Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AUGUST 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Where are all the losers who've had their surgery in August. I got my sleeve Aug. 4th. When did you get yours? I've lost 12 lbs since the operation. I'm not going to lie, after I had my surgery I thought I made a terrible mistake. I was in a lot of pain. My nurses told me I (like most men) suffered from 'BigBaby-itis'. Whatever....they didn't know my pain. Don't judge me! I loved my nurses. They made me walk every few hours no matter what I was doing. The next morning I was feeling a lot better. Matter of fact I returned to work by the end of the week. How is that for being a big baby? I'm still on a mostly liquid diet, but I don't have a problem sticking to it. I have had the most vivid dreams about food lately though. The other day I dreamt that I was at a Kenny Chesney concert and he had the most delicious looking Brisket on the jumbotron as he sanged. Your probably wondering what song was he singing while the Brisket was on the Jumbotron. I was wondering what the hell I was doing at a Kenny Chesney concert....Anyway. That it's my testimony. I would live to hear from my fellow August Sleevers.

Edited by orlando

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery on 8th August and am 6 pounds down from my pre-surgery weight. Am on liquids for 2 weeks and still have abdominal pain, but have to go back to work tonight.

Hi I had my sleeve surgery on August 11. Still sore I have been walking. I have try to drink but its hard I have no taste, buds but I am glad I went through it. I can't wait to see some changes.

Hi, I had sleeve on 8/6. Feel awesome. Except I'm dreaming about food too. Still on liquids until 8/22. So tired of broths. Yesterday I sucked on a bean and mashed it up until I felt I could swallow. Then got scared I'd hurt my sleeve. How embarrassing!

Today I'm down 8 lbs from starting weight. I was not put on a pre-op diet at all. Just told not to eat or drink after midnight.

Walked 30 minutes last 2 days. No pain meds since 2 days post-op. Still can't believe I've done this. Have been thinking about it for years. Feel great I've done it. I was a want to be health nut. Finally, I have to be a health nut because of restrictions. Sweets are my downfall... Haven't even thought of sweets. Just want some meat please!

Hello All,

I was sleeved on August 4th. I am getting ready to move up to purees/chopped food... I can relate to thinking or dreaming about other foods.... Just wanting to have a regular type of texture other than liquids.

So far I lost a total of 21 lb total (16 lbs pre-op and 5 lb post-op) I am looking forward to the days ahead.

I cannot believe how good i feel already. I am trying to fight the anxiety moments of feeling too good to believe this will work, (if ya know what I mean)... just wanting to have success for so long and struggling so long, it almost feels like a dream that it will happen... but i am holding on to that hope.... and am thankful for the support and encouragement of others.

I look forward to sharing in the joy of other peoples success... =) Best wishes to all.

I was sleeved aug 4! All is well on a three week liquid so sick of broths!!!!

I was sleeved on the 6th. As of this morning, I was down 10lbs since surgery, 17 since my 5 days of pre-op. I am pain-free but insanely weak and tired. I'm on Clear Liquids until tomorrow but actually had a Protein shake yesterday and today to see if that would help (not really). I'm looking forward to moving to full liquids and hopefully getting some energy. As it is, showering is about the biggest task I can handle which feels super lame!

(Also jealous of you who are moving to purées already. I've got two weeks of full liquids before those start. )

Edited by agirlnamedfrankie

I just had my surgery on the 12th (2 days ago) and I have had a few rough nights. I wake up in pain, and even though I thought I was doing so good yesterday with my liquids and breathing and coughing, and walking...this morning I woke up miserable again! I was having chest pains, hurt to breath etc. I guess it is probably just the gas still, but I am not sleeping well at all! I have been up at 330 almost every morning. Also, I have gained weight since surgery. I was wondering when you start seeing the weight loss. I get that the Fluid they pump into you will make you gain some, but its a bit discouraging. I also want to say congrats to all of you who have had your surgery and are getting along well!! I'm looking forward to some little victories. Soon...I hope!

Mine was August 4. Just 1.5 weeks and lost 14 lbs. I'm on clears for another 2 weeks. Feeling great except for lack if energy! Less or virtually no calorie intake = tire body! Good luck you will soon see those little victories

Hi all! I was sleeved 8/12 and am still in the hospital. I didn't have major complications but I have been having a really hard with liquids and spasms so they are been keeping me until I'm doing doing better. I should be out tomorrow!

Surgery 8/11 and feeling great! I'm not having any food cravings specifically, I just want to have to chew. In the hospital they have great ice :) but now I'm stuck with cubes. I'm happy to find this forum.

Hello, fellow August sleevers,

I was sleeved Monday, Aug. 11. Returned home Wed., Aug. 14. I am able to walk at a slow pace, but I still have some pain, gas and nausea associated with the pain medication. Trying to get in my 60 grams of Protein (liquids) a day, but today I only got down about 25-26 grams. Did not feel surgical remorse after I woke up in recovery, but I did feel some sadness that I couldn't "fix" things before I had to turn to surgery.

Oh well... here's to living a healthier and happier life!

I wish all of you August sleevers a full recovery!

Dreamgirl45

Hi All! I'm being sleeved on Tuesday next week (August 19th). I'm excited but also terrified! It's confusing that everyone has such different pre-op and post-op diets. Does anyone else feel the same way? Why such a huge difference if it's the same medical procedure?