Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AUGUST 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

I was sleeved on Monday 8/11. Was home by Wednesday 8/13. So far so good. Slept a full 8hrs yesterday it was amazingggg.

But how did i end up at a fam BBQ today.

I could not stand being in my house for another hour. I said I would but I did, everyone ate around me I was fine, I just slowly sipped on my Water.

I got in 56oz of liquids including 85g of Protein. I'm not bored with liquids yet, I bought these cute ass 4oz mason jars to help me prep my liquids through out the day.

I can't wait for my follow up next wk, I would really like to go to the next stage. I'm not hungry really but I do wanna chew. Sigh

Other than that I still feel some soreness and gassy. Most of my pain happens when I'm up and out too much, I prolly should rest more ????

Good luck to everyone with everything xo

Finally I am able to drink what is, require of me. I am 4 day post op been having a hard time drinking fluids. Ok this is what I am doing. I love Water but its not agreeing with me crystal light is too sweet now. So what I have is unsweetened cold tea caffeine free to my surprise I can drink that. I am so happy because I have been feeling weak. I was told to start my full liquid yesterday but the Protein Shake are too sweet so I am going to try to make my requirements for my Protein intake but it is hard. How are you all handling this since the surgery?

Hello. I was sleeved on the 11th.....very early in the morning. I was released the next afternoon. Not much pain. More sore, like a sore muscle type thing. I was put on Protein shakes the day after surgery....drank about 1/4 of one, total. Day 2 more Protein Shakes and I drank about 1/2 of one, total. Day 3 I was allowed to make creamed Soup with plain Protein powder added and I was only able to do a couple of ounces. But 4 days out and I already had one shake and a tiny bowl of soup and I think I'm ready to have another shake. They take about 2 to 3 hrs to drink. I am lucky enough to not have to go back to work for 4 weeks. I think I will take the full 4 weeks and enjoy them......don't get much time off other wise so that time and the surgery....are both wonderful little gifts to myself. I lost 15 lbs before surgery and 3 lbs since Monday, but I haven't eaten very much at all so I have basically starved it off. Hoping the weight slides off slow and steady over the next year. Good Luck All!

This makes me happy to see that someone else returned to work "semi early". My doctors thought I was crazy that I wanted to only take a week off. I would have gone crazy taking more than a week off. But I was sleeved 8/7 and I feel fabulous. On all liquids. I'm over them, but so far 12 lbs down since day of surgery!!! It's weird to think it was just over a week ago for me.

Update. I'm now 11 days post-op. 5 more days of liquid diet. Been sneaking in a bite here and there of soft foods. Had 3 bites of mashed potato last night. Was so full didn't have anything more rest of day but Water. Energy is a little low sometimes and I know it's because I need to eat. Can't wait for pureed food. Oh and I'm 12 pounds down!

Hi- had mine this past Monday, 8/14. Down 6 pounds but swollen. I think I'm really down more. Great surgery. Barely even a bruise - and i can easily walk on my treadmill an hour with no problem. No pain at all. Only a very mild soreness. I'm still on the Clear Liquids and feeling a bit hungry - but I could care less and just ignore the feeling. I can live with anything for awhile if it will bring me back to my thin healthy self!

Hi All! I'm being sleeved on Tuesday next week (August 19th). I'm excited but also terrified! It's confusing that everyone has such different pre-op and post-op diets. Does anyone else feel the same way? Why such a huge difference if it's the same medical procedure?

It seems that every bariatric Dr. has their own variation of a post op diet. Some are definitely more lenient than others.

I must be blessed because I have had the easiest and most pain free experience. Only one day of moderate discomfort after surgery - and by the second day I was walking laps around the nurses station. By day 3, I could have easily gone back to work. By day 4, I did go back to work and no one can tell I've had anything done. I have literally barely a bruise. The rash I got from latex bandages is way worse than any bruises I have.

I'm down 6 pounds in 6 days and my energy level is super high. I feel WAY better than before surgery. I should probably add this: i see a lot of different variations of even a clear liquid diet out there. My Dr's told me to keep the carbs down. So no fruit juices or sugar anything for me. I am in moderate ketosis at all times. This MAY (I am not a Dr) account for varying degrees of weight loss. If one chose to drink apple juice all day, they could certainly consume a LOT of calories and sugar. I have gone the clear Protein drink direction.

My only regret is not doing this years ago!

I was sleeved on 8/13 and recovery has been rough for me-5 hours in post-op due to high blood pressure and low oxygen. Now that I'm home, days consists of naps, walking, liquid. Every day I feel a little better..

Hi guys,

I also had my surgery on August 11th-tomorrow will be a week. I'm getting sick of cream of wheat and cream of chicken with dry powdered milk. Lol

I'll be moving into the pureed diet on the 21st this Thursday.

In the meantime I'm wondering if I can have Tomato Soup?

Hi guys, I also had my surgery on August 11th-tomorrow will be a week. I'm getting sick of cream of wheat and cream of chicken with dry powdered milk. Lol I'll be moving into the pureed diet on the 21st this Thursday. In the meantime I'm wondering if I can have Tomato Soup?

I got sleeved the same day and my post op is this thurs where I'm thinking they'll move me into the next stage. I can't wait, I'm over these shakes, I drink 3 a day ughh.

But yes what other Soups are acceptable? I'm only doing broth -.-

Hi guys, I also had my surgery on August 11th-tomorrow will be a week. I'm getting sick of cream of wheat and cream of chicken with dry powdered milk. Lol I'll be moving into the pureed diet on the 21st this Thursday. In the meantime I'm wondering if I can have Tomato Soup?

I got sleeved the same day and my post op is this thurs where I'm thinking they'll move me into the next stage. I can't wait, I'm over these shakes, I drink 3 a day ughh.

But yes what other Soups are acceptable? I'm only doing broth -.-

I hear you being so over the shakes. Lol.Those are very important though. I did broth pre op and I think when I got home the next day after surgery. I've been using cream of chicken which I've gotten used to, but still, I'm over it.Thank god for yogurt and sugar free freeze pops.

Where are all the losers who've had their surgery in August. I got my sleeve Aug. 4th. When did you get yours? I've lost 12 lbs since the operation. I'm not going to lie, after I had my surgery I thought I made a terrible mistake. I was in a lot of pain. My nurses told me I (like most men) suffered from 'BigBaby-itis'. Whatever....they didn't know my pain. Don't judge me! I loved my nurses. They made me walk every few hours no matter what I was doing. The next morning I was feeling a lot better. Matter of fact I returned to work by the end of the week. How is that for being a big baby? I'm still on a mostly liquid diet, but I don't have a problem sticking to it. I have had the most vivid dreams about food lately though. The other day I dreamt that I was at a Kenny Chesney concert and he had the most delicious looking Brisket on the jumbotron as he sanged. Your probably wondering what song was he singing while the Brisket was on the Jumbotron. I was wondering what the hell I was doing at a Kenny Chesney concert....Anyway. That it's my testimony. I would live to hear from my fellow August Sleevers.

Kenny Chesney and brisket on the Jumbotron! That's hilarious. I'm on deck for Tuesday the 19th, so I'll join you guys in a few days. But thanks for the smile and good luck to you orlando.

My surgery is on the 19th and I'm going crazy with worry and emotions! I went out today to get ready for next week and bought chicken broth and sugar free Popsicles as well as some apple juice and crystal light. But after day 3, I can move to full liquids and I bought a lot of soups: cream of chicken of course, and cream of mushroom but I also got butternut squash and Tomato bisque and cashew carrot ginger, and sweet potato pumpkin! I also got plain nonfat Greek yogurt that I plan to add some Splenda and cinnamon to and blend it with nonfat milk. I bought some Isopure Protein powder that I plan to blend into everything because it's totally unflavored. I know I'll be itching to chew something by day 14 but I plan to keep the variety in my new diet as much as I can. I have been on Premier Protein shakes for two weeks and am looking forward to some things that aren't so sweet. Good luck everyone!

Hi all! I was sleeved 8/12 and am still in the hospital. I didn't have major complications but I have been having a really hard with liquids and spasms so they are been keeping me until I'm doing doing better. I should be out tomorrow!

I did exact same. Every sip I thought I was having a heart attack. ..he repaired my hernia. .their esophagus spasms..I told him I was staying another night for iv fluids. By the next evening I was ready to go but it hurt like the dickens for a wk. Hang in there. It gets better. I'm 5 wks out down 42 pds! Get better! :)