Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 pounds away from my goal

Six weeks from my one one year anniversary, and I am 20 pounds away from my goal. What a difference almost a year has made. I am 105 pounds down since the surgery, and I have never felt better. I still catch sight of myself in a mirror and wonder who that person is. I have sagging skin, but it doesn't bother me. I play on getting a Tummy Tuck in the near future to get rid of that annoying skin that I will never get rid of with just exercise alone, but I consider that a small price to pay for my weight loss.

Shopping for clothes has become a joy. Sales clerks treat you differently... sad, but true. I often will ask for the wrong size, just because I am not used to my new body. Hard to go from a size 4x and size 24 pants, to a size 10/12. It's a major head adjustment, and I find myself still asking for the largest size they have. It is still an amazing feeling to go into a so called normal sized clothing store, and find pretty much anything to fit me. I don't know if I will ever get used to that, especially after being overweight since I was 9.

I have gone down a shoe size and a half, which I didn't expect. More than anything, I realize how much my weight kept me from doing things I wanted to do. I was imprisoned by my own body, and it irritates me that I spent too many years unhappy with myself. This surgery has been a great tool for me... because it is a tool. I still work on it every day, and I still fight to make the right choices with my eating. But without this surgery, I would never have been able to lose the weight as I have done this last year. Best decision I have ever made, and I don't have one ounce of regrets. Thank you to all my fellow sleevers for your support and encouragement through my journey. I know when I was trying to make my decision about this surgery, I surfed these boards religiously, and every success story helped to convince me that I could also do this, and succeed where I had failed before so many times. I have posted a couple of pictures to show what a different 10 months makes. Can't wait to lose that last twenty pounds. Onwards!

post-185326-0-39988800-1409781074_thumb.jpg

post-185326-0-14021600-1409781083_thumb.jpg

I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your story. You have inspired me to keep plugging away. You look amazing. Cant wait to see you at 12 months out.

Awesome job you have really done a great job keep up the work and the next 20 will melt off!

WOW!! you are an INSPIRATION to us all. Girl, I am sooo pleased to have met you and thank you for your kind, helpful and inspiring messages in deciding my own future after my experiences of being a bander. I am soooo very excited now for my consult on this Friday with Dr. Gagner and date towards a SLEEVE. This band has definitely got to go! The sooner the better. Amazing transformation girl. Well done! you took your TOOL and rocked it!!! Thank you for keeping us in the loop and I too, cannot wait to see how your gonna kill that 20 lbs!!!

Shelley

You look healthy and happy. What 20 pounds? We want be able to see you! Congrats on the journey.

You look healthy and happy. What 20 pounds? We want be able to see you! Congrats on the journey.

*won't*

Wow. Wow. Wow. And I just hafta ask: Where is the other 20 lbs that has to come off? U look fantastic! WTG!

Honestly, if I don't lose anymore I am okay with that. I just want to tone now, and become more fit. After ten months out, I continue to closely monitor my intake, and myfitness pal monitors everything I take in. I don't add on calories when I exercise.

Just grateful for every new day on this amazing journey.

Way to go Nibbles. You look fantastic! Good luck on losing the last 20 lbs :D

I find myself doing the same thing when I see my reflection in a window.