Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved this morning!

I had to do Clear Liquids for ten days after surgery, and I got tired super easily. Now that I've graduated to purees and soft foods my energy level has improved some, but I still haven't returned to 100%. I feel okay, but just kinda like my batteries don't hold a full charge. I've heard this gets better with time. (I hope that's true, because I'm not sure where to order a new set of batteries from.)

I will say that I sure do appreciate the people here who can muster up their sense of humor in the face of WLS.

Much appreciated, mensches!

I had to do clear liquids for ten days after surgery, and I got tired super easily. Now that I've graduated to purees and soft foods my energy level has improved some, but I still haven't returned to 100%. I feel okay, but just kinda like my batteries don't hold a full charge. I've heard this gets better with time. (I hope that's true, because I'm not sure where to order a new set of batteries from.)

lol

Day 7 post-op and omg! I'm so dang hungry. I just chewed on a small piece of fajita chicken then spit it out before I could swallow it! Now having a cup of chicken broth. Can't believe that I have 7 more days of this. Can't have soft food until my follow up with the doctor. Good news? I'm down 10 pounds since pre-surgery.

Day 7 post-op and omg! I'm so dang hungry. I just chewed on a small piece of fajita chicken then spit it out before I could swallow it! Now having a cup of chicken broth. Can't believe that I have 7 more days of this. Can't have soft food until my follow up with the doctor. Good news? I'm down 10 pounds since pre-surgery.

is it real hunger or head hunger. I thought we weren't suppose to be hungry...right???

Karen, I don't think I can tell the difference! Maybe it was head hunger. It was around lunch time and I felt as if I could/should eat something.

Remember that thirst and hunger feel basically the same. I've noticed that if I've been busy and not drinking my Water like I should, I start to feel "hungry." If it's your normal meal time, go ahead and eat, but if it's outside that time, drink some Water first and see how you feel.

Quick update at post-op day 8: I'm down 10 pounds in the week since surgery. Yay! I went back to work yesterday, and the morning was kinda tough because my energy level was very low. However, upon review, I realized it was my own damn fault. I reverted to a pre-op habit of not eating Breakfast until I got to the office, so on top of the general fatigue leftover from major surgery, I added even more fatigue from going to work without Breakfast. Lesson learned.

My post-op diet plan said to return to soft foods (mashable with a fork) on day 8, but I made an executive decision to start my soft foods stage half a day early to combat that fatigue, and boy did that help a lot with the fatigue. My first soft foods meal was about 1/2 a can of chicken with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of refried Beans. I ate about 85% of that. The sensation was definitely different than the full liquids stage... not pain exactly, but more of a discomfort in the stomach. As long as I chewed thoroughly and took small bites, it wasn't bad. I'm expecting that pain/discomfort to decrease as my stomach heals (again, I'm only a 8 days post-op, so I have several weeks of healing left).

I feel about 90% back to normal today. Soreness has actually increased around the incision sites, probably because they're continuing to heal (no redness or anything to indicate an infection), but otherwise everything's going very well. :)

Edited by kd5wzr

I am getting sleeved within a few more hours and the only thing I can hear are my coworkers talking about another coworker who had the surgery as well even though she has never admitted to it I hear. This now worries me. Why r people so mean. If they have notn good to say why not shut up. I know I will soon be the one who they will start to pick on. Smh. They rather she die bring overweight and then they say so many options out there why didn't she try to lose weight. U can't please this universe. Wow.....

I am getting sleeved within a few more hours and the only thing I can hear are my coworkers talking about another coworker who had the surgery as well even though she has never admitted to it I hear. This now worries me. Why r people so mean. If they have notn good to say why not shut up. I know I will soon be the one who they will start to pick on. Smh. They rather she die bring overweight and then they say so many

options out there why didn't she try to lose weight. U can't

please this universe. Wow.....

Yeah, smh also. Every time I read post like this one where people are being mean and judgemental about someone's decision to have WLS, it reaffirms my decision. I TOLD NO ONE.

Yeah, smh also. Every time I read post like this one where people are being mean and judgemental about someone's decision to have WLS, it reaffirms my decision. I TOLD NO ONE.

my husband my sisters my mother I told. Not even my sister in law cuz I can't trust her mouth. Wat a world. People can do other things and no criticism but wls a big issue. I can imagine wat they will say about me.

my husband my sisters my mother I told. Not even my sister in law cuz I can't trust her mouth. Wat a world. People can do other things and no criticism but wls a big issue. I can imagine wat they will say about me.

I hope you don't have to deal with any negative talk. I'm one month out yesterday. This has been a tough month.

I'm tough enough on myself . I'm glad I didn't have the

added stress of being watched. I've lost 25 pounds.

Funny, no comments as yet. I always dressed in lose

clothes and kinda been hibernating a little in my home. I've

focused the entire month on recovering and trying to get

my fluids and Protein in. Still struggling with that. Besides

reading and posting on here, I'm all by my lonesome, but I

like it. All the best and I hope the negative nellies stay

away from you.

I hope things went well and you are feeling good :)

I hope things went well and you are feeling good :)

Thnks so much for asking. All went well have been sleeping a lot. To b honest I know I have been sleeved but doesn't appear that way if I didn't have the strips on my tummy I would say I was the same. Overall doing much better. Still had gas but not the hurting kind it's the gurgle gas that doesn't go away. 4 days post op for me one of the greatest things for me is I am not hungry. I hope I can make it thru.

Two weeks post-op = down 24 pounds. :)

Two weeks post-op = down 24 pounds. :)

How are you doing???

I hope you're well and happy