Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 8 Sleeves Thread

Okay day 9 how is everyone doing?

I'm feeling much stronger but still experiencing a lot of soreness.

I am wondering how fast we should be drinking? I'm not sure if I should still be taking tiny sips or what. Any idea?

Hey - I am out 8 days and I am too feeling much MUCH better. Not to my very best but healing is still in process so I do not mind too much. Regarding drinking - I still make myself sip because if I do not pay attention I would drink way to fast and therefore too much at once.

I had my first doctor's appointment and I am down 28 pounds. And am feeling amazing.

I weighed this morning and was up 1 1/2 lbs since I weighed 3 days ago. How is that possible? I'm still on clear liquids! ???? I think I need a new scale.????

Dr visit today 25 lbs down. I'll take that!????

Edited by LAG

I didnt have any pain except some discomfort from the gas that migrated to my shoulder. I have felt really good went back to work full time Monday. Feeling great but have to work hard to get my Protein in

Good to hear you all are doing so well.

I am down 22 pounds as of today. Except for those two nights of stabbing pain in my right chest, which seems to have disappeared and acid reflux in the evening I am doing great.

Already entered the next size jeans, 14 stretch , which is probably a 16 :)

I try to eat anti-reflux food after 3pm every day now and especially oatmeal with some fruit seems to do a good job.

But even though I HATE taking those acid reflux meds, I got myself Zantac 150 for night burn. 2 nights I took one and I slept like a baby and last night I did not take any but woke up at 1 a.m. with burning in my esophagus. So I took only 1/2 of a tablet and I could fall aleep again.

Other than that .... if my acid reflux does not get worse .... I am the happiest person on this earth.

I am super glad that I got my pain-causing band out and got a sleeve !!!!!!

Hope you all have a perfect day!

Hi everyone! I don't know why it took me so long to find this post. My surgery date was on the 8th too! So far, everything has been going great. I'm down 31 lbs to date!!! My tummy has been a little slower with accepting soft mushy foods, but finally was able to take that next step yesterday! pureed was just flat out gross. Being able to just chew food is so nice. When you haven't had something in a long time, it is amazing how good it tastes. Ha ha! I did my 1st clean of my closet today! I cannot even begin to tell you how good that felt to get rid of some fat clothes. I've kept all my clothes from when I was a lot smaller. It is funny how things come back into style again, if you wait long enough. ;) I hope everyone is doing great!

Edited by Jodi_S

Almost done with 1 st week back to work. It has been a crazy busy week and I am ready to crash! I am doing good getting Fluid and Protein in. I start soft foods Sunday. I think the protein will get more challenging then. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi good to hear that everyone is doing great! I am so happy that ive done this. I had my surgery the 8th and since then Ive left my boyfriend of 18 years. took my two sons, moved to a new city, found a new place to live, moved in and started my boys in new schools.. Oh and Ive returned to work. WOW I amaze myself. All my incisions have healed over. I am able to eat about 1/4 - 1/2 if a cup of mech soft type foods. struggling to get my protien and fluids in though. honesty havent found the time. when i drink a Protein Drink I need to make sure I have easy access to a bathroom. Even with all this I am still happy its done. I lost 25 pounds since surgery and 55 pounds since I started....Plus I lost all the weight of an unhealthy relationship...

Has anyone else's sleep pattern changed? I have been waking up at 5 am every morning

Me too

But I am back in the hospital with lung bleeding. Do those are not the best of circumstances to get back into a natural rhythm :(

@@nowornever14 are you okay?? Is this sleeve-related?

Nope not really. Do far they have found out that I have Bronchiectasis :( and the CT scan and x-ray revealed spots on my lung and they suspect cancer. I am now waiting for a lung biopsy.

Not the outcome I was expecting.

But hey one has to see this from the glass full position :at least I have a week of vacation and somebody else prepares my daily meals :)

Wow I'm so sorry this is happening to you right now. I will be thinking of you.

You definitely have the right attitude though, and that makes a difference! :)

Another plus is that due to sleeve you are still getting slimmer by the day, even as you rest on your 'vacation' :P

Please keep us posted.

Before sleeving, i was waking up 4-5 times per night with frequent urination. After sleeve on 11th, I have slept solid every night until the last three. I have attributed the sleep interruptions to intense dreams (no dreaming prior to surgery with sleep apnea).