Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved a week ago. Feel no different?

Thanks so much for your feedback. Where did you find your Vitamins? I was thinking of going to the Vitiman Shoppe.

I think Vitamin Shoppe carries all of the Garden of Life Vitamin Code line. Amazon carries both Garden of Life and Source of Life Gold. And I just discovered my local whole food store carries the entire Garden of Life line...including their Raw Fit and Raw Protein powders that I use, too.

I have started the raw product line. I will be using this regularly. I just need to look for the chewable vitimans. Do I appreciate the your feedback.

I felt the same way as you. Others have explained why. I just want to add that I was told even if you aren't feeling full you still need to follow the amounts of food your providers tell you to consume. I think the point was that it can be dangerous to over do it because you don't feel full.

Re Vitamins - my providers required be to by a 3 month supply from them. They use opurity. They aren't bad.

Well that makes since. But will I be Constipation? That's my worry. Cause I was super constipated when I first got banded. I knew nothing about juicing and green smoothies. Sometimes it takes experience just to know something.

I have had the Constipation issue even while on a stool softener. .. I had ibs before surgery now it's corrected an I'm lil on the other side now. Someone mentioned the B12 sublingal 500 3 x wk...I give myself a shot b12. 1000 once wk I need to look into that..that could also contribute to my running out dragging by the afternoon an evening. ..:)

Thanks for the really informative and supportive infos. I had my op at 5.Aug. 2014 , every thing till now is still within expected and no worry from serious complications. My main problem that sone i start eating some simi sold ( this week) i find that i can not eat more than 2 small spoons and start having this annoying epigastric pain. It is not sever pain , just mild or moderate one but i can not eat any more . I wait for about hour and try to continue eating but it is the same. So i returned to Fluid intake again. And i have really worry about the futur. Yes i am loosing weight but i am not having a normal life.

Can anyone , tell me if this is also within normal or not. Does it will be better with time. I hate being in pain. And what is the normal accepted amount of food i will be able to eat , less then 50 gram is not sufficient to maintain normal life and i do not want to be for the rest of my life on fluids and shakes :-(

I know that I haven't had the surgery yet, but I have to respond. You are still new. Your body is still healing. If you can't eat now, know that it won't be forever. You should talk to your surgeon. You might need to eat super soft foods longer.

Samehmm

I had my surgery just one day before you, so I am no expert either, but everything I have read on this site and others leads me to believe that we will be able to feel normal again eventually. I also miss that. I'm sure there are others out there that feel this way too but may be a little shy about admitting it. I also feel some pain if I eat too fast. I'm pretty sure it is completely normal. However, if your pain isn't tolerable or doesn't go away fairly quickly, you may want to consult with your surgeon just to be safe.....at least for peace of mind.

One thing I am reminded of every time I get on this site is that everyone's healing process is a little different as well as their experience with eating post-surgery.

Try to stay positive and Celebrate your weight loss! The rest will come over time.

Good luck!!!!

I was sleeved on 8/27 and also ended up with hiatal hernia repair. I'm having A LOT of trouble getting my Protein and liquids in...any advice GREATLY appreciated!! Also, haven't had a BM in 5 days which is adding to my misery...HELP!

I feel the exact same way. I feel like I'm not full either. I had my surgery on August 12th. I'm on the pureed stage which by the way I hate! Is it me? Everything just tastes really bad. I'm sticking to eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, V8 juice, Protein shakes and really really mashed up turkey meatballs with low sodium Tomato sauce. I'm really having a hard time with the pureed foods. But I know that's not the topic here.

There are some days I don't feel full either. I'm getting concerenced because it's taking me no time at all to drink a Protein shake. I can drink it in 10 minutes with no side effects whatsoever. Anyone else like this?

Beckyj1023,

You sound like me! I had the same concerns 3 weeks in and someone on this site posted that you will never get a "full" feeling from pureed foods and I believe that. I am now on semi solids and I do get the full feeling, however, I have noticed that there are times that it takes a little more to get to that feeling. Since I have noticed this I started tracking everything on my fitness pal so I don't overdo it.

BTW: The pureed stage does stink. Hang in there. mi solids are much better.

I feel the exact same way. I feel like I'm not full either. I had my surgery on August 12th. I'm on the pureed stage which by the way I hate! Is it me? Everything just tastes really bad. I'm sticking to eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, V8 juice, Protein shakes and really really mashed up turkey meatballs with low sodium Tomato sauce. I'm really having a hard time with the pureed foods. But I know that's not the topic here.

There are some days I don't feel full either. I'm getting concerenced because it's taking me no time at all to drink a Protein shake. I can drink it in 10 minutes with no side effects whatsoever. Anyone else like this?

I hated purees with the fire of 10,000 angry suns. Hated it. Everything was gross. Especially baby food. How do babies eat it, it's GROSS. Bland and gross. Thank goodness for me it was only a week. But it was the longest week of my 37 years. LOL.

I am at pre op stage now and getting a bit scared reading everything.. Lol- I have a Nutribullet and it works great , can we use it for our foods to purée maybe homemade better tasting foods? What are the limits with types of food at this stage for you all?

I'm 5 days post op and having no problems getting liquids and Protein drinks down. I never get a full feeling, but I don't feel hungry either. So many of the Protein Drinks are sweet and I'm beginning to get sick of them. My daughter made a big batch of vegetable broth I can add Protein powder to.

I keep hoping the weather will get cooler so walking won;t be so hard.