Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Jumped off the Table and Walked Out

I was so scared - an oprerating room is a scary place. The anesthesiologist gently chided me because I asked so many questions it delayed the surgery. But, it's my life and if we start late, it's better than going thru with somethng when you have questions and concerns. I just kept telling myself that I really don't have much of a choice - if I didn't go through with it, I'd either stay the way I am or get bigger. That was really the deciding factor.

Pain wasn't all that bad yesterday unril about midnight. The morphine stopped working and I was so dizzy I couldn't wallk like I was supposed to. It's better today but it hurts the worse where the drain in. The early monrning was not fun at all.

This monring's leak test went well so now i am here in my hospital bed, sipping on Water. Can't tell if I am hungry or not. Haven't eaten anything since Fridy night. I defintely still have gas and that is uncomfortable. My stomach is a bit pissed off as it feels sore. Still on anI IV and may have to stay another night if I can't drink my water.

Hang in there. I had mine Friday morning and came home Sunday. I was super quesy in the hospital and felt hunger pains actually in the hospital and still do but the pain is gone and the queasiness is completely gone. Try to take small sips of liquids often. See how it feels. You are getting used to a new stomach. You are probably dizzy because you haven't eaten and are weak. I feel more tired than anything, but am able to drink 4-6 ounces of liquid (cream Soups or apple juice or Protein drinks). Good luck to you.

Hang in there! I am waiting for my 2nd surgeon visit and will probably be scheduled for surgery the first week in October. If you have a family member with you, hang onto them on one side and push the IV pole with the other. Get up and move. The more you move, the better you will feel. Like Mary said - take a lot of small, frequent sips. If you are dehydrated, that can cause you to feel dizzy also. Good luck!

Just want to check because you say you can't drink your Water - if you are really drinking plain water you might want to try Vitamin zero or something else. A lot of people say they have trouble in the beginning with plain water. I did, I am 3 weeks out today and can finally sip a little bit of plain water without feeling uncomfortable. Congratulations on your sleeve!!

Thanks guys for your kind responses. I noticed a lot of typos in my post - I'm trying to type with an IV stuck in each hand. Oy Vey!!

I will try something other than Water. They only have broth and Water around here so I will have to stick with this until i get home. I have not thrown up but I feel like crap-got a scopomine patch behind my ear and earlier they gave me zofran. And yes, I am wondering what the hell I have done to myself. Knew I would be saying that.

I've got like five different kinds of protien at home, including the dissolvable "clear" kind. I've figured out at this pont my stomach does NOT like anything thick. It rebels when I try to eat Gelatin (the gave me Gelatin in the hospital).

To anyone else who is strugging with a recent sleeve operation, I feel you!

Hang in there! I had to stay 3 nights in the hospital because I had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia and really was out of it the whole next day. (Surgery was late in the day). I had a hard time with Water at first and could only drink it at room temperature. That actually lasted a few months. chicken broth and sugar free popsicles were lifesavers. It will get better, I promise! :D

Had surgery on Monday (August 18), so that's three days ago. Came home Tuesday.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I got down 36 ounces of Water. I thought that was pretty good. Today, my goal is 48 ounces. Tomorrow, 64 ounces.

Yesterday, I got only 29 grams of Protein. Was surprised it was that much. Greek yogurt is da bomb (comparatively speaking).

Feeling some reflux (I think).

Am walking some. Need to walk more. Gas around shoulders isn't too bad, but when it hits, it hits.

Yesterday, I just slept a lot. Didn't take pain meds last night (hydrocodone - damn, that stuff is strange!) and feel more alert this morning.

Boy, this is all pretty weird. And yes ... I am thinking (sometimes) WTF?! It's just weird.

You guys are doing great.

Congratulations! I wish you (both) a speedy healing.

Hope you start to feel better soon! Those first 2 days were miserable, but by the 3rd I felt like a brand new woman.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I got down 36 ounces of Water. I thought that was pretty good. Today, my goal is 48 ounces. Tomorrow, 64 ounces.

Yesterday, I got only 29 grams of Protein. Was surprised it was that much. Greek yogurt is da bomb (comparatively speaking).

Am walking some. Need to walk more. Gas around shoulders isn't too bad, but when it hits, it hits.

Yesterday, I just slept a lot. Didn't take pain meds last night (hydrocodone - damn, that stuff is strange!) and feel more alert this morning.

Boy, this is all pretty weird. And yes ... I am thinking (sometimes) WTF?! It's just weird.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I got down 36 ounces of water. I thought that was pretty good. Today, my goal is 48 ounces. Tomorrow, 64 ounces.

Yesterday, I got only 29 grams of protein. Was surprised it was that much. Greek yogurt is da bomb (comparatively speaking).

I'm home now. They released me on Wednesday afternoon. Taking in water has been a full time job and the most I have been able to drink is about 36 ounces, which includes Protein Shakes. I'm glad to see that you are in the same boat with me. I was feeling bad about not making 56 ounces of water.

I have been getting major gas pains...man you're right about when they hit they are brutal. Starts in my middle back and then spreads outwards and upwards. Ouch! The gas-x strips are great. They work almost instantly.

I haven't taken pain meds since Wednesday and took off my scopomine patch Friday morning. I have not had any nausea which really surprises me. I fully expected and was prepared to experience it.

I have five incisions that have been stapled. The staples dig a bit here and there when I move in certain ways. My stomach is swollen and mishapen, if that makes any sense.

Hope you are feeling better each and every day that passes.

Thanks, @@HaddocksEyes ... you, too!

I think you're doing great!

Every day I feel more normal.

This morning, I did three loads of laundry, straightened up a closet, did some light housekeeping, and got on my elliptical (for the first time). It is hot as Hades here, so I didn't venture outside to walk.

Today I'll total 64 grams of Protein. Heh, heh -- makes me feel like I'm big stuff to finally hit the minimum.

Water today will be 40 - 48 ounces. Depends on how long I can stay awake.

Other liquids today include 26 ounces of: protein-fortified chicken Soup, Protein Drink, hot milk with 2 ounces of coffee. (My doc is strict about everything but allows "a little coffee.")