Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all ! So how many of you have what I have ever since 2 fills ago.! I feel like I have a monster in my belly ! I hear the gurgle sometimes all day long ! I drink some coffee and well there is the gurgle ! I berp a lot too ! It must be because of that time of month is comming! But I fell like something is wrong ! Or maybe it's me ! Latly I can't eat untill diner I think my body is just being strange ! I do burp a lot lot ! Has anyone had this

Moi, aussi. The gurgle. My husband says he can't hear it but geesh. I don't really mind too much -- I figure it's the esophagus squeezing that message to my brain that I am nourished and healthy rather than the old "feed me, feed me" messages.

Yep I got the gurgles :) It's an odd feeling really, but I agree with @@Bandista it's that esophagus moving the food through the stoma. I think when we chew, and drink a little bit of air gets mixed up in there with the food and other body fluids that help push the food down resulting in the gurgle. It really lets me know I have pretty good restriction right now, and that I need to have good band mechanics, eat small portions, cut things up small, chew well, and eat slowly or else!

Edited by lisacaron

I get that too! Even if I barely have a fill or even now that I am up to 8.4 cc in a 10 cc band.

I finally feel restriction, but that gurgle ma-gurgles have been there the whole time.

I am just used to it.

Dont worry about the gurgle. Lol thats jyst the food/fluid moving through.

I had the gurgles also after getting my next to the last fill that I got. I was at the dentist and they were cleaning my teeth and it was gurgling. I felt horribly embarrased and had to apologize:(. Ended up on my monthly visit they did a barium swallow and I was so tight and swollen that nothing was hardly getting through. You could see the stuff I drank come back up and just little bits go through the band at times. Was very intersting to watch. I have a very high pain tolerance and just dont have a bunch of ailments at all and am hardly ever sick. I was having acid reflux they said and did not even know it at night while I was sleeping. They were amazed I did not feel bad. I was at 8.3 in a 10cc band. They took out 1 cc and put me on a liquid diet for a week then mushies then a week on normal food. Just went back to dr. on Wednesday and I had lost 9 lbs (before I was only loosing 1 lb here or a 1/2 lb there). They said I was entirely too tight and for me the gurgling meant I needed an unfill. Mine was a constant gurgle though. I could be talking and gurgling at the same time. Really weird but I just thought it was my stomach growling! I have to say I feel so much better. They did put .2 back in but told me I was right at the green zone now and I can definetly tell the difference.

I'm going into my 9th year of being a "bandster" and I still get the gurgles... I've had 4 fills in total... no defills. I can eat anything except rice and apple skins and no carbonated beverages.

They can happen ANYTIME before a meal... hours after a meal... whenever... they are VERY loud sometimes. They started happening 2 weeks after my second fill.

My doctor said this is completely normal for some people.

For me it's just a reminder that hey my band is there and doing a great job.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

I don't know if the gurgling ever stops , but for me it is just air sometimes , also it happens if I haven't drank anything , but it amazes me that when I take that first bite of food & then while I am eating it starts the rumblings & gurgling it is weird but after I am done it is fine.

I had lots of gurgling after my last fill. I think I was just eating/drinking too fast, not chewing enough because now that I have adjusted and started using better mechanics, it has calmed down a lot. I still get the gurgling but it's not as bad. I just have to make sure that I take sips instead of gulps when I'm drinking fluids and chew my food really well when I eat.

I have a question. What exactly is a Gurgle? I've had "slime" but not sure if that's the same thing you all are referring to.

Im still new and this is the 1st time I've heard that expression.

Hello all ! So how many of you have what I have ever since 2 fills ago.! I feel like I have a monster in my belly ! I hear the gurgle sometimes all day long ! I drink some coffee and well there is the gurgle ! I berp a lot too ! It must be because of that time of month is comming! But I fell like something is wrong ! Or maybe it's me ! Latly I can't eat untill diner I think my body is just being strange ! I do burp a lot lot ! Has anyone had this

@@kandiB 150 So for me the gurgle happens when my band is feeling super tight. I can feel the food make that gurgle sound as it moves past the band.

Think of your tub when you take the stopper out...and the Water starts moving down the drain...you can hear that gurgle gurgle. For me it's kind of like that, and it happens if I drink too fast, or eat too fast or if I drink right after a bite that hasn't fully past the band and things start to stack up in there.

Even if we have been long term banders and we know we should sip, and we should eat slowly, take small bites, and chew chew chew...I think the way our life styles are busy busy rush rush rush, I know I can forget and the gurgle is the first sign that I better get back to good eating mechanics cause the next thing is the slimes, and the stuck and the swelling of the band and misery for a couple of days :(

So heed the gurgle, sometimes it's just trapped air but most times..it's cause we are not following good eating mechanics when we have good restriction in our bands.

Yesterday I taught myself a lesson. Leave my desk at work. Take the time to eat a relaxed meal.

Gurgle. Ha.

Today I was on a Webex conference call. The kind where you can see who is talking from a list of names. I THOUGHT it was on mute. One huge sudden burp later I learned otherwise.

I need yalls input! I got a fill yesterday, left with no problems, none at all. Drank some Soup, drank some coffee when I got home, very little, holy wow I can feel the restriction. 4 bites of Soup and I'm totally satisfied. Strange thing is I do not feel like I need to vomit, this is not a slimiing situation as I've felt that in the past but my mouth just waters more, significantly more??? And had some of the gurgles but I've read that's ok, I also sounded somewhat like a toad while lying in bed last night, although no choking or trouble breathing or any of that stuff. I don't feel the need to be sick, nothing feels stuck. Could this be because they checked my Fluid taking it all out and then putting it back in and I'm just sensitive. I'm hoping we have finally found my sweet spot! :)

I need yalls input! I got a fill yesterday, left with no problems, none at all. Drank some Soup, drank some coffee when I got home, very little, holy wow I can feel the restriction. 4 bites of soup and I'm totally satisfied. Strange thing is I do not feel like I need to vomit, this is not a slimiing situation as I've felt that in the past but my mouth just waters more, significantly more??? And had some of the gurgles but I've read that's ok, I also sounded somewhat like a toad while lying in bed last night, although no choking or trouble breathing or any of that stuff. I don't feel the need to be sick, nothing feels stuck. Could this be because they checked my Fluid taking it all out and then putting it back in and I'm just sensitive. I'm hoping we have finally found my sweet spot! :)

All normal. When I get a fill my NP has me on 48 hours of liquids afterwards. Until you reach the optimal fill level you'll still be hungry looking for more. That's where discipline comes in. Yes it's hard but it's temporary. In a few months the band will truly alleviate most non head hunger between meals. At optimal fill you are satisfied with much less and stay satisfied for at least four hours. You can't tell if the fill level is optimal until you've had it for a few weeks. For me that was three weeks. The body adjusts to the adjustment, so to speak. Now. Head hunger. Never cured by WLS. Anyone who claims it is, God bless em. That's where support and counseling or other means of self care come in. I am a comfort eater. I am learning to comfort myself without feeding myself. Feeling feelings instead of eating them.

You've got this! Mind, body and spirit. All three demand our attention. Good luck and keep posting!