Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So hard getting enough protein

I've only been able to get about 30-40 so your ahead of me! And I've been allowed pureed since the second day. If it weren't for the liquid Protein tubes I don't think I'd even get that. Maybe you can try those.

post-208235-0-35616500-1409514227_thumb.jpeg

[ATTACH]47652[/ATTACH]

I eat things like lean meats. Fish,chicken,Turkey. All high in Protein.

eggs,Cottage cheese. are also good.

I am six months out and I get between 80 and 120 Protein a day.

I have had some days that I don't get much protein and to many carbs and those days sure do through every thing off. Even the way I feel.

Going on 10months post op and I get between 80-120 but I count my meats and fish if I eat any,..somedays are hard since I'm tired of the Protein so I vary between Protein Bars, shakes, etc

Good luck and keep it up

I always have a shake or a bar. On a good day I can get 50 grams with food alone.

im still on the liquid stage 6days post op, so my options are slim. but i use bariactric fusion powder shakes 4oz and 27g Protein i mix it with protein rich soy milk so my 4oz shake has like 33g protein. the first few days it was hard just to get my liquids in but now i dnt have much trouble. My dietitian says 60-80g of protein a day is good. it will get easier as time goes by! good luck!!!

I am having a tough time getting enough and consciously aware of it...I have good intentions to and have good Protein powders but extremely limited to what can be eaten. I'm seriously at the point of crying because I can't stand Soup with the hint of Protein Powder or shakes. I don't like broth and Jello I can't stand right now..on top of not wanting to eat past a few sips. Its difficult :( (BTW I'm 5 days post op)

Edited by amandall27

The first month is the hardest I understand the frustration I use to cry myself, felt weak I felt lost at times but trust me it will get better,..its a matter of time

I use to eat popsicles all the time or fruit bars, sugar free Jello and pudding use it helped me the first 2weeks because I couldn't stand anything pass my pouch

I use to drink the Protein in juice/crystal light since I couldn't pass Water the first weeks

*****I use to divide the scoop of Protein with the Jello and puddings******

Honestly I didn't even worry about Protein for the first five weeks. I did drink Chike ice coffee so that helped but I didn't even keep track until I hit week 6 and was released to eat everything.