Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone else feel that nothing else matters?

I am in the same boat as all of you! !! I am so obssessed. I have been thinking about this surgery for years...but money and health issues prevented it... it's almost like a dream that's finally coming true! I take lots of phone calls during work and it's been soooo hard to concentrate. I am always on my phone looking at the forums or on my tablet reading kindle books about WLS while talking calls....sometimes i need to shut off my phone&tablet lol. I was talking A LOT to my family and friends about it too but I don't want to annoy them. I think its great to have this forum to go to.

I don't think its a bad thing to obssess... i think it just shows how excited we are to be making these changes!!!

I am now over a year post op and I was the same way prior to surgery. I did every possible research available. Was constantly emailing my doctors office with questions. It was all I could think about or talk about. After my surgery and the weight began to melt away, it became more of who I was and my obsession became less and less and it was more just a part of life. I have been at goal now for 5 months and now my reality is trying to eat enough to to keep my weight maintained. It's easy to start losing again if you're not careful. My sleeve has been a blessing. I would not change anything for the world. I am truly a much happier me and I can enjoy outdoor activities and exercise without being in pain. Good luck on your new adventures.

thank you for all your responses! i suppose if i have to be obsessed, this is a pretty healthy one. :)

I can sooooo relate! Particularly pre-op, when it seemed like I was waiting one everyone else and depending on their recommendations, results of test, etc to progress through each stage. It made me feel very... out of control. I coped through educating myself about the procedure I was about to undergo, (somewhat obsessively). I think lots of folks do. There are worse ways to spend your energy than educating yourself and supporting others in their journey. Embrace it and learn as much as you can. You'll be on the other side before you know it!

It seems (from what "veterans" say) that the constant posting, checking, reading slacks off after a while. It's very obvious on this board that the ones who post the most are those who are pre-surgery and recently post-surgery.

It's great to have a forum like this to go to for education, support and (mostly?) to allay the anxiety we feel when facing body-altering elective surgery that has the potential to permanently alter the lifelong, life-ruining disability (with awful physical and social impacts) most of us have suffered since childhood.

After all, very soon we will have ZERO excuses for not spending at least an hour a day exercising. And that means we must stand up and slowly ... move away from the keyboard.

:)

I was obsessively focused on my sleeve pre-sleeve. Now that I'm two weeks out from surgery and moving back to more solid foods, I feel like I can start moving on now knowing that I made the absolute best choice for me. And I'm LOVING IT!

Now I need to start obsessing on new clothes and vacation.

Edited by AlwaysVegas

I was obsessively focused on my sleeve pre-sleeve. Now that I'm two weeks out from surgery and moving back to more solid foods, I feel like I can start moving on now knowing that I made the absolute best choice for me. And I'm LOVING IT!

Now I need to start obsessing on new clothes and vacation.

GREAT post. :) Congratulations.

Me! I do too! I just had my first visit with my surgeon today. I have to make myself do my everyday stuff and not spend every waking moment on here or researching WLS. I love reading everyone's posts and stories. Makes me feel like I am not so alone. Every step that I make that takes my closer to a surgery date is so exciting. I just can't wait until I have the surgery and can stop obsessing over it :)

​Summer

Yes, I'm pretty obsessed too. I've done better this week at work and have limited my forum reading to lunch breaks, but at home forget it. It's weight loss everything then. I haven't been this excited about anything in years, lol.

I am the exact same way! I've been looking at people on Instagram that have had success that even my husband is tired of "look babe! Look how amazing she's done!" "That's all I'll be able to eat" "that's her stomach!!" My surgery isn't until Oct 19 but I think about moving it up every day since I'm doing self pay in Mexico. Would you move yours to sooner if you could?

I am the exact same way! I've been looking at people on Instagram that have had success that even my husband is tired of "look babe! Look how amazing she's done!" "That's all I'll be able to eat" "that's her stomach!!" My surgery isn't until Oct 19 but I think about moving it up every day since I'm doing self pay in Mexico. Would you move yours to sooner if you could?

I'm self-pay in Mexico to and I scheduled mine for as soon as I could logistically swing it, between getting my pre and post-op supplies, arranging for time off work, and getting the money together. I booked my surgery on July 28th for Sept. 1, so just 5 weeks out. But even just waiting the 5 weeks is making me crazy!

I think when you spend so much time figuring out this is the route you want to go you can't help becoming a little obsessed . I started this journey 2 years ago for lap band and chickened out. This past May I went to another seminar with new doctors ... Two amazing woman in practice together in Florida . I decided on the sleeve and have never looked back. My surgery is fast approaching and I can't think about anything else . My friend and I are conversing about what to take to the hospital ... Almost like we are taking a vacation ... So wish me luck in August 27... I have to say I am nervous about a few things ... I hate being nausea so I am hoping I don't have that... And pain...I don't want the pain meds to make me have nausea . Thanks for listening to me.