Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone else feel that nothing else matters?

Well, it is true. My life is on hold until after the surgery. Just today, I was thinking about spending some money on some art supplies to start a new project. Then I changed my mind.

Everything I want right now, every goal I have set for myself, everything I expect of myself, all of these things I have created in this paradigm. Once I have my surgery, my paradigm will change. I will think of myself differently. I will see the world differently. People will react to/treat me differently. The way I think will change and therefore my world will change. I don't know what I am going to want/need/like/expect. I will be in a new paradigm. I don't want to make any decisions until I know who I'm going to be after the surgery. New doors that I can't see right now will open and I may want to walk through them. So I do the best I can at the job I have (thankful for the insurance to pay for this), I spend the time visualizing myself at my ideal weight, I force myself to read novels that I like so I don't become to obsessed. I read about the surgery, I stay positive and try to take it one day at a time.

Totally!!!!!! Geezzz now that surgery is over its a huge huge relief and rest for my Brain!!!

Good GOD!!!! I am reading, looking at photo's I will be so upset if I don't get approved from my Insurance...HATE being out of control of something that will be so important to my health and life. UGH...lol, back to forum obsession surfing!

Tell me about it. I'm so consumed by my surgery, I can't think about anything else. I have completely zoned everything else out :-). I was scheduled for surgery last Friday (surgery date OCTOBER 7TH!!!!) and my obsession has intensified times 10. I'm so ready!

Can't believe I'm not the only one. I have never had a calendar in my life until now. I have one on my refrigerator with all the dates for pre-op stuff and the date for my surgery. I've been crossing off the days! Just can't wait till Tuesday. My husband tries to talk to me about something important and I'll tell him I can't think right now - just have to get past my surgery. People ask me if I'm scared or nervous. NO!!! Too excited. I don't even mind my liquid diet...Can't believe I think broth is delicious and I actually like the crappy Jello I'm allowed to have. Heretofore I have always hated Jello. Could the transformation have begun?

Insurance hold up

Lol there isn't a blog, thread, article I have read.... twice lol. Set my nut appointment today.. Oct 24th the first open appointment I was so annoyed lol. Parts of me just wants to get it over with and other parts are on the fence. But no matter what I do my mind is stuck on thoughts, daydreams, fears and everything in between. All I can think about is the sleeve. Great to know I'm not crazy! What a relief! ! Lol

Edited by sunstar721

TRY THIS! FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT I AM APPROVED BUT NOT UNTIL JANUARY 15TH.. OF NEXT YEAR! THAT'S FOUR MORE MONTHS! !! I DIDN'T sleep A WINK LAST NIGHT. .. TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC BUT THIS WAS REALLY A SHOCK. ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?

@, that must be so disappointing. maybe your surgeon will have a cancellation... i hear people back out of this frequently in the home stretch. maybe, let them know if a cancellation occurs you're interested in taking it?

TRY THIS! FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT I AM APPROVED BUT NOT UNTIL JANUARY 15TH.. OF NEXT YEAR! THAT'S FOUR MORE MONTHS! !! I DIDN'T sleep A WINK LAST NIGHT. .. TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC BUT THIS WAS REALLY A SHOCK. ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?

Youi'll see that some insurance companies have a mandatory waiting period or a mandatory weight loss requirement, so it's common. Why not look at it as a test of your resolve? If it's for you, what's 4 months? Just think, by the end of next year you'll be nearly to your goal, right? From the time of the initial seminar until I was sleeved, it was just over a year for me and I had no waiting period. But once I was committed to it, I was completley on board and there was no turning back. Good Luck!

Edited by vincereautmori

Time Flys so fast. I can't even figure out where this year has gone already. I walked in the store and saw Christmas stuff! I dont have a date date yet but I'm somewhere in Dec (ins requires 3 months) I know it sucks but it will be here before we both know it

Edited by sunstar721

I can relate 100%, now that the only thing left to do is my endoscopy tomorrow and my final consolation on Tuesday to submit to the insurance company, I cannot focus on anything else. I have been up and down with my weight forever and ranged from a size 16-22 and actually arranged my closet today by size order so when I can fit a certain dress or shirt, I will know I hit a major milestone. I haven't even gotten approval yet and ordered my Isopure, pill crusher chewable Vitamins along with pack my hospital bag. I feel really obsessive but it's better than obsessing over food or another diet that will fail.