Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 15 pounds on the 10 day liquid diet, I was shocked but I had gain 25 pounds over the last year trying to get all the requirements done that my insurance needed and there were other road blocks and I'd get to points that I thought what the heck and eat a bag of chips.

The liquid diet my surgeon had me on let me eat 3 oz of chicken twice a day but it will be a long time before I want plain old chicken again!

I was hungry a lot but I kept telling myself that this time the diet is permanent, I won't have to worry about when and how much MORE weight I'll gain back once I go off the diet. I know it's possible to gain after you have the sleeve but it's a very good tool to help keep me from gaining this time.

It really helped me to tell my co-workers, friends and family what I was doing. So when I tired or said or did silly things they'd just laugh with me because they knew I was only eating about 600 calories a day.

Just 2 more days! I check in at 9am on Wed morning for my surgery.

I am scheduled for October 2nd in Mexico. So excited and can't wait to hear all of your success stories!

I am Oct 2nd in Mexico also. What doctor do you have ? What location?

Whooohooo! Two More days all you October 2 Sleevers!!!! I am getting so excited. I've been watching a bunch of you tube videos. Great information on the most part. I noticed a couple of things that might be invaluable post op that I picked up and just wanted to give to a heads up in in case you wanted to through it in your bag. One this was Gas X strips. They dissolve on your tongue and are said to help post op. Another item was carmex, chapstick or vasaline for your lips. Some docs let you have ice chips some don't for a while and I hear the lips get awful dry also mouthwash to swish out mouth for dryness.

Hope you all have a great experience!!!

Mary

Just a quick note to all you October sleevers. I'm scheduled for surgery Oct 2 in Mexico. Flying out tomorrow!!!! Eeeeeek! Super excited. Can't wait to start the great adventure! Anyway, I have been watching a lot of you tube videos, mostly great advice, but have picked up on a couple of things that might be invaluable to take with us to the hospital. One was Gas X strips.They dissolve on the tongue. and are said to help lessen the gas pains after surgery, Another is carmex, chapstick, or vasaline for the lips. Some docs let you have ice hips after surgery, some don't so the lips and mouth get dry. Also mouthwash helps to moisten and freshen the mouth during this time.

Good luck to you all and catch you on the sleeved side!!!!

Mary

Just a quick note to all you October sleevers. I'm scheduled for surgery Oct 2 in Mexico. Flying out tomorrow!!!! Eeeeeek! Super excited. Can't wait to start the great adventure! Anyway, I have been watching a lot of you tube videos, mostly great advice, but have picked up on a couple of things that might be invaluable to take with us to the hospital. One was Gas X strips.They dissolve on the tongue. and are said to help lessen the gas pains after surgery, Another is carmex, chapstick, or vasaline for the lips. Some docs let you have ice hips after surgery, some don't so the lips and mouth get dry. Also mouthwash helps to moisten and freshen the mouth during this time.

Good luck to you all and catch you on the sleeved side!!!!

Mary

Great stuff!!! There is another thread with a document on what you should being a few people that are post op put together. If you want I will email it to you

would love to have the thread, can't get too much info!!!

Mary

Just found out I will be getting sleeved on October 21!! That's 3 weeks from today!!! So excited, but really nervous now! This is actually happening!!!!!!

Congratulations Becca!!!! I'm off to get mine done on Thursday. Welcome to the October sleevers!!!!

Mary

Thanks, Mary and best of luck to you on Thursday! This is incredible!!!!

My hubs & I are both scheduled 10/10 Anxiety is growing!!!

I've been counting down since I found out, on August 29th. Now I am down to three weeks!! The last four have gone by fast, hope the next three do as well!!

Just found out I will be getting sleeved on October 21!! That's 3 weeks from today!!! So excited, but really nervous now! This is actually happening!!!!!!

I am the 21st also!

I've done my EGD, gall bladder ultrasound, bloodwork, etc... and I have pre-op and dietician visit on October 3. I'm scheduled for surgery on October 10. I'm considering asking the surgeon if he'll remove my gall bladder also while he's in there. It's private pay so there's no insurance hassles on it. I've heard and read nightmare stories about gall bladder attacks and gall stones after the surgery so if I can prevent it, I'd like to. Anyone have the same idea or thoughts on the gall bladder removal?

I am the 21st also!

Congrats and best of luck to you!!!! I am so ready for this!!