Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyones diet?

I have heard that a few times. That i have a bigger diet then most. That is what scares me. Why am i able to do this? Did i do something wrong? Is my sleeve bigger then most? I just dont get it. When i go back in 9 days to the doctors office, i am going to have to find out what is going on.

wjcunni2000 - I had my surgery on Aug 5 and eat about that much, too. Usually my calorie intake is about 700 - 900 calories. If I eat cheese during the day with my turkey wrap, my calories might go to 1000. But, according to my fitness pal, if I eat 1200 calories a day I should be losing 2.5 lbs a week. That is my goal - to lose 10 pounds a month. My doctor, too, believes that we don't have to baby the stomach for too long. I started solid foods (yet soft ones) 2 weeks after my surgery. I have no problem getting in 60-80 grams of Protein a day, which is my goal. I can also drink Water pretty quickly on an empty stomach. Some doctors are just more cautious than others. For me, I was GRATEFUL that my doctor wanted to get me on solid foods as soon as tolerated. I don't think I could have done liquids for a month or more! Let us know what your doc says tomorrow!

I feel better knowing that someone is in the same boat as me. And you are only a week after me too. I will let you know what he says but i dont go back until next week. I too use MFP to track everything. I stay under 1000 myself too. My weak time is at night but thank goodness for SF ice pops and Jello. Lol

Also i just tried the weight watchers chees sticks. They have regular cheese and jalapeno cheese sticks. Pretty good tasting, not that wax fake cheese taste and they are only 50 cal. Compared to regular cheese. Helps my cravings and grazing.

wjcunni2000 - I had my surgery on Aug 5 and eat about that much, too. Usually my calorie intake is about 700 - 900 calories. If I eat cheese during the day with my turkey wrap, my calories might go to 1000. But, according to my fitness pal, if I eat 1200 calories a day I should be losing 2.5 lbs a week. That is my goal - to lose 10 pounds a month. My doctor, too, believes that we don't have to baby the stomach for too long. I started solid foods (yet soft ones) 2 weeks after my surgery. I have no problem getting in 60-80 grams of Protein a day, which is my goal. I can also drink Water pretty quickly on an empty stomach. Some doctors are just more cautious than others. For me, I was GRATEFUL that my doctor wanted to get me on solid foods as soon as tolerated. I don't think I could have done liquids for a month or more! Let us know what your doc says tomorrow!

Hi I had my surgery Aug 18 and feel like I should chewing also I'm just scared of hurting my new stomach.

Typical day:

1 hour workout

Breakfast

scoop of chocolate whey in my coffee, (1 cup only)

1 egg with a slice of 2% cheese

snack

handful of "firecracker mix", (rice crackers, peanuts, wasabi peas and sesame stix) @5 g Protein OR a Protein Bar

lunch

3 oz meat or 1/2 grilled cheese using P28 Protein bread

Snack

Protein Bar

dinner

3 oz meat and a veggie or starch

Snack

Weight watchers ice cream bar or glass of wine or popcorn

I think that's great you all can eat that much. I think everybody is different. I get absolutely sick and am in awful pain if I eat any kind of meat even lunch meat or dense solid foods. . I have recently started eating cheese sticks but just like a month ago and can't even finish a whole one. I think there's something wrong with me and my sleeve is too tiny that after 6 months I cannot eat most foods. I force the calories in, like ice cream and milkshakes just to stop losing. I've surpassed my goal and am a size 4 and don't wish to get smaller, I don't dare workout. after a year they say you're able to eat more…I'm hoping. I'd like to have more energy and hair, lol :)

Wow thats pretty scarey that you still cant eat any food. You should let your doctor know. That doesnt sound healthy.

My day

4oz Cream of wheat

Protein bar

Cottage cheese with salsa

cheese stick or yogurt

Turkey chili with lots of Beans (don't really enjoy meat anymore)

vanilla Jello

Either Cycling or Treadmill in the evening

Edited by madwife2002

Wow I wish I could eat like that I am on soft foods, but nothing taste good anymore I have to make myself eat still don't have

an appetite. Still trying to get my daily Protein in. I am being patience weight loss is good losing 1-2 pounds a week which is good.

See what i mean. When i came out of the hospital i was in puree while most people spend 2 more weeks on a liquid diet. Then 10 days out at my first visit i was bumped up to 3-4 oz per meal and i was told that at the month mark i could have "regular" food. I have never pushed myself but i dont have any issues with throwing up or getting full. Maybe it is a mental thing, i dont know.

I came home from the hospital and went to purees straight away. I was on them for five days. Then was on soft solids for a month. I've lost 75 lbs so far post op and almost 100 from my high of 335. I do go to the gym 4 to 5 days after work though. Spending up to an hour doing cardio and 45 minutes doing weights, or swimming or taking a class, depending on my mood. It is hard. Because some days I am so emotionally exhausted from my job. But I have to. That's my me time.

You are not going to lose weight every day. There are going to be days or weeks where you stall out. I basically can write the entire week after my period off because I retain Water and gain. Some times the scale will go down then up then down again.

Thats awesome that you dropped 100lbs. It must feel so good. I am only at the 50 lb mark and i am feeling great i cant imagine double this amount. I know that the scale is a demon of its own. And i do fall victim to it. I need to stay away for a few days at a time. I think i am so concerned with putting pounds back on that i check daily to make sure. And it is fustrating because it never goes down lol

OMG! I'm so jealous! I just had my 5 week appointment. My surgeon said 2 more weeks of Protein Shakes and full liquids! Not what I wanted to hear.

If I eat 3 oz of fish am I going to stretch my sleeve? I need to be able to eat socially w friends.

I dont think you will stretch your sleeve. We are supposed to be able to hold up to 4 oz. (what i was told). My doctor had me on puree the day i came home. But each doctor is different. If you are 5 weeks out i dont see how 3 oz will hurt you. Unless of course it upsets your stomach from the flavor or texture.