Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted this to the main thread and someone I suggested I post it here for more suggestions or advice. TIA.

I was sleeved June 9, 2014. Of course, the weight flew off at first, but after two weeks I hit a stall. I figured it was the typical firs stall. But, I stayed on that stall for over 5 weeks. My doctor sugguested I see a dietician because the stall was lasting so long. They doc also suggested I eat 800 calories most days and zigzag to 1000 calories on other days.

I did consult a dietician and she gave me some advice. She told me to eat about 600-800 calories a day (conflicting information from her and the doctor) and up my strength training and Protein. I did that....and only lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks. I have lost a very small amount of inches also, so it's not just the scale. I'm doing strength training about 4 days a week and cardio almost everyday.

Though I'm thrilled with the 20+ pounds I've lost since surgery, it's discouraging to know that I've only lost about 5 pounds in seven weeks. Most of my weight came off with the liquid diet. With all the exercising and low amount of calories I've been eating, I would have expected more.

My doctor doesn't seem concerned. He said my numbers look good. I know I'm sensitive about this because I failed with the lapband. But, I'm feeling super discouraged right now. I'm doing everything right and still making minimal progress. Maybe my metabolism is just slow? Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

I don't have personal experience with this since I'm pre-op, but I've read posts recommending that you keep measuring and noting the inches lost. That may help you from getting too discouraged.

Ok, so i had my sleeve on 7/21. I'd lost 22 lbs on 4 day pre-op liquid diet and 8 days post-op...THEN... I was stalled out for 22 days!! I have been so disappointed, worried somehow my surgery had failed, I thought I was not getting the diet right... I was lost.

I was obsessing and reading every post on this site that had even one word about "stalling" or "not losing". I will admit, I have moved on thru the first 2 stages at my own pace based on how I felt and what was going down well. So I worried that I had messed up big time and "ruined" my surgery.

So today after a mini vacay, no scale at the hotel (!! :blink: ), eating more than I was the week before, and having tried several new foods over the weekend....I finally broke the stall and lost 4.4 lbs this week!!!! YAY!!!

Seriously, I thought I was "the one" this wasn't gonna work for. And yet, it did happen.

If I learned anything, it's that I will be more patient with myself and the "diet rules", and that listening to my body signals, which told me to eat more chicken and fish and soy, seems to have worked, this time.

Hang in there everyone, keep sharing so that we all have a place to turn when these confusing situations come around.

Thanks for all your posts, they really helped me through.

I wish you all the best!

Just keep swimmin'....

I would suggest a visit to your pcp. just to make sure you don't have a medical condition. when we have our wls everything becomes all about it but we have the rest of our body that could be causing us concern. if you are exercising like you are and eating only 800 calories a day you should be losing wt. I would just be concerned of some other possibilities. but I have heard that so often of ppl that go on vacation or go out to dinner or something and eat more calories and start the wt. loss again.

From my personal experience: I have had time periods where I only lost 5-6 pounds in a month. For me, it works to zig zag the calories from 600-700 to a 1000 once in a while, just like your doctor said. In the last 2 days, I have eaten close to 1000 calories and lost 3 pounds since Sunday! I know I cannot eat a 1000 calories everyday but on the days I work out, I increase my carb intake before the workout and increase my calories too.

Find out what works for you. Sometimes metabolism needs a shock. Also, I have noticed that ever since I increased my Water intake to 80-100 oz a day, my stalls have become shorter in days and the losses have become bigger.

Good luck!

I was so scared that I was the only one who had this issue. I am almost 3 weeks post op and have only lost 10lbs - I lost that by 2nd day after surgery. Since then the scale has not budged!! I am having major issues with the Protein as every single shake I have tried - and even the unflavored ones - make me want to throw up after just a few sips. I force myself to get in at least 1/2 the shake but then deal with the nausea for a while after. I am only getting in about 500 cals a day if I am lucky! I am not expecting major drops in weight - but when I hear about people dropping 20-30lbs first month It does discourage me that my scale wont move!

I'm 6 weeks out and been on stall for about 3 weeks. I keep bouncing from back and fourth weight. I get my Protein in plus I'm eating 800 -1000 calories. I don't know what to do

It is soooo frustrating! Still no movement. Everyone says be patient but you would expect more to happen as you starve; gag and deal with all the "must do"s.

<p>I posted this to the main thread and someone I suggested I post it here for more suggestions or advice. TIA.</p> <p> </p> <p><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">I was sleeved June 9, 2014. Of course, the weight flew off at first, but after two weeks I hit a stall. I figured it was the typical firs stall. But, I stayed on that stall for over 5 weeks. My doctor sugguested I see a dietician because the stall was lasting so long. They doc also suggested I eat 800 calories most days and zigzag to 1000 calories on other days. </span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">I did consult a dietician and she gave me some advice. She told me to eat about 600-800 calories a day (conflicting information from her and the doctor) and up my strength training and Protein. I did that....and only lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks. I have lost a very small amount of inches also, so it's not just the scale. I'm doing strength training about 4 days a week and cardio almost everyday. </span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">Though I'm thrilled with the 20+ pounds I've lost since surgery, it's discouraging to know that I've only lost about 5 pounds in seven weeks. Most of my weight came off with the liquid diet. With all the exercising and low amount of calories I've been eating, I would have expected more. </span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">My doctor doesn't seem concerned. He said my numbers look good. I know I'm sensitive about this because I failed with the lapband. But, I'm feeling super discouraged right now. I'm doing everything right and still making minimal progress. Maybe my metabolism is just slow? Does anyone have any advice or recommendations? </span></p>

don't give up! You're doing all the right things. Everyone tends to lose weight differently. I honestly believe everybody is different so sometimes low-carb diets work for others and gluten-free for other people etc. stick to what you're doing maybe even if you can't hold down the food try to get in 1200 calories. You may be burning too much. That's what happened to me. shows like the biggest losers don't show that accuracy. I wish you luck!! Just believe in yourself and again don't give up!!!!????

Thanks for the replies and encouragement guys! I REALLY mean that! I went back to old habits this week. It was the first week back from summer break and my administrators and PTA provided so much Breakfast and lunch for us. I was in a bad place (about not seeing the scale move) and decided that since I wasn't losing, I should not refrain from eating what I wanted. After reading the comments and replies, I realized that thinking like that was a huge mistake. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but charge forward! I'm back on track and trying to implement some of the adjustments and advice from you all. Thanks again. If you are stalled, please don't give up. We can do this! If anyone has any more advice, please post.