has been interesting and confusing to read. I know Aetna as different types of policies but I thought all their plans called for a net loss. I made the mistake of losing 10 pounds before my first PCP visit. I have had 5 weigh ins since with all being small losses..which is what I wanted. Unfortunately I am having hip replacement surgery next month before final weigh in. It is highly doubtful I will have any loss due to enormous swelling as well as weight of metal implant. My pcp assured me this could be justified for insurance compliance" . Due to the surgery my initial date will be set back for at least two months so I will end up with a total of 9 weigh ins. Crossing my fingers

Just called Aetna...APPROVED!!!

I started the 10 day liquid diet today. Surgery next Thursday the 13th.

I am so happy for you. Good luck and keep us posted. How is the liquid diet going for you?

@@Crosby

It is definitely confusing. According to my plan it just says a net loss. I was just so nervous with all these people who were denied. Aetna is strict but sounds like your doctor office is on top of things! Good luck!

That does suck. I just finished my 6 months in october and all my paperwork is suppose to be submitted this week. When I first started I went to my initial visit with the bariatric clinic and then 1 week later I started my6 months and I had gain 2 pounds from their office to my docs. Since then I have lost 37 pounds so I really hope that they don't deny me. Hang in there and fight this. you can do it

I never heard you had to weigh less at EACH weigh in. I thought it was just first and last. I have Aetna as well and Im hoping thus isnt the case. I gained 1 pound at my 3rd weigh in but lost 9 overall....hmmm. Now im even more nervous

I gained two times during the 3 months. I did have a net loss. I don't know why some people get denied. The paperwork I saw from Aetna said that it was only a net loss. It did make the wait for approval more stressful but I would rather know what I am up against.