Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

Hi everyone praying everyone is still doing great on there journey. Just wanted to ask some of ya a question and I will tell ya why I am asking it. Are some of ya still having restriction in eating food. I still am some food the dense one I can only eat couple of bites. I know this person who had the surgery about 6 month before me well she gain some of her weight back she ask me how I am keeping my weight off I told her that I can't and even if I could wouldn't over eat. That the surgery was a tool and a journey, that she has to check her intake of food and the kind of food she is eating. Its hard for me to understand how she is able to eat more than 4 oz of food I still can't. Plus I workout 3-4 days a week still working on my Water intake.

It sounds like she learned how to work around her sleeve. It's very easy to eat enough calories to gain weight. If she's eating slider foods and drinking her calories. I can eat half a bag of chips (I havnt) but I can only eat 1-2 oz of chicken. and if she's drinking alot of specialty coffees. Those are like 600 calories each! Thank god I never liked coffee. Also, if she's grazing then she can get in more than she realizes.

Grazing and snacking has been my biggest challenge as well. I can't eat very much at any one sitting, which is great, but I have to be careful not to allow myself to eat too often.

Otherwise, everything's going great. :)

Omg i wanna cry right now but reading the last comments made me understand what is going on with me. I too gained weight back and to make matters worst it seem like nothing i tried help. And bingo there it is.... NO MORE coffee for me. Yes im crying almost near depression

I totally feel you. I haven't gained but that scale hasn't moved either. I do notice the inches lost too. On top of that, I am going through a lot of hormonal issues. I just want junk junk junk. Terrible mood swongs and Water retention. I feel like a stuffed pig today,smh.I really had to check myself and realize that I have a problem. I feel very disappointed because I went through this surgery only yo mess up. No No No, its still a work in progress for us and just don't give up. Keep bouncing back and move forward.

I would rather snack than eat a meal and I know this sends me in the opposite direction.I decided to add more veggies yo my meals,especially salads. I love salads with a little of this and a little of that. Lately I have been eating trail mix which I know is not the healthiest. I try to stay within the serving size which is 1\4 cup. It is good because I will have it as a topping for my yogurt treat. I am still trying. A work in progress

I snacked on pistachios and almonds yesterday....way too many... and that led to a 3 oreo binge before bed!!! It's been 11 months since I've had a cookie... and I don't even really like them :( Oh well, today is a new day. I hope everyone is doing well.

I was operated on August 18, and I've got one pound to go before reaching goal.

Since Month 7 I've been eating about 1200 cals/day and around 100 grams of Protein a day. I eat about 100 grams of (healthy) carbs daily.

Month 7 I lost 6.2 pounds. Month 8 I lost 4.4 pounds. The weight loss is slowing down. And that's fine with me.

I wish everyone the very best on this journey that will never end.

I have my follow up with my surgeon today. I'm SO nervous about what he will say about my weight loss. I've been doing pretty good since I last saw him. Lost an additional 24 lbs.... but then woke up this morning and had GAINED 10! I know it's Water weight (a sure sign of my monthly friend coming) but that will just sound like an excuse to him. :(

Hello Fellow Sleevers,

It is good to know everyone is doing good. Please remember this is a work in progress. We will gain here and there and lose it. My surgeon did not give me a goal weight. I set my goal for a size 10. I am almost there. I do snack and drink my coffee every day. I drink a cup of coffee a day with 2tbs of Creamer. I use myfitnesspal to track my intake; therefore, my Snacks count. When someone offers me a snack I use myfitnesspal scanner to check for calories etc. I do Portion Control as well. Rather than having a big bar of twix, I go for the mini size. I exercise 5-6 days a week. My nut said to eat 1200 cals a day. On days that I do weight training, am able to eat 1200 cals. I eat minimum of 100g of Protein a day. I wish everyone the best. This is a life style change.

Month 9 was a slow one for me, only 4 pounds lost :(

The 9th month has also been slow for me too 2-4lbs.

Hello Sleevers,

Although I am continuing to loose pounds & inches, I am having the hardest time getting in 60-80 grams of Protein. I simply do not have the urge to eat anything and even when I drink, I get the fullness feeling very quickly.

Does anyone have suggestions? I only have about 15-20lbs left to lose for my own personal reasons. :)

Thanks,

Great to hear everyone doing great!!!!! I'm doing great also 17 lbs down from month 6-9 but fought for every pound. Anyone have any strategies to speed weight loss?

@@4grands, I have started eating Atkins frozen meals. They vary in Protein content, but most have about 26g of Protein. Atkins also has the coffee drink with 15g of protein. If you are not eating enough calories, you will not lose the weight. Hopefully you are tracking your calorie intake. Also weight training helps with losing the lbs. Make sure you get in about 100g on days when you weight lift so you can build the muscles to burn off the fat. Reading other posts here it appears some people reach their goal weight after 1 year. Just keep doing the right things and the weight will fall off. I wish you all the best.