Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering how those that got sleeved already are feeling, I know there were several going on the 2nd and a few more after that. I had mine surgery on the 1st, so far it's one good day, then one not so good day, today is not so good, very tired, no energy and headachy. Just want to stay in bed. How about the rest of you?

I'm wondering how those that got sleeved already are feeling, I know there were several going on the 2nd and a few more after that. I had mine surgery on the 1st, so far it's one good day, then one not so good day, today is not so good, very tired, no energy and headachy. Just want to stay in bed. How about the rest of you?

I had my surgery on October 2 and am still in Mexico. Fly home to Texas tomorrow. I'm doing really good, I think it's normal to be tired and headachy. You aren't eating yet and may not be getting in enough fluids. Try to drink often and keep hydrated. Walking is important too, just don't over do it. Hope you get to feeling better, it won't take long!

I was sleeved on the 1st too, and today was the first day I felt somewhat normal. I was able to get in 40g of Protein but not enough Water. I've had a headache for the past two days. This is much more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I also had a hiatal hernia repair, and my gall bladder removed at the time if my sleeve. Oh and they discharged me only 6 hours after my procedures were done. I kind of wish I had stayed at least one night.

I was sleeved on the 1st too, and today was the first day I felt somewhat normal. I was able to get in 40g of Protein but not enough Water. I've had a headache for the past two days. This is much more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I also had a hiatal hernia repair, and my gall bladder removed at the time if my sleeve. Oh and they discharged me only 6 hours after my procedures were done. I kind of wish I had stayed at least one night.

Did you have your surgery in the US??

I am scheduled for Oct. 7th at 10:00am. My preop visit is tomorrow. My surgeon does not require a presurgery diet.

I am so ready to start my new life. =)

Me too Jules. Good luck tomorrow. I am one day later.

Hi All! Finally ready to give my update from my October 2nd procedure with Mexico Bariatric Center. The was a non bariatric related emergency at the hospital that pushed my sleeve to about 330 pm. I didn't meet Dr. Cabrera until mins before the surgery because he was assisting with the aforementioned emergency. My surgery was without complication and I woke up in recovery around 7pm. 《exact time is foggy》 i had nausea and standard pain expected with surgery. I got back to my private room and the nurses were attentive with meds and the like. My first night was rough. I mean really, really rough. I woke up every 30-45 mins with pain, nausea and the worst part, dry heaving. I have had 3 open abdomen surgeries (2 in the last 3 years) and had never felt this bad. I got up and walked around early in the night because i know that is key. Honestly, I could handle the pain and pressure from the CO2 but the dry heaves were kicking my ass. I felt awful all of day 1. It was frustrating because to me, the other ladies who were sleeved the same day seemed to manage much better. They we showered, in their own clothes and i was a zombie in a hospital gown.

DAY 2 - I started feeling human again. I was lucid enough to notice the nausea and dry heaves came every time the pain killers did, so I asked to stop the pain meds. They thought I was CRA - ZEE! It made a world of difference. I am now on the last leg of a 7 hour flight home and looking forward to my future as a super sexy, less fluffy woman.

Moral of the story - everyone's journey is different. Don't get scared or frustrated when your body reacts differently than others or as you expected. I really wish i had a story that was filled with no pain and skipping through the hospital corridors. However, everyday that goes by i remember less and less what surgery day and Day 1 were like. I am sure that when i am 50 lbs lighter those day will be a distant memory.

I am truly excited for all of you and hope you are blessed with a successful surgery and speddy recovery!

Thanks.... I feel fantastic! I get released tomorrow. Honestly everyone here is so wonderful I am sad to go. I would say the hardest part was the morning after drinking the dye for the leak test. Otherwise its been a breeze. Nothing at all first day. Yesterday liquids. Today after passing 2nd leak test I got broth. I will recommend walking as much as you can. I truly feel like I fell asleep and woke up 10 minutes later all done. I hope yours goes as mine has. :)

I agree with this. Drinking the solution for the leak test was rough! They want you to take big sips which is terrifying knowing your poor little stomach only holds 3 ozs.

Capi, so sorry you are having a hard time but you have a VERY good point, everyone is different and even tho we KNOW that it's good to be reminded.

JenW, wow, you put your body thru a lot! but you got it all done.

I will remind myself to walk more and drink more. I think I'm getting in my liquids but like Capi, I keep thinking my stomach is so small.

Let's keep the long haul in mind and keep moving forward.

My surgery is scheduled for Oct 21st. I start my 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow and also have my final meeting with the surgeon and dietician. Getting super nervous. I just want it over and done with.

Did you have your surgery in the US??

Yes. My surgeon is Adam smith at Fort Worth Lap Band. I LOVE him, but wasn't as happy with the surgery center staff.

Is anyone seeing my posts? I never get any replies to them. I am on my second day of Clear Liquids and im so nauseated its awful! Is this normal? I have my surgery tomorrow and my anxiety is getting the best of me today. I am trying to fight it and stay busy but its hard.

Is anyone seeing my posts? I never get any replies to them. I am on my second day of clear liquids and im so nauseated its awful! Is this normal? I have my surgery tomorrow and my anxiety is getting the best of me today. I am trying to fight it and stay busy but its hard.

I'm sure any sudden changes to your diet will make your body react in one way or another. When I've gone on restricted diets in the past, it took a few days for my body to stop arguing with me and just go with it. Your surgery is tomorrow, which will be here before you know it! Stay strong!! You can do it! And you're doing the right thing to keep busy and distracted. Maybe you can ask ur doc for an anti-nausea med or something, but with it only being a few more hours before surgery they might not want you taking any. It never hurts to ask tho. Best of luck to you! You're almost there

Is anyone seeing my posts? I never get any replies to them. I am on my second day of clear liquids and im so nauseated its awful! Is this normal? I have my surgery tomorrow and my anxiety is getting the best of me today. I am trying to fight it and stay busy but its hard.

I'm halfway through my 2 week pre-op diet and felt really bad the first few days. Hopefully you will feel better as the day goes on and just remember that tomorrow is the next step toward a new you :)